Army Of One -- New Event

Options

Comments

• Damn I don't want to pump all my ISO into the Punisher.
    I will probably finish my Patch with the PVE event (sitting at 3/3/3), so I should probably skip this one, but I know I won't be able to resist the urge icon_mad.gif
    So many covers... so few ISO icon_cry.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn I don't want to pump all my ISO into the Punisher.
    I will probably finish my Patch with the PVE event (sitting at 3/3/3), so I should probably skip this one, but I know I won't be able to resist the urge icon_mad.gif

I think you can get a nice position with any level of Punisher since top scores arent getting high...
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Out of curiosity I shielded for eight hours. Two attacks in that eight hours. Let it drop for 1.5 hours and got hit eight times. That is some bull. They are hiding people with shields and bringing the non shielded to the front

Yep. I was getting hit for -40 something for each 2 10- 15 pt match I won and finally just gave in and shielded. 5 to 6 hits in the hour of my run before shielding and since, 1 single hit. I dont even have a tank team in so take it for what you will

Said it before so I'll just quote myself here:
    I'm finding it to be pretty consistent that when you are shielded you don't get attacked nearly as much. You get hit some... Devs have to make you believe that shield is worth buying. But when you take that shield down, you are fair game. And if you are close to a milestone, you get put into a number of people's crosshairs. Today in DC when I was getting ready for a short push, I had the same 5 people in my list. Somewhere around the 9 hour mark, people started taking shields down and new people showed up on the list. After they got hammered for a bit, shields went up and they disappeared. Later, same 5 targets as before. Yes, much of this is speculation, but they're learning that if they make changes that are well obfuscated, they don't catch as much grief for it. Cent Cent
  • turul wrote:
    Damn I don't want to pump all my ISO into the Punisher.

I think you can get a nice position with any level of Punisher since top scores arent getting high...

Yeah you're right, that's probably what I'll try to do.
    You know a Patch tournament is coming next... possibly with DD as a reward? Since I won't be able to use my trusted Wolvie then, I have to save ISO for patch now icon_twisted.gif
    Luckily the cover I want most is also the easiest to get (green in top45).
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know a Patch tournament is coming next...

Or it may be Wolverine variations tournament... icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul wrote:
    You know a Patch tournament is coming next...

Or it may be Wolverine variations tournament... icon_e_smile.gif

What would be cool! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kev42 wrote:
    Said it before so I'll just quote myself here:
    I'm finding it to be pretty consistent that when you are shielded you don't get attacked nearly as much. You get hit some... Devs have to make you believe that shield is worth buying. But when you take that shield down, you are fair game. And if you are close to a milestone, you get put into a number of people's crosshairs. Today in DC when I was getting ready for a short push, I had the same 5 people in my list. Somewhere around the 9 hour mark, people started taking shields down and new people showed up on the list. After they got hammered for a bit, shields went up and they disappeared. Later, same 5 targets as before. Yes, much of this is speculation, but they're learning that if they make changes that are well obfuscated, they don't catch as much grief for it. Cent Cent
    I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but I had a 3-hour up a couple of tournaments back and was righteously battered under it both early (as expected) and towards the end of its duration. About an hour in the middle with minimal hits. I've seen a lot of speculation that there's some kind of shenanigans going on with the shields, but my own experience hasn't really borne it out. I'd believe nearly anything, though - they seem to be fiddling with it from one patch to the next, so what held then might not now, anyway.
  • it was kinda shocking to go from how the last event played to this one. The top used to be a run away filled with people shielding tank teams at the top that just fed you points and broke your bracket if no one else in it was high enough in points and mmr to see them.

Now I don't see anyone that gives me more then 15 points outside of the 500ish

I've been hit 3 times in about 16 hours of shielding, but yesterday, without a shield I lost about 300 points in the time it took to do a match.

this explains why points are so low, shields used to be point farms, but now everyone above a certain point total will be shielded and out of the match system.

after completely getting completely demolished all day yesterday, I figured the only way to get/stay at the top now is: Prep your matches through passes, unshield, clear the easy points, shield. rinse repeat. which is, regrettably going to keep people not spending hp out.
  • I should note that the team that I wasnt getting attacked on while shielding for most of a day, was a tank team.
  • I can't believe I will have to claw up to 800 for a possible win. No wonder they raised the 1000 reward back to 100hp... noone can even reach that.

I've seen one guy once in this tournament that had a little over 1000 points. Thanks to him I got my one and only +4x and passed the 800 points mark. I'm shielded now at 811 and saw another guy that has 901 points. That's it.

All other people I see are between 4xx and 6xx. Very few at 7xx points.

Makes it quite impossible for me to reach 1000 or more points or the 2400 that I'd need for the X-Force Wolvie Cover (the only cover in this game that I don't have (besides Daredevil of course)) icon_evil.gif

I was getting attacked a lot with and without shield.
  • Jamil wrote:
    Makes it quite impossible for me to reach 1000 or more points or the 2400 that I'd need for the X-Force Wolvie Cover (the only cover in this game that I don't have (besides Daredevil of course)) icon_evil.gif

I was getting attacked a lot with and without shield.

It's literally impossible to break 2400 due to invisible shields, there are a few 1000s in the bracket, can't see them with 50+ passes.
  • OK, glad it wasn't just me who can't break 700. This is so dumb. It's like everyone says, the devs give you something good but then screw up more things. I had hope again when they reduced the shield prices but now, not so much. I have had the same opponents this whole damn time.top in my bracket is 699.
  • I'm passed 700 after a steady push. But maybe that's just me.
  • Got stuck in a retaliation war around 800. Was just about to cross when I got knocked down, now back to 700 icon_e_sad.gif.

Oh well. I'll probably snag first easily.
  • jozier wrote:
    I'm passed 700 after a steady push. But maybe that's just me.

I've been able to get 700 consistently but beyond that is a nightmare. Tops in my bracket is 830 and it's gonna be harsh getting there. Only way I see is if I queue up a bunch of decent fights (only took me 100 skips to find a 20 point match icon_rolleyes.gif ) hit those as fast as possible and shield before the retaliations come rolling in. Kinda dumb that I have to skip about 200 guys to find two 20 point matches that gets wiped out by a retaliation if I'm not fast enough.
  • I'm shielded at 750, about 100 above 2nd, we'll see if it's good enough. I wasted too much on shields because I started early, not realizing how impossible it would be to get the higher progression rewards.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I'm passed 700 after a steady push. But maybe that's just me.

I've been able to get 700 consistently but beyond that is a nightmare. Tops in my bracket is 830 and it's gonna be harsh getting there. Only way I see is if I queue up a bunch of decent fights (only took me 100 skips to find a 20 point match icon_rolleyes.gif ) hit those as fast as possible and shield before the retaliations come rolling in. Kinda dumb that I have to skip about 200 guys to find two 20 point matches that gets wiped out by a retaliation if I'm not fast enough.

Yep, used to be that it took a 250-300 pt. cushion to feel safe, now 100-150 is a really comfortable margin given that the mob is guaranteed to get someone making a push after 2-3 rounds if they're in the 700+ point range. 8 out the top 10 in my bracket are now shielded - wonder if this is intended to change the meta of joining at the last minute as well.
  • I got hit a few times over the night, expecting to regain my points from hitting the retaliations. I finished the first retal and that was the only one...It's like the game removed people who shielded from my retal list. I assume these people shielded after getting whatever points they needed. I see TheLadder in first...for now icon_e_wink.gif Probably just going to retal coast throughout the day until I made a push. 16th atm, one or two matched will push me into top 10 easy.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, shields expire in 20 min. Sitting at 650 points with leader at 800. Dont really care about patch since pve handles that for me, so i guess ill make a push to 850 and just not shield if i cant make it. Sigh, wish my bracket wasnt so competitive...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, there is something up with retaliations. I saw like 4 pop up while I was finishing the last set of missions in PvE, but only 1 new one was available when I went to do them