**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Options

Comments

• I like blue because it's the ultimate win more. It turns criticals into catastrophes. Purple just turns xavier matches into boosts. Blue sounds way more like a 4* power to me.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Are you asking how good 4 free ap of your strongest color is? AP that you can use immediately, since you just crit?
    Pretty good
    No, I think he meant how good was the +2 AP.

Yellow allow Prof X to synergise with more characters.
  • One thing that's become clear is Purple is useless on an underlevelled Xavier. If Xavier isn't at least 200 and tanking at least 2 colors he's not going to be helping your team much with Invisibility.

It probably makes sense to start building him towards 5/3/5 and then switch him over to 5 purple once he's levelled if that's more your playstyle. Most people aren't going to have him fully covered the first month.
  • daibar wrote:
    Most people aren't going to have him fully covered the first month.
    Most people will never have him fully covered icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lacydog69 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Since Professor X upgrades on any match he makes even a single attack tile can quickly become something ridiculous when he's the last guy left.

I'm rethinking about 5 in blue but I think this heroic isn't a good one since you don't really have anyone that'd be good for setting up match 5s. I don't think it's that important to have yellow maxed because if you want to have Professor X kill everyone as the last person you can just group him with Daken. As long as any of Daken's strike tile survive the game sure isn't going to last very long once Prof X is the last guy left and it's usually not *that* hard to get your character killed once scaling takes off.

Looking at everything though, I would think you want his yellow at either 4 or 5, so that you can either have a strike and attack, or just an attack tile. If he's the only one left and invisible with nothing left on board, it's going to be a slow rest of match unless you luck into some match-5s.

Which is where I think Punisher would be a good pairing, because even though you have a slight chance Judgement may destroy a invisibility tile, he has cheap enough powers that can fire often letting you just spit out special tiles from the professor.

Pair that with Daken and you can make a mean combo, I would think.

Team Ups count as an ally casting an ability, if your team gets wiped and you lose your tiles you have 3 shots at reactivating them. I had one match where my last attack tiles was destroyed and if I had 4 or 5 covers in yellow I could've won (AI eventually killed my invis tile before I could get enough match 5s to win).
    daibar wrote:
    One thing that's become clear is Purple is useless on an underlevelled Xavier. If Xavier isn't at least 200 and tanking at least 2 colors he's not going to be helping your team much with Invisibility.

It probably makes sense to start building him towards 5/3/5 and then switch him over to 5 purple once he's levelled if that's more your playstyle. Most people aren't going to have him fully covered the first month.

If you bring a **** team (say 2* daken and 1 or 3* storm) and can get either some strike tiles or storm's black off before they die, an invisible Professor X can handedly beat teams without AoE or board shakes. If you can get his protect tiles up high enough he can even survive the occasional AoE. This rotation I beat the level 250 Moonstone/Daken/Bullseye node with a 196 Blade, 111 3* Storm and level 171 Q-ball 2/2/1.
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    You're right. If you want to go 5 purple, prof should tank all 3 of his colors. Here's a list of all star.pngstar.pngstar.png , and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters that WILL NOT tank for him.

Definitions:
    Cheap power icon_e_smile.gif - non-purple cost 7 to 9. Requires 3 matches or 1 match when boosted.
    Very cheap power icon_e_biggrin.gif - non-purple cost less than 6. Requires 2 or less matches or free when boosted.

icon_psylocke.png : icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif, strike.pngattack.png, blackflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_shehulk.png : Dumb strike.png, board shake, blueflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_doctoroctopus.png : Free early attack.png (situational), board shake, blueflag.pnggreenflag.png actives
    icon_sentry.png : strike.png , board shake, greenflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png actives
    icon_punisher.png : icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif, strike.pngattack.png, blackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_devildino.png : icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif, board shake, greenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_humantorch.png : icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gif, attack.png , minor board shake, blackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_ragnarok.png : icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gif, minor board shake, blueflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_magneto.png : icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif, protect.png , board shake, tutile.png removal, blueflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png actives
    icon_wolverine.png (Patch): icon_e_smile.gif, sustain, strike.png that benefit hugely from attack tile, greenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_wolverine.png (XF): icon_e_smile.gif, possible sustain, board shake, possible removal of redtile.png / greentile.png / blacktile.png, blackflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png actives
    icon_blade.png : icon_e_smile.gif, free early strike.png (situational), blackflag.png active
    icon_daken.png : icon_e_biggrin.gif, sustain, minor board shake, free early strike.png, blueflag.png active
    icon_doctordoom.png : icon_e_smile.gif but gets rid of bluetile.png, board shake, blacktile.png accelerator:, attack.png, blackflag.pngblueflag.png actives
    icon_hulk.png : A lot of board shake (may destroy invisibility), greentile.png accelerator, greenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_gamora.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif, strike.png, blackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    icon_ironfist.png : Free early attack.png, blacktile.png accelerator, board shake, greenflag.png active
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hayek wrote:
    icon_wolverine.png (Patch): icon_e_smile.gif, sustain, strike.png that benefit hugely from attack tile, greenflag.pngredflag.png actives
    I never considered how frustrating/amazing Patch with an invisible Prof X would be with BR tiles on the board!
  • raziel777 wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Most people aren't going to have him fully covered the first month.
    Most people will never have him fully covered icon_e_ugeek.gif

Are you supposed to fully-cover 4 stars? I think I'm doing it wrong My Suzy is at 3/3/1 Devil 2/0/5 Fury 1/2/3 X-Force 2/3/1
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this guy needs to be nerf and nerf quick. I mean i just won a match in one move. Yes he is overpower but it shows that if you max him you can win in one move.

hit for a 5 move Killed the one person right off the back. Stones fall and got another 5 stone another kill and stones fall and got another 5 stone and a 3rd kill

Then if you team him with storm.

Get enough stones to do a pink and then do Storms Hail and then have the professor match for 1 move the hail storm will do 4k per round again 3 or 4 rounds hello win.

you got the cash and you got one of each cover hello ever few is ever going to beat you.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    in fact GSBW is all that's left for placing colored tiles

Not quite. People are forgetting about Steve Rogers' yellow. Sure, it's very expensive, but at 1-4 covers it almost guarantees, and at 5 covers it DOES guarantee a match 5 (assuming you don't care about the shields, but X will be generating his own shields anyway).

Not that I expect people to start rushing to re-spec Cap to 5/*/*, but it's something to consider.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    this guy needs to be nerf and nerf quick. I mean i just won a match in one move. Yes he is overpower but it shows that if you max him you can win in one move.

hit for a 5 move Killed the one person right off the back. Stones fall and got another 5 stone another kill and stones fall and got another 5 stone and a 3rd kill

Get enough stones to do a pink and then do Storms Hail and then have the professor match for 1 move the hail storm will do 4k per round again 3 or 4 rounds hello win.

you got the cash and you got one of each cover hello ever few is ever going to beat you.

Is this a serious post?

This will only happen if the enemies die with about 4k damage (whatever xavier's blue does on a match 5). That's not an issue when playing against 4* thor, or Ares at level 395.

Xavier does seem to be the most useful 4* released since 4* thor, and is certainly the best currently available 4* support character. But I think it's too early to say that he overpowered.
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Is this a serious post?

This will only happen if the enemies die with about 4k damage (whatever xavier's blue does on a match 5). That's not an issue when playing against 4* thor, or Ares at level 395.

Xavier does seem to be the most useful 4* released since 4* thor, and is certainly the best currently available 4* support character. But I think it's too early to say that he overpowered.

Regardless if he's OP or not, D3 just nerfed him and his main partners - if he's ever nerfed, it won't be for a longgggg time.
  • Hey guys. Been lurkin around and finally registered as a member here. Been actively playin the game for a while.
    Wanted to ask your insights if a team of 4thor prof x and xforce is a good team?
    Im currently raising 4thor to 270 (now at 232 with 5/3/5), gotten prof x at 1/1/1 and xforce is 0/1/1. Think ill be gettin his green power sooner or later with the shield supply pull.
    Wanted to check if this is a good team and whats your recommendation?
  • Gotta love how the opinion on Xavier changed from OP to useless, back to OP over the course of 2 weeks.
  • For best purple combinations tried so far: Psylocke ?! + 3/5/5 Xavier
    Boost +3 All, +3 greentile.pngblacktile.png , + 1 bluetile.pngpurpletile.png

1st turn: Psi-Katana, match purple.
    2nd turn: Invisibility.

End of turn 1: 75 Protect, 54, 231 Attack, 82 Strike tile, + 965 dmg + match dmg. Already +449 dmg a turn
    End of turn 2: (1 Prof x Match): 313 Protect, 292, 469 Attack, 320 Strike: +1401 dmg/turn
    none.png(If 2 Prof X) Match: 551 Protect, 530, 707 Attack, 558 Strike: +2353 dmg/turn

It's not as fast as Sentry bombing, but I wouldn't say it's not powerful, not unreasonably getting rid of match damage and doing an extra 2k damage per turn by the 3rd turn. Then you could match 2 red -> Psychic Knife, another 2 black for Psi-Katana, or even 2 blue for Bewilder. Due to reliance on the invisibility tile, it's a little more risky than IF/XForce, but not too reliant on IF's transformation luck.

Again this makes +6 AP boosts broken. They should be limited to +3AP.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Is this a serious post?

Gives you top 10 or better every time in PVP
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Gives you top 10 or better every time in PVP
    I'm fairly convinced that I'm feeding the troll here... but....

I call bullkitty.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Can someone with a level 5 Master Plan build test, Dr Doom, Iron Fist, and Prof X for me?

I'm asking, because it seems like this will yield a team with a strongest color of purple, and provide the same issue as Mystique. Please remember to use summon demons as a black dump, even if it does nothing else. Just enough to try and super power Iron Fist/Prof X from the first turn.

Thank you for thinking about if I'm right or wrong on this. If I had the ability to test it, I would.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Edit: Looks like I was wrong on how "Team's Strongest Color" is calculated. It's really more of a "strongest color on a team" and not a combination of the characters and their multiple strengths and weaknesses leading to a teams strongest color. So its a much lazier, less interesting, mechanic than I thought, my bad. I'll leave what would have been awesome teams if the team strongest mechanic really looked at the full team compilation and their total team strengths and weaknesses.

The Master Plan Teams, where Master Plan feeds back into an AP generating ability seem to be:

Iron Fist, Dr Doom
    purpletile.png returns
    5 purpletile.png generates (9)7 blacktile.png if blacktile.png < 12
    Summon Demons will dump 12 blacktile.png to keep
    Technopathic Strike offers bluetile.png => blacktile.png flexability

Mystique, Iron Fist
    purpletile.png returns
    5 purpletile.png generates (9)7 blacktile.png if blacktile.png < 12
    9(10) bluetile.png generates 10(9) purpletile.pngblacktile.png
    Infiltration will dump blacktile.png

Mystique, 2*Magneto

bluetile.png returns
    9 purpletile.png generates 5(3+5red) bluetile.png that can be placed

GSBW, Mystique
    purpletile.png returns
    11 purpletile.png generates 6 greentile.png that can be placed

Cyclops, Thor
    yellowtile.png returns
    12 yellowtile.png generates 9 greentile.png
    7 yellowtile.pngconverts 8 tutile.png to 8 redtile.png

3*Storm, Thor
    yellowtile.png returns
    12 yellowtile.png generates 9 greentile.png
    10 greentile.png sweeps 14 tiles

I think I have these correct. Any others that feed back into AP generation abilities from Master Plan?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone tested if center character is always the AP you get or if it's random if there's a tie (like Blade's black)