Army Of One -- New Event

Options

Comments

• Shielded out near 700 not necessarily to defend my spot because 700 isn't hard to get but hoping it somehow gets me out of the MMR island I'm stuck on. Stuck there with like 6 guys and we are just attacking each other in a circle.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got to about 650, left for half hour to have dinner. Came back to -210. There are some choice words I have for this but I'd be banned for it. Regardless I'm done with this till they make some changes
  • I can't believe I will have to claw up to 800 for a possible win. No wonder they raised the 1000 reward back to 100hp... noone can even reach that.
  • Same story around 500. And hardly any match offered above my current points ever -- over 90% more than 100 pts lower even here. Obviously taking back all the points and more might only get delayed. No progress on the horizon.
  • Yeah, I understand that they are trying to cluster people more in the rankings but having a team of all level 100+ three stars and fully boosting all out only to lose ground is frustrating to say the least.
  • Since people are clearly shielding I guess they simply removed shields teams from list of attackable targets, so reaching high progression reward seems to be out for now.

At least the shields are cheap enough to be used for placement purposes.

Random idea: when they put in the skip tax, they should reinstate the ability to hit shielded teams, but shielded teams can only show up as the first team you get. Obviously, you still wouldn't know if they're shielded or not, but you'd never get a shielded team by skipping, so there would be more incentive to not skip.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Unless something happens in the last 20ish hours, scores are going to be really low for first place. Probably in the 750-800 range. I don't know if I really see this no attacking shields thing sticking around...
  • Sitting at 815 for first right now, and the top 5 has been shielded for the last 6-8 hours. Don't see that changing anytime soon; no-one wants to lose those three Patch covers for a shot at an extra IW. With Patch uber-buffed and needed for many PvE nodes, I don't see a lot of risk-taking going on, and the lower priced shields are enabling. No-one is getting anywhere near 2400. 1000 isn't worth the risk, even. Happy to turtle up for placement rewards.

Between having to rope-a dope with shields here and 240s waiting for me in PvE it's an ISO poor economy out there! I see some heavy lightning round sessions in my future for next week!
  • Sitting at first place with 883 points at the moment..
    Unable to progress further as all the PvP right now is only 1 or 0 point for me..
  • 2400 points for the top end is a joke--it worked for maybe one tourney, when the shields were introduced and everyone was curious. Divine Champions was by far the worst event yet... this Army of One one I hit 750 and was absolutely creamed from all angles... dropped 200 pts in under 5 mins; meanwhile, could not even attack anyone worth more than 15.

What's the point? Matching system is broken even worse than before. 5p-6p circle jerk where everyone loses; only advantage is to whoever shields out first--which only ends up assisting those under you, which means everyone rushes the final hour.

I can appreciate other aspects of the game--lightning round is frustrating but everybody know the gig going in--these events, however, are turning into nothing but cash grabs.

Devs: THERE IS NO POINT TO A GAME WHERE EVEN GRINDERS CANNOT HOLD EVEN TO PROTECT THEIR EFFORTS, AND MOST OF US AREN'T FREAKIN' GRINDERS.
  • They have an awfully hard time balancing between too easy and impossible for the progression rewards. I've been saying for a while that they need to just make all the high end progression stuff way weaker and then use the rules they have when shields were first introduced. Add a check to not switch your team until you beat someone to prevent the blatant bagman tanking (technically doesn't matter if you nerf progression rewards enough, but it was just dumb anyway).

At least shields do work fine for protecting your ranking.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, hit 800 and there's only kitty points (read: tiny) available. Have a good 300 point lead, don't think I'll bother with a shield
  • Tey need to stop thinking about the progression reward too hard.

Seriously, even if they just got rid of the covers and made it a token, the point of the tournament should be the placement rewards and the total points will regulate themselves as people need them to win.
  • I just confirmed that shielding does not 100% remove you from being seen, as I was just attacked twice by the same player, not a retaliation. They probably just made the range of players who can see you incredibly narrow.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even a totally random player matchmaking would be better. At least not active players would be attacking each other...
  • Am I crazy or did the event time change on me? It now seems to end 2 hours later than before.. my clock is correct so that is not an issue.. so am I nuts or what?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I crazy of did the event time change on me? It now seems to end 2 hours later than before.. my clock is correct so that is not an issue.. so am I nuts or what?

No change here.

The pve event is 26hrs, maybe you are talking about that?
  • Out of curiosity I shielded for eight hours. Two attacks in that eight hours. Let it drop for 1.5 hours and got hit eight times. That is some bull. They are hiding people with shields and bringing the non shielded to the front
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Am I crazy of did the event time change on me? It now seems to end 2 hours later than before.. my clock is correct so that is not an issue.. so am I nuts or what?

No change here.

The pve event is 26hrs, maybe you are talking about that?

I say this bc I threw up a 24 hr shield about midnight my time which was nearly 2 hrs excess from event end. I was certain to be covered more than the time remaining and then went to bed. Well it still shows that I have shielded beyond event end time but maybe I was in a trance and actually shielded at 2am in the morning? Doubtful since I was up at 6 am again. Maybe this games craziness is getting to me.

Update: Closed app completely and relaunched and it updated with proper end time. Glad I wasn't going nuts.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Out of curiosity I shielded for eight hours. Two attacks in that eight hours. Let it drop for 1.5 hours and got hit eight times. That is some bull. They are hiding people with shields and bringing the non shielded to the front

Yep. I was getting hit for -40 something for each 2 10- 15 pt match I won and finally just gave in and shielded. 5 to 6 hits in the hour of my run before shielding and since, 1 single hit. I dont even have a tank team in so take it for what you will