Army Of One -- New Event

2456713

Comments

  • I have a feeling that I'm going to be wearing retribution out this weekend.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Shields are back to 50/100/200

    That actually seems like a pretty good compromise. I'm guessing they've figured out a way to nail the Bagman tank teams to prevent people from trivially getting to 2400. I'm guessing it's harder to get to 2400 overall, but the cheaper shields and reinstated 100 HP at 1000 will make people more likely to consider putting extra investment to make a push for 2400. I imagine a lot of people will get to like the mid 1000s pretty easily now and will now actually consider buying more HPs (or at least spending stockpiled HPs) to make a push for 2400. In the last tournaments, there's obviously no way anyone would be tempted to go for 2400 unless you were able to abuse a bagman team (and in that case you never needed to shield anyway).

    Faith restored.
    I dunno, combined with the restored 100 HP at 1k, it could easily just be a mistake copy pasting it
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Shields are back to 50/100/200

    That actually seems like a pretty good compromise. I'm guessing they've figured out a way to nail the Bagman tank teams to prevent people from trivially getting to 2400. I'm guessing it's harder to get to 2400 overall, but the cheaper shields and reinstated 100 HP at 1000 will make people more likely to consider putting extra investment to make a push for 2400. I imagine a lot of people will get to like the mid 1000s pretty easily now and will now actually consider buying more HPs (or at least spending stockpiled HPs) to make a push for 2400. In the last tournaments, there's obviously no way anyone would be tempted to go for 2400 unless you were able to abuse a bagman team (and in that case you never needed to shield anyway).

    Faith restored.
    I dunno, combined with the restored 100 HP at 1k, it could easily just be a mistake copy pasting it

    I'll take what I can get. They won't change it mid tourny.
  • Spoit wrote:

    I dunno, combined with the restored 100 HP at 1k, it could easily just be a mistake copy pasting it

    They got rid of one of the 3 star covers at 1200 so I don't think it's just an accident. I think it's a good tradeoff.
  • This tournament makes me so happy. If I never see another buffed Thor or Ares again it'll be to soon. Plus, I'm molotoving entire teams to oblivion with a retribution mop up.

    Enjoyment level maximum.
  • By the second round there are going to be a LOT of nasty Patch + Molotov teams...
  • wathombe wrote:
    By the second round there are going to be a LOT of nasty Patch + Molotov teams...

    Truth in this statement, although Punisher makes nice strike tiles on his own. I wont be leveling patch much since my xforce is already...too high level...and just waiting to be made useful.

  • I'll take what I can get. They won't change it mid tourny.

    Given that DC is still 100/200/400, it could be they are collecting data with both setups? Just a thought, though if that's the case it might not be the best comparison if demand for Punisher is less than for Patch (which I would expect given there have been more chances to get Punisher covers, but who knows?)
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    _fulu_ wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    By the second round there are going to be a LOT of nasty Patch + Molotov teams...

    Truth in this statement, although Punisher makes nice strike tiles on his own. I wont be leveling patch much since my xforce is already...too high level...and just waiting to be made useful.

    I really want to see what they do with x-force before I invest in patch
  • Misguided wrote:

    I'll take what I can get. They won't change it mid tourny.

    Given that DC is still 100/200/400, it could be they are collecting data with both setups? Just a thought, though if that's the case it might not be the best comparison if demand for Punisher is less than for Patch (which I would expect given there have been more chances to get Punisher covers, but who knows?)

    I'm sure they're adjusting the data based on people's placement. On one hand, they don't want to hand out too many covers like the first incarnation of shields, but on the other hand, if they see that nobody is getting anywhere close to 2400, then they obviously want to fix that. With the recent change that seems to eliminate the bagman tank teams, you'd have to be insane to even think you have a shot at 2400 in the last round, and if you think you've no shot at 2400 you obviously wouldn't be spending any money in trying to get it either. Looking at the new rewards, I think it works out pretty well. I can see spending about 500 HP will give you a good shot at the 4 star cover, so it's a good deal for the player, and it's a good deal for D3 too, especially since you might still fail to get the cover even after spending that much HP.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think I'm going to go with a punisher (85ish)/hulk(90)/spidy(60) team for this tournament. Still debating whether or not to level up patch: I don't think he adds too much to my 3* roster, since I'm set on punisher and hulk. Still debating whether or not to level spidy, I'm guessing that its fine since the nerf isn't for a while, and his low hp is a huge issue right now.
  • Think I'm going to go with a punisher (85ish)/hulk(90)/spidy(60) team for this tournament. Still debating whether or not to level up patch: I don't think he adds too much to my 3* roster, since I'm set on punisher and hulk. Still debating whether or not to level spidy, I'm guessing that its fine since the nerf isn't for a while, and his low hp is a huge issue right now.

    That's the team.I'm running, though my Punisher and hulk are 100+, I've left my spidey at 80 since I never needed his healing to scale higher, and stuns are stuns. Id level him now, but the balance is incoming
  • Deimos12Deimos12 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Just pulled a yellow IW from the full clip 250 progression reward token. Sometimes this game is very generous. Other times not so much icon_lol.gif
  • Are those 2400 possible now that the game gets around tanking teams?
    Personally I think 1100 is near impossible if the last tournament was any indication.
  • Alright, this PVE event has less to do than Hulk/Ares so time to join Army of One.
  • jozier wrote:
    Alright, this PVE event has less to do than Hulk/Ares so time to join Army of One.

    Aaaaand, I'm in your bracket.
  • wathombe wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Alright, this PVE event has less to do than Hulk/Ares so time to join Army of One.

    Aaaaand, I'm in your bracket.

    I don't think I'll do too well. My Punisher is 70 so I might ISO pump him (though I feel like I should save some for Patch...) but I have no idea who to pair with Punisher.
  • jozier wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Alright, this PVE event has less to do than Hulk/Ares so time to join Army of One.

    Aaaaand, I'm in your bracket.

    I don't think I'll do too well. My Punisher is 70 so I might ISO pump him (though I feel like I should save some for Patch...) but I have no idea who to pair with Punisher.

    Mine's only 40, but rising. I was going to use 69 ares / 85 OBW, but Punisher isn't highly enough to claim tiles yet, so I'm just using 69 Wolvie, at least on offense, as a tank.

    I'm about to pass out, though, so I don't think I'll get very far tonight.

    Happy hunting!
  • Boosted Punisher is incredibly fun.
  • jozier wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Alright, this PVE event has less to do than Hulk/Ares so time to join Army of One.

    Aaaaand, I'm in your bracket.

    I don't think I'll do too well. My Punisher is 70 so I might ISO pump him (though I feel like I should save some for Patch...) but I have no idea who to pair with Punisher.
    I think it'll be hard to choose well if you need to level both, since Thick as Thieves gives Patch a stratospheric buff, he's hilariously broken at the moment on top of that, and he'll inevitably be required at some point for a mission that hits 240 on repeats. But you can probably forget a good rating if you don't have a 141 or near it Punisher for Army of One, and most of us presumably still want more Patches.

    Team-wise, OBW's a bit of a no-brainer, since they're fairly clearly pushing Punisher and Patch hard as the replacements for Astonishing Sniktbub, and Espionage works with anyone's strike tiles. Some might still prefer Spider-Man on support if there's a lot of Hulks roaming the halls, though. The third's less obvious. Preferably tanky and can use yellow, I guess, which narrows it to Thor, Ares if you want to focus on target-all and pile out enough strike tiles for Sunder to outdamage Thunder Strike, or IM40 feeding probably redundant red for Retribution and blue for Anti-Gravity Device. Oh, or rely on Punisher's buff for tanking and use that maxed Hood everyone has, because he's funny with **Widow, if not always entirely practical.

    I'm tempted to use **Wolverine just to be facetious, since he's still a better strike tile generator than Frank, though the buff might be enough to offset that. Nice to have a relative squishy buffed, anyway. Chunked through more than enough 10k+ HP pools lately.
Sign In or Register to comment.