Thick as Thieves

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    behind 1st by 900pts

*couldnt post my steam screenie - there's a limit on 700pixels ****

less than 5mins to go, i can't find any battles worth over 500pts anymore and they're all lv230 mooks anyway.

only needed to place 3rd, didn't need the wolverine but figure i'll try for 1st anyway.

the strange thing is all these people come exploding into the top10 within the last few hours. but i guess thats due to the mmr and rubberbanding.
    had a look at everyone's roster in the top10 and a few high 100s, mostly mid 80s and then a significant number of low 30s

looking forward to daredevil now.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one with a bunch of people in top10 with only sub-level-40 heroes. Ridiculous. Hard for me to believe they're getting that high without cheating. I haven't combed through this whole thread, but a friend of mine said the cheating was documented somewhere on here. I hope this gets dealt with. Really wanted top 10 for that DD Blue. icon_e_sad.gif

edit:

Gapsule, Dirigible Pilot, Xerobull, ga ga, skyer_x are all in this category.
  • 4* X-man is on the revamp list though.

All these level 30 and less players have no place in the top 10 over level 100+ players.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Damn, when you posted about an hour ago about your refresh I thought you'd be able to make top10 for sure.

Not sure how I did, was #2 going into the final minute and I didn't finish my last battle in time.

You were #2, I got bumped all the way down to #6. I can't complain though, given how little I played bar lunch breaks and the end of each sub-event.
  • The only good thing about this stupid system is most of my top 10 had legitimate looking teams...A rarity apparently.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Ugh. I should have gone for an extra refresh today. Or started my push earlier. I was never able to climb into the top 2. Oh well. I didn't need X-Force green that badly since he sucks anyway.

I wasn't going for him for how he is now, but how he might be after the rework hehe.

HAHA HOLY **** I FINISHED TOP 2!

My last mission must have pushed me over. I finished right at 12. Ahahaha.

Anyway my X-Force was already 3/5/2. Now he can 4/5/2 but I might wait a bit.
  • I was like 6th going into my last battle. No idea how I finished top 2. But wow that was thrilling. Not the finish, not at all like elite avengers that had an exciting finish. This was a grind and a half.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Managed to get first for a bit by saving sub event until after I grinded most of the main missions. Note I did not grind them all down. Got passed near the very end after I ran out of health packs. That player's best cover would be 53 Patch. I suppose he coulda jumped past me if he was always boosted.
    jozier wrote:
    Ugh. I should have gone for an extra refresh today. Or started my push earlier. I was never able to climb into the top 2. Oh well. I didn't need X-Force green that badly since he sucks anyway.
    There's a reason he's next to be balanced icon_e_wink.gif
  • Yup,

I knew I peaked too early and got rubberbanded out.

Held onto 1st for about 15 minutes and despite clearing both subs fully and finishing first in my sub, I ended up in 12th.
  • My bracket exploded during the the last hour and a half. Finished with I think around 57,000 and was #5 going into the last missions, which I don't think I finished in time. Thought I had a chance at top 2, but oh well, at least I got top 10
  • Grats to Phantron - he got first in "Hell bracket". I wish my work and slow netbook didn't obstruct me from fighting for 1 place. Well, 8th is not to bad too. On one hand, it was very intense and challenging event, on other - this was one of, if not THE worst event for me, pushing my whole roster through grinder was not very entertaining task.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Sorry jozier. Still waiting to see what happened....was first by less than 100 points when I last checked with 2 mins left but I know ppl were fighting for position. Waiting...
  • Urk... top 3 with 1 minute left, 100 points from the second, ofc those 230 maggias took a few seconds more than that. Not bad, but I really wanted the X barrage guy icon_e_confused.gif
  • Oh I know X-Force is next. I just have no idea if Green will be any good. For all we know they could buff Red and Yellow.

It's a **** shoot.

I'm 3/5/2 with a green in the cache. I'll probably apply it but no idea if it'll be a good idea.

Also I fell out of the top 5 in my sub, no big deal, my second patch is 3/5/3 and doesn't need levels.

But my heroics pulled:

Red Punisher
    Pink OBW
    Black OBW

Too bad both of mine are maxed, but heroic tokens seem buffed lately...getting much nicer pulls.
  • Top 10. I'm pretty happy with that. I spent a lot of time at 1-2 over the past few days, but I knew timing wasn't going to work out to let all my stacks recover in time to do all 12 missions before the end. The sprint started in my main about 45 minutes ago, and I slowly sank from 1st to 8th. Got all 3 DD covers, though!

So I had zero time to follow the thread over the last two days. What is the complaint about 1* rosters? Can someone encapsulate for me? And is it documented?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I really doubt rampant cheating is to blame. Patch has a huge buff at lower levels such that even at level 15 he's quite strong, and the Patch the game gives you on many missions can do them by himself, provided the enemies are low enough level. Retreat-tanking worked throughout the entire event, but barring that it seems to be the case that the responsiveness of enemy levels to wins and losses both was reduced halfway through, which means that late starters who didn't really grind missions out until today might never have had a seriously difficult fight to deal with. The rubber-banding was extreme enough that one mission (The Who) could basically jump you from 10x rubber-banding to none at all. I suspect that you could have gotten a top 10 finish while entering the tournament early this morning.
  • That was brutal...actually fun though...surprisingly fun
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yay! I got a couple cap'n A's.
    Just what I always wanted! Lol

(Gained enough hp to afford that sarcasm booster)
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    2014-01-31_00001_zps82500a02.jpg

bah rewards are lagging/delayed.
  • Sub events were really important here as the points given did not fluctuate based on your position in the main event. Just had to save the 800 point missions for the end.

Also, whoever pushes first in the final 8 hours usually gets ****.