**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Options

Comments

• I like the artwork on the game. His head looks so smooth, I just want to rub it with oil and make it extra shiny
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Has anyone tested if center character is always the AP you get or if it's random if there's a tie (like Blade's black)

Looks random. I got red (Thor) and green (X Force) for Prof X's blue and they're tied for level 270 and X Force is in front of Thor.
  • esoxnepa wrote:
    Can someone with a level 5 Master Plan build test, Dr Doom, Iron Fist, and Prof X for me?

I'm asking, because it seems like this will yield a team with a strongest color of purple, and provide the same issue as Mystique. Please remember to use summon demons as a black dump, even if it does nothing else. Just enough to try and super power Iron Fist/Prof X from the first turn.

Thank you for thinking about if I'm right or wrong on this. If I had the ability to test it, I would.

Dr. Doom and Prof X has blue as their strongest color, while Iron Fist has green as his strongest color. There's nothing to test right now because Iron Fist can pretty much trivially pull insane combos in his current state so it's hard to see how you can make him not work.

Note that Summon Demons will not be usable if there are no open red tiles, just like Surgical Strike cannot be used if it won't destroy any tile. And the latter sort of shows just how insane Iron Fist is where you can get to a point where you can't Surgical Strike anymore because you've so much black.
  • His blue is a great ability. Really liking it.
  • His blue is a great ability. Really liking it.

Without a team designed to make match 5s, his blue is like Blade's green on steroids. Sometimes it can flat out wipe out a guy on the first turn and sometimes you never get it to trigger even once the whole match. That said it's not like characters who have a high chance of getting match 5s are weak. Good old Thor's Thunder Strike into Call the Storm combo still generates match 5s quite reliably, for example. Iron Fist will almost certainly still generate match 5s by the truckloads even after the nerf.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question....

Regarding Dr. Doom and Xavier. Is it possible for Doom's trap to overwrite Xavier's invisibility tile? Or Xavier's invs. tile to overwrite Doom's? I tried this a few times but the only way to know for sure is if there are no basic purple tiles left. Everytime I tried it, there would always be plenty of fresh purple tiles for Doom to turn into traps.

I also tried waiting until all purples were covered with traps to cast Invisibility, but fresh ones kept falling. So maybe someone else will have better luck.

little hint, I tried this against goons so that I could have Better control over the board and not worry about enemies matching tiles I needed. 3rd character was Cap to overwrite CD tiles and stun goons.

If anyone can answer this, I would appreciate it, thanks, JJ.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Dr. Doom and Prof X has blue as their strongest color, while Iron Fist has green as his strongest color. There's nothing to test right now because Iron Fist can pretty much trivially pull insane combos in his current state so it's hard to see how you can make him not work.

Note that Summon Demons will not be usable if there are no open red tiles, just like Surgical Strike cannot be used if it won't destroy any tile. And the latter sort of shows just how insane Iron Fist is where you can get to a point where you can't Surgical Strike anymore because you've so much black.

I thought the "Team's Strongest Color" looked at the totals for all three characters' values? So, I had added all of them up at max level to come back with purple?

I knew Summon Demons wasn't a guarantee, but just a high level chance to let you dump black to keep the combo flowing.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just thought of something. Can The Professor be sent as a TU? His only active ability makes him invisible, and only works when he makes a match. So if you use this power as a TU who goes invisible?
  • I think prof xavier is overpowered. He has the same health as Nick Fury. How is this possible? He's in a wheelchair! In the comic books he could never last in a physical combat. So please reduce he's hitpoints. It makes no sense. He's abilities are already overpowered.
  • Question....

Regarding Dr. Doom and Xavier. Is it possible for Doom's trap to overwrite Xavier's invisibility tile? Or Xavier's invs. tile to overwrite Doom's? I tried this a few times but the only way to know for sure is if there are no basic purple tiles left. Everytime I tried it, there would always be plenty of fresh purple tiles for Doom to turn into traps.

I also tried waiting until all purples were covered with traps to cast Invisibility, but fresh ones kept falling. So maybe someone else will have better luck.

little hint, I tried this against goons so that I could have Better control over the board and not worry about enemies matching tiles I needed. 3rd character was Cap to overwrite CD tiles and stun goons.

If anyone can answer this, I would appreciate it, thanks, JJ.

Doom's trap almost assuredly can NOT overwrite the invisibility tile. Traps are greedy, they don't share tiles with others. Invisibility over a trap.... unclear. Most abilities do not overwrite friendly traps with random tiles, to the point of dropping the random tiles if they would, like Patch. I'll try and test this later.

It's also pretty hard to 100% trap a board with Doom even tho he makes 1 a round. Not impossible but if you are taking purple not easy to do either.
  • hawklanzs wrote:
    I think prof xavier is overpowered. He has the same health as Nick Fury. How is this possible? He's in a wheelchair! In the comic books he could never last in a physical combat. So please reduce he's hitpoints. It makes no sense. He's abilities are already overpowered.

This is more evidence that Nick Fury needs his health reworked than Prof X has too much. In 3* land, Prof X would be a 5350 probably, MAYBE 6800 while I see Nick Fury as more of an 8500 character. Fury needs 10960 at least, if not more.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    hawklanzs wrote:
    I think prof xavier is overpowered. He has the same health as Nick Fury. How is this possible? He's in a wheelchair! In the comic books he could never last in a physical combat. So please reduce he's hitpoints. It makes no sense. He's abilities are already overpowered.

This is more evidence that Nick Fury needs his health reworked than Prof X has too much. In 3* land, Prof X would be a 5350 probably, MAYBE 6800 while I see Nick Fury as more of an 8500 character. Fury needs 10960 at least, if not more.

Professor X probably needs Hood / Storm / IW level squishiness. Nick Fury is probably fine where he is (I believe he's 5950 tier?), same toughness as Black Widow. 6800 would put him at Punisher tier (Punisher probably needs to get bumped to 7650, Iron Fist should be lowered to 6800).
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Prof double dips on strike tiles with his blueflag.png ?

ETA: I just tried this in his tourney and it seems like he does.
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't know about you guys but there are some abilities (Colossus' Colossal Punch is one for me) that are just so satisfying to use in battle.

OBW keeps healing her team, Bullseye keeps dropping protect tiles, you can feel a Surgical Strike coming up and - WHAM!- Colossal Punch and that character is finally downed.

But now there's a guy in a WHEELCHAIR! icon_cry.gif

I've done it a few times now where I'm like, "Awe poor guy. He's in a wheelchair." Now Punisher's Retribution has the same effect on me.

I don't genuinely feel bad. I just think its funny that it pops in my head every time. Didn't feel this way about hitting female characters. Not even Squirrel Girl who I'm guessing is a teenager. Just for the old guy in the wheelchair.

Anybody else?

If so or if not, and other abilities that just seem weird to be using on a paraplegic?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    I didn't feel so bad for him after I spent 20 turns with xforce board shake trying to hit the invisibility tile in the bottom right corner.... only to have him drop a new one next turn because he'd saved 7 ap in the meantime.

icon_twisted.gif
  • I feel bad when hitting Beast, cause I know he suffers from a handicap that's not his own fault. You gotta feel sorry for the guy.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This brings up an interesting question that those more well-versed in Marvel's comic history might be able to answer; what are some other examples of handicapped heroes/villains?
    I think it was in the first X-Men movie, where a kid in a wheel chair and physical deformities was wheeled out at one point. I thought that was a powerful image, and a reminder that being a mutant doesn't necessarily mean you are hot and super-toned in addition to being able to fly and kick cars half a mile.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the Professor X thread, someone said they really liked the concept of Colossus Fastball Specialing him
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    This brings up an interesting question that those more well-versed in Marvel's comic history might be able to answer; what are some other examples of handicapped heroes/villains?

Well, Daredevil is blind, even if he has superpowers that compensate, and are in some ways better than sight. Thor originally had a human alter ego who walked with a cane (which was his hammer in disguise). I don't know if you want to count cyborgs like Winter Solider. . . they have missing body parts, but they're replaced with better, "super" ones. Outside Marvel, the original Batgirl spent most of the modern era in a wheelchair. That was reversed pretty recently, and a lot of people were upset because they liked what the character had become (a hacker who gathered intel behind the scenes and went by Oracle).
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    From the Professor X thread, someone said they really liked the concept of Colossus Fastball Specialing him

Great mental image! Haha. I searched for an image of the prof getting punched in the face, but all I could find was this: icon_twisted.gif

professor-x-vs-stairs1.jpg