Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options

Comments

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm... my attempted reply seems to have been swallowed someplace.

At the end of January, another developer whose stuff I love (more on that in a moment) said that Apple's average review time (then) was about 8 days. Dunno if it's gone up or down since.

That developer is Handelabra Games, who are bringing a port of the Sentinels of the Multiverse card game to your platform of choice - tablets, Steam for any OS, Apple Mac App store in the works. Sentinels in cardboard form is incredibly fun for people who like comics, and its genius is the made-up universe of comics whose characters populate the game. The app is worth the $10 to check out if your budget has room. (But, I love the card game and am really biased.)
  • Since the first DDQ is likely to require Cyclops maybe they're giving people a bit more time to try to hit the progression in Enemy of the State. Or just being slow.
  • scottee wrote:
    You guys underestimate how slow Apple can be at approving updates. It's certainly possible they submitted it last week.

Potentially the week before that even. Apple doesn't give two tinykitty about a developer's time table, because if you want a successful app, you pretty much have to have is on their app market (and from what I have heard, Google can be just as bad, for likely the same reasons, but I've definitely heard this less consistently about Google).

Valid points, which is, in all likelihood, why major releases and updates aren't announced until a few hours before they go live. It's like driving anywhere with a five year old -- you better be ready for the constant stream of "are we there yet?" That said, it's probably a lose/lose. People gripe because the devs don't announce big changes "timely," but then gripe because they announce things that don't go live immediately.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, Demiurge is located in Boston, which had another snowstorm (according to an NPR show, I think 6 feet of total snowfall across the last month?). Between the holiday and weather, I can see this release taking longer from announcement to going live.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!

eta: Boooooo!!!! BP, the one hero I don't have! LOL.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BP yellow eh?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its up and its hard.

I mean the daily DP quest. get your minds out of the gutter icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage wrote:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its up and its hard.

I mean the daily DP quest. get your minds out of the gutter icon_e_smile.gif

That's what she said.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Taco tokens

1000 HP
    Black Panther
    Luke Cage
    CMags
    Rocket & Groot
    Mohawk Storm
    250 HP
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!

eta: Boooooo!!!! BP, the one hero I don't have! LOL.

Aargh. Same for me. And I'm only two days away from the BP daily reward.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What. The. Hell. Taco Tokens only give 10% at a 3*? EVEN IF you can get one for basically free by playing a single mission, this exposes the deadpool daily for what it really is: a cash grabbing, money making scheme from an evil company that's just out to get us. This is an outrage. I expected these tokens to be at least as good as the heroic tokens, if not twice as good. This game is spiraling downwards, and if Demiurge doesn't fix this, then they're going to lose all of us.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What. The. Hell. Taco Tokens only give 10% at a 3*? EVEN IF you can get one for basically free by playing a single mission, this exposes the deadpool daily for what it really is: a cash grabbing, money making scheme from an evil company that's just out to get us. This is an outrage. I expected these tokens to be at least as good as the heroic tokens, if not twice as good. This game is spiraling downwards, and if Demiurge doesn't fix this, then they're going to lose all of us.

boo hoo. really though top person i have is level 85... to get the 3 star there is 4 waves

Wave one goons that can kill you with one hit
    WAVE two AI 120 to 140
    Who knows what wave 3 and 4 are... Told you it would be hard as hell good luck. At least get free tokens out of it

Hopefully all the suckers sends all their health packs playing this leaving normal PVE a cakewalk icon_e_smile.gif
  • My first Taco Token: Moonstone.

Verily, an auspicious beginning.
  • BP. Not what I was dreaming of, but at this point I'll happily take it!
  • 10% for a 3* OR hero points seems like a good deal to me for a freebie -- and keeping the list short keeps you informed of what this week's heroes are going to be. I don't see an issue yet.
  • DrStrange-616
    Options
    Only 5 3* heroes in the pack. I figured there would be 7. Aren't there supposed to be 7 per week? One a day?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finished the quest.

Got two Taco Tokens.

Cashed them in.

Got two 2 star.png Heroes.

All remains constant in the world of D3.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 5 3* heroes in the pack. I figured there would be 7. Aren't there supposed to be 7 per week? One a day?

It launched on a Wednesday so we lost two characters from this week? Come Monday we will get a fresh 7 probably.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That seems likely. I wonder if the HP rewards will stay in the mix or if they're just placeholders for the two extra spots that would ordinarily have Monday and Tuesday's covers.
  • DrStrange-616
    Options

It launched on a Wednesday so we lost two characters from this week? Come Monday we will get a fresh 7 probably.

Ah, si. Could be.