Army Of One -- New Event

Options

Comments

• Yeah that all makes sense. I stopped using Wolvie** in this event because Frank at level 80 something tosses out 3 strike tiles more powerful than Wolvie's for 8 green AP. So yes if you're stockpiling red, you'll get a slight bump in strike tile damage, but he's otherwise redundant because retribution does a good amount of damage.

I've been using OBW and Spidey for this one so far, works well. My hood isn't levelled well yet and I have 5 yellows but not the 5 blue I would need yet to make him super useful. Now that I have a 5/5 Doom and Loki, Hood and C Mags are my two focuses for lightning rounds.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whats the highest score that oyu guys have encountered? SHould I go for the 2400 this time around?
  • Whats the highest score that oyu guys have encountered? SHould I go for the 2400 this time around?
    I am shielded at 766, have not seen anyone above me...had to farm alot of 400-500 people to get here.
  • Whats the highest score that oyu guys have encountered? SHould I go for the 2400 this time around?
    yea, wanted to know the same. Need yellow and red x-forces still and want to know if anybody thinks it is possible. I might wait until tomorrow again to just go for a low bracket if it.doesn't seem 2400 is possible right now. As I see it you need either lots at mid range or a few high ppl.shielding to help pull eachother up to reach the high rewards. 2400 seems like easy too much if the last event is any clue to how this one may go.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's still the first day, 2.4k would likely be incredibly painful to grind to any day but the last
  • Spoit wrote:
    It's still the first day, 2.4k would likely be incredibly painful to grind to any day but the last
    everyone who reached it the last event or two did so before the last day from what I saw actually. Yes, now is probably early, but the issue is that most that did it last event lucked into easy to exploit Mmr groups as opposed to the cesspool of 400-800 points. It's possible the only way to get out of said cesspool is to grind early before ppl start really attacking and moving into the same ranges and instead to rely on ppl not retaliating to move up early.
  • I am having trouble finding players with a shield. I could not find them, I could not help raise the score if the shielded players are no longer visible to me.
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    Whats the highest score that oyu guys have encountered? SHould I go for the 2400 this time around?
    I am shielded at 766, have not seen anyone above me...had to farm alot of 400-500 people to get here.

I stopped at 718 since I couldn't find a single fight higher once I got over 600 and already had to hit a few guys 2x. I could use both IW and xforce yellows. Optimistic bc I have seen 3 guys below me toss up shields to protect 400 n 500ish scores so lowered shield prices are back to a comfortable price for many.
  • When I read the title of this event, I thought it meant teams of 1v1. I was vaguely excited. I wonder how much fun that would be to just fight 1v1.
  • Yeah, so I'm pretty sure shielding removes you from being seen now, or at least makes it very very hard for people to see you. I was getting slammed, so I threw up a shield, then zero attacks for its duration. Shield went down, I started attacking, and within two minutes I started getting slammed again. Furthermore, none of my opponents thus far at 500-700 have been shielded, I've watched their points go down every time I attack them.
  • Bucky76 wrote:

I stopped at 718 since I couldn't find a single fight higher once I got over 600 and already had to hit a few guys 2x. I could use both IW and xforce yellows. Optimistic bc I have seen 3 guys below me toss up shields to protect 400 n 500ish scores so lowered shield prices are back to a comfortable price for many.
    Encouraging, but I wish they'd announce these things! I wouldn't have noticed that change if I didn't read about it here. So two things: I hope people willing to spend HP at the lower rate actually realize it's been dropped again, and I hope enough people have leveled Punishers not to skew the data. If yours is still in the 50s, you're not likely to shield much because you're going to struggle to get anywhere rating-wise, anyway. I'm pouring whatever ISO I can find into mine, but I won't have him anywhere near competitive this round. Round 2, maybe, depending how much ISO falls out of Thick as Thieves when you shake it.
  • Actually I went back and looked and shielded guys are 2 in the 400s and one in the 350 range so clearly the price decrease makes a big difference. If people are shielding this low I can only see it continue.
  • sweet, just noticed the shield prices.

not looking forward to the latter stages of this tourney when my lev73 punisher becomes woefuly outclassed.

going to try to do some early tourney work as the wait until the last day strategy really flopped on DC2.
  • Meh still the same problems as before. Make my way up to the top five, shield, come out of shield and fight against the same five or six people for **** points all the while getting slammed for double or triple what im earning every match. Two hours later I find that im down iso for boosts, lighter six or seven health packs and in 12th...

Any chance of getting this fixed before I give up entirely?

Oddly enough 20 minutes later after say **** it I'll play for fun (because im annoyingly addicted) im in 5th again... maybe ive hit the top of where you can go without being slaughtered. Either that or god/alah/Buddha/the great pumpkin felt pity o me icon_lol.gif
  • In this event i'm actually going for Thor.
    My Thor is 1/1/1, and i would like to play with him before the nerf. I've heard he is a really fun character to play, because his red goes into his yellow ,and his yellow goes into his green.

I know Wolverine is a superior character, but i may never have the chance to play pre nerf Thor. With those two events he will be a 3/3/3, and i will invest some iso to get him to level 30.

Besides that, it's nice to have a break from using shields and focusing so hard on top 5. But i wonder how could i manage to grab both full clip tokens, but not get to high on ranking to miss the Thor reward for a single Wolverine cover.
  • Tops in my bracket right now at 600ish. No good targets to reasonably go up. No point in shielding since getting to this 600 mark is fairly easy.

Running 115 Punisher / 100 Spidey / 100 Mag

Is Chicken Pie on this board? I see him competing against me in all my brackets it seems
  • If people are no longer seeing shielded characters, then that means the only way to hit a shielded guy is from retaliations? That's going to slow down the point generation from shields significantly. I guess we'll have to see how the tournament shakes out to see if this is too harsh. At least the progression rewards up to 1000 looks good. Not sure how reachable the 1200+ stuff will be.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Tops in my bracket right now at 600ish. No good targets to reasonably go up. No point in shielding since getting to this 600 mark is fairly easy.

Running 115 Punisher / 100 Spidey / 100 Mag

Is Chicken Pie on this board? I see him competing against me in all my brackets it seems

All i see are opponents like you.. so painful to get past 600s. I'm using a 102 punisher 85 wolv 85 obw.

Dropped a 24h shield with a bag team in the 506 range to hopefully get sling shot later.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I must have landed the least competitive bracket ever... I am at 2 with 450 and number one is shielded at 465. I actually have a chance of getting an IW cover from this, when my highest 3* is level 28 icon_lol.gif
  • Was around the 700 mark for most of the day without much incident. How I'm getting beaten on mercilessly for 20-30 pts a pop.