Funbalanced

Options
Well, at least they're at least letting the general community know about changes instead of just the forums.

23r7oys.jpg

Comments

• I am going to start whining about every character so everyone gets nerfed... I don't care either way but the more they attempt to "balance" the game, the worse it seems to be getting...
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Blah. They are definitely over used, but I wouldnt say they are completely unbalanced outside of being boosted. Too bad they cant just make others (looking at you bagman!) more feasible.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I was just about to post this.

I agree. This is one of the best ways to let everyone know what is happening. Good job devs. Thor and Wolvie approve. icon_lol.gif
  • I REALLY like that they're doing in-game announcements for these now. Great job dev team!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too bad. They werent so tough... Less fun. Except for enemy variety. And newbies will have a harder job in prologue and in other ways, too
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    I don't care either way but the more they attempt to "balance" the game, the worse it seems to be getting...
    Do people who've been here since day 1 truly believe this? I think the game had ups and downs, but it's certainly better overall.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    I don't care either way but the more they attempt to "balance" the game, the worse it seems to be getting...
    Do people who've been here since day 1 truly believe this? I think the game had ups and downs, but it's certainly better overall.
    I think it's heading in a positive direction. Been playing since 10/11/13. Sure sometimes a change can be annoying and some changes are obviously to help them make more money, but hey it's a business.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Were people really demanding they both be nerfed?! Seems like devs pick and choose who and what to listen to. Random new players demand changes that don't help the overall game. Why not listen to people who have played since day one and are constantly giving feedback about other issues?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:

There are definitely improvements versus the first release: now is better.

The main thing Im concerned with is how far they will take the goal of slowing down game play (including forcing usage of health packs).
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:

The game has come a long way since the start, definitely for the better.
  • Game is way better.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:

It's had ups and downs, but the downs seem to come after major nerfs. Part of this is because people have had the rug pulled out from under them and just need to figure out how to get back on their feet. When they do, they are fine. But this could be less dramatic if the nerfs were closer to rebalances. At least try a middle of the road option and see how it goes. If the character is still overpowered, then take them down a little more. It seems like they are overcorrecting more than rebalancing. The reason people are having a harder time recovering from the Rag nerf is because there are more nerfs to come. It isn't worth trying to stand up when the floor is still shaking. When the list of rebalances is done, you'll probably see a much more dynamic game environment, which is better for everyone. But right now, things are too unstable. I think it is a plus that the devs are communicating these changes though. Even if it means I have another popup I need to dismiss.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:

I'd say it's definitely improving overall as it matures but it sucks when they keep changing characters abilities. Been playing since week 1 release, which makes me a little upset to see characters that I've systematically maxed out become almost worthless.. There's been maybe 1 or 2 updates that actually made certain characters "improved" and more usable, while the rest of the updates have in some way/shape/form made characters dramatically weaker or "nerfed" as they say. That sucks. Don't ask for my time and money only to tell me that what I was building and hoping for is being taken away. Yes the announcement pop-up is helpful... as helpful as seeing The Silver Surfer show up to let us know Galactus is coming... to destroy our world.
  • The game is slightly better, but it's much harder for newbies to gain traction.

Unfortunately, we have a game where the newbies have to compete (for limited resources) with people that have had to much easier to get where they are.
  • It is a necessay step really, but I hope they actually "tune" them as promised, instead of turning them into straight Bagwerine and Bhor. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    I think the weird AI and presence of boosts make for a very bizarre system to try to balance characters around. Remember that the teams you actually play in any PVP matches are controlled by the deliberately inefficient and handicapped AI, and are being played in a way completely different from how any human would play them. If they're balancing characters in response to complaints of people being beaten by certain teams, they're balancing characters around how the AI plays them. That doesn't make sense to me.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kavel wrote:
    I think the weird AI and presence of boosts make for a very bizarre system to try to balance characters around. Remember that the teams you actually play in any PVP matches are controlled by the deliberately inefficient and handicapped AI, and are being played in a way completely different from how any human would play them. If they're balancing characters in response to complaints of people being beaten by certain teams, they're balancing characters around how the AI plays them. That doesn't make sense to me.

I think this is the real culprit here.
  • My two cents= Thorverine made it possible for the middle of the pack to compete without spending loads of hard currency. Now, the separation between the rich/poor and high level/mid-level will be more profound. We want to promote character variety and more strategic options, but neutering characters is nonsense. You spend hard currency to enjoy the game, and your investment is rendered moot. What growth comes from incessant depreciation? The fun is dwindling update after update.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Kavel wrote:

I think this is the real culprit here.

An easy fix would be making opponents untargettable (pvp only), instead rotating based on matches like the active player.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The AI is the AI and is still capable of beating the best of players under the right circumstances. I'd rather them implement a sort of negative boost depending on which characters you assemble, i.e. "Wolverine and Thor don't play nice together. While on the line, team conflict arises causing [something A] to offset [something B]." But don't specifically "change" the character under normal scenarios.