Funbalanced

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bagman should be evolved into another character when ## number matches won with a team inlcuding him icon_e_smile.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    I don't know why people ever focus on Bagman getting a buff. He's got a bag on his head. He's the way he is for a reason - there should be useless joke characters to take up spots.

He's not remotely interesting, nor is Yelena. I don't want to see them buffed because they should be end of the rotation characters at all times.

I respectfully disagree...at least make him fun. Maybe he would be a wildcard so when on the team a random bonus, boost or negative effect occurs but you don't know what until the match starts.. otherwise who really care about a character who just takes up a roster space if he is worthless? It's not like we sit and admire our rosters to appreciate bagman. But just give us some incentive to use him other than to announce we r tanking this round.
  • turul wrote:
    Bagman should be evolved into another character when ## number matches won with a team inlcuding him icon_e_smile.gif
    It should be Future Foundation Spider-man! That'd be pretty sweet.
  • WiseG8 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    The game is slightly better, but it's much harder for newbies to gain traction.

Unfortunately, we have a game where the newbies have to compete (for limited resources) with people that have had to much easier to get where they are.
    Let's be honest. Most of those posting in this forum have 2 or more 3* characters with minimum 40 lvl. When everyone competes, you are all likely to finish in the Top 10 of whatever tournament you wish. For the record, it's not skill that is your advantage over those with characters 2* and 30 lvl. So for those in the middle who do not have 3*, it's extremely hard to gain enough points to get that first 3* cover in tournaments. So in summary, we have a game where the rich gets richer.
    Have you looked at all the 3*s? Most of them aren't very good, either. Punisher's a neat self-contained murder machine (strike AND attack, ooh), but his strike tiles aren't nearly as easy to use as **Wolv's, he's squishy, and he doesn't regenerate. Hulk does nothing for 15 turns then kills himself. Level 40 anything isn't much use past the Prologue, so I'm not sure what it has to do with anything.

I do share your concern the game might be about to become more stratified, but we don't know yet. Ares' introduction hardly suggests the developers want 2* territory to be exclusively the wasteland of paupers gnawing on one another's intestines it is in LRs. But the only competition at the moment revolves around luck and gaming the system. I don't know what else the game can realistically be, though. How do you measure people's relative skill at Bejeweled with knobs on? I don't think there's much of a ceiling there, especially when all that really matters is speed.
  • To have any chance at measuring skills, you can't have way overpowered characters (because everyone can use them), and boosts need to be somehow toned down since there's just nothing fair about starting a fight with 6 AP in 4 colors. As long as these two factors are in, the only thing that matters is speed and whether you can afford shields.
  • jozier wrote:
    I don't know why people ever focus on Bagman getting a buff. He's got a bag on his head. He's the way he is for a reason - there should be useless joke characters to take up spots.

He's not remotely interesting, nor is Yelena. I don't want to see them buffed because they should be end of the rotation characters at all times.

I respectfully disagree...at least make him fun. Maybe he would be a wildcard so when on the team a random bonus, boost or negative effect occurs but you don't know what until the match starts.. otherwise who really care about a character who just takes up a roster space if he is worthless? It's not like we sit and admire our rosters to appreciate bagman. But just give us some incentive to use him other than to announce we r tanking this round.

I think he was thrown in the game to be that one card that is a pain to see when you draw it from a pack. I agree there are plenty of other cards that are a pain to see, but Bagman is the the one that nobody wants (once they learn about him that is).
  • Phantron wrote:
    To have any chance at measuring skills, you can't have way overpowered characters (because everyone can use them), and boosts need to be somehow toned down since there's just nothing fair about starting a fight with 6 AP in 4 colors. As long as these two factors are in, the only thing that matters is speed and whether you can afford shields.
    I think the game would probably be made a fair bit more interesting overnight if boosts were simply disallowed in tournaments and health packs auto-stocked to, I dunno, 12. But some people spend actual money boosting, and here we are again at why freemium games struggle not to end up terrible.
  • KLoganR wrote:
    I think he was thrown in the game to be that one card that is a pain to see when you draw it from a pack. I agree there are plenty of other cards that are a pain to see, but Bagman is the the one that nobody wants (once they learn about him that is).

I think he's there to help newish players deal with all the HAMMER troops, which is the one thing he's actually good at. With a little tweaking, he could be the guy you keep on your team to keep Punisher or Ares or Modern Hawkeye in check.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    To have any chance at measuring skills, you can't have way overpowered characters (because everyone can use them), and boosts need to be somehow toned down since there's just nothing fair about starting a fight with 6 AP in 4 colors. As long as these two factors are in, the only thing that matters is speed and whether you can afford shields.
    I think the game would probably be made a fair bit more interesting overnight if boosts were simply disallowed in tournaments and health packs auto-stocked to, I dunno, 12. But some people spend actual money boosting, and here we are again at why freemium games struggle not to end up terrible.

At least health pack can get relatively prohibitive to buy at 50 HP each. You can just keep on chug down boosts like Diablo 1 style potions in this game while spending no money. I think the boosts should have a cooldown in a PvP tournament, either by time or by matches.
  • Imo, every character should be at the very least usable.

I think Bag-Man has interesting skills, but they are ultimately much too expensive for what they do. Let him be the best at dealing with countdowns with **** damage and **** everything else, but right now, Cap and obw are superior in countdowns and also in other regards (damage, stun, healing, etc.)
  • Veracity wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

If you don't purchase more than 200 iso worth of boosts every 3 battles, you'll be net positive, just from the ISO earnings from battle.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    You keep saying that, but that's the entire point of boosts. You're not intended to actually lose the matches, just be worn down
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    After new push update (1/23/2014 3:00 pm est) I notice that Thor's ability icon is a new hammer. Hopefully it's not made of a soft foam material.
  • Also says launch edition instead of work in progress on front screen
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Madjam wrote:
    Also says launch edition instead of work in progress on front screen

Whoaa, 'Preview Edition' is gone...!
  • Saw Thor's hammer change too. Just hoping the nerf and him and wolverine is "restructuring" and not making the characters useless ala Rag
  • After new push update (1/23/2014 3:00 pm est) I notice that Thor's ability icon is a new hammer. Hopefully it's not made of a soft foam material.

This forum needs a 'Like' button of some sort.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    You keep saying that, but that's the entire point of boosts. You're not intended to actually lose the matches, just be worn down

Are you trying to say it's intended that we start every match with 6 AP in 4 colors because we're not supposed to lose them?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    After new push update (1/23/2014 3:00 pm est) I notice that Thor's ability icon is a new hammer. Hopefully it's not made of a soft foam material.

This forum needs a 'Like' button of some sort.

icon_e_biggrin.gif

^This. LOL! Thanks for the good laugh KillStorm.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    KLoganR wrote:

I think he's there to help newish players deal with all the HAMMER troops, which is the one thing he's actually good at. With a little tweaking, he could be the guy you keep on your team to keep Punisher or Ares or Modern Hawkeye in check.

I have played since the beginning and have kept every cover I received, barring a full 13 covers/character. I have nowhere near enough covers to make Bagman a viable option. You know what I do get? Thor, Storm and Daken covers for my standard recruit. They want to change Thor, but it's only due to the fact that they are freely giving him out on a regular basis. Everyone has the chance to get 13 of his covers. I could have build 4 or 5 maxed cover Thors for my 5 or 6 (total) Bagman covers.