Funbalanced

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    The Hood is a nasty character to face, but he has less HP than a 2 * tank (Thor, Ares) so he has to be easier to kill even with his AP stealing ability. The Hood is a pretty good example of a well balanced 3 star character. Dangerous, but not overpowering. In fact I'd say most 3 star characters are actually quite well balanced and it's Thor/Wolverine that are exceptionally strong that throws off this balance.

Loki could use a 3rd power.
    Ragnarok could stand to add a very small damage boost (maybe 150 damage at lvl 115) on top of his green.
    Magneto C needs his blue tweaked.
    Spideys blue needs tweaked.
    Doom hood hulk punisher and BWGS I think are solid as is.

Just my opinion on em all. But yeah you are pretty much right.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    ebodibo wrote:
    Funbalance to see more combinations? All I see is combos of iron Man, Storm and Black Widow. I don't get this funbalance

You'll see different characters when you move past the 1* competition.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    ebodibo wrote:
    Funbalance to see more combinations? All I see is combos of iron Man, Storm and Black Widow. I don't get this funbalance

You'll see different characters when you move past the 1* competition.

He definitely will! Teams of Wolverine** + oBW + either Storm/Ares/whatever they make you take. Not complaining much since Wolverine** and oBW helped me win so many matches at full health.
  • For what it's worth, I'm seeing more variety on the Army of One tournament, and it works out surprisingly well. If you leave out Thor, you have no real durability (OBW/Wolverine/Punisher all die relatively easily to big moves). If you leave out OBW, you're missing a huge chunk of damage and heals. If you leave out Wolverine, your strike tile generation is considerably slower. So people are experimenting with more setups than the usual. I actually thought about rotating some people in depending on the matchup. In the end I settled for Wolverine + OBW for a straightup beatdown and just took my chances, but it's certainly a lot more interesting than the de facto Thor/Wolverine/OBW teams.
  • I know Wolverine makes sense, but I just can't bring myself to stand his Uncommon butt next to the 200% buffed Rare dude who has the same job. It feels like I'm insulting poor Mr Castle, especially considering he got dismembered by the same fellow's cretinous kid. Mostly been hopping between Thor and Ares. Strike-buffed Rampage adds another nice AoE and Sunder can beat Thunder Strike with enough strike tile damage on both hits, but Thor's still generally faster because of the tile spawning.

Going to place miserably unless I really race through my retaliations, and Punisher's still only up to 60. Got heavily distracted by Thick as Thieves, and now that everything's 230 even mook missions there are no speedy undertaking. I guess we need to farm the tournament now for ISO to boost through the PvE, though, which is...new.
  • On offense the vol/obw version seem the best working still, especially without buffs, when getting to 8G may be a problem. The first 1-2 swords issued early make a big difference. Also volverine still picks yellows, so you can throw him in harm's way when enemy thor got ready to shoot. Otherwise he's out of fight so can heal up fine.

On defense he's just a minor annoyance, an occasional claw maybe, safe to leave as last and no problem. Unless you suffer a big cascade with ton of red and green together, when you better flee right on.

I'm swapping vol with ares who is little better on defense. Keep missing the early sword at 3G but he makes up with good use of yellow and the other two abilities fit really well along Franks, doing different things. he can also be thrown as meet shield and if you sit on red even benefits. But likely requires post-party maitainance. I use him in last game before taking a break, so he can heal up while trying best to scare the attackers in vain. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Veracity wrote:
    I know Wolverine makes sense, but I just can't bring myself to stand his Uncommon butt next to the 200% buffed Rare dude who has the same job. It feels like I'm insulting poor Mr Castle, especially considering he got dismembered by the same fellow's cretinous kid.

Thats about how I feel. So, I've been running Punisher/OBW/IM40. Gives me abilities on every color, and the yellow gives me green/red/blue, so I get to use it to setup my finish on teams rather often, including enough to blue to heal up at the end, hopefully getting me into the next match relatively undamaged. Also, means if I stockpile boost, I get use out of every AP given. Leaves me with lots of options and a very quick start.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    I know Wolverine makes sense, but I just can't bring myself to stand his Uncommon butt next to the 200% buffed Rare dude who has the same job. It feels like I'm insulting poor Mr Castle, especially considering he got dismembered by the same fellow's cretinous kid.

Thats about how I feel. So, I've been running Punisher/OBW/IM40. Gives me abilities on every color, and the yellow gives me green/red/blue, so I get to use it to setup my finish on teams rather often, including enough to blue to heal up at the end, hopefully getting me into the next match relatively undamaged. Also, means if I stockpile boost, I get use out of every AP given. Leaves me with lots of options and a very quick start.

I think that's why they made another wolverine that's ranked a star higher. Wolvie with a 2star shouldn't be that strong. Thor(2star) shouldnt be stronger than rag(3star) but his stronger, has much more attack.

Rag needs a third power. His green is completely useless(200dmg for lvl 110?) And red is equally bad(1200) its ridiculous...
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    To have any chance at measuring skills, you can't have way overpowered characters (because everyone can use them), and boosts need to be somehow toned down since there's just nothing fair about starting a fight with 6 AP in 4 colors. As long as these two factors are in, the only thing that matters is speed and whether you can afford shields.
    You keep saying that, but that's the entire point of boosts. You're not intended to actually lose the matches, just be worn down

Are you trying to say it's intended that we start every match with 6 AP in 4 colors because we're not supposed to lose them?
    I'm saying the boosts are there to be used, and if you don't want to use them, you don't have to, but demanding that they be removed is silly

Without boosts, they shouldn't even be nerfing characters with low cost powers.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They nerfed 2* Thorverine to encourage us to move to a 3* meta way back in January 2014. In April 2015 they're nerfing 4* Thorverine to encourage is to move back to the 3* meta.

Someone give Alanis Morissette a call!