Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options
Unknown
Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey All,

Miles from Demiurge here to shed some light on an upcoming new feature we’re especially excited about. Introducing Deadpool’s Daily Quest!

Q: What is it?
A: It’s a new story event that runs every day with rotating missions and prizes.

Q: Big deal, what’s so exciting about it?
A: It’s a new way to get 2-Star and 3-Star covers!

We've set up Deadpool’s Daily Quest to provide exciting rewards for players of every level. If you're a 1-Star or 2-Star player, it's a great place to buff up your roster of 2-Stars. And if you're making the transition from 2-Star to 3-Star, or even if you've just got 3-Stars that aren't maxed out, it's a great place to get 3-Star covers. And no matter who you are, it’s a great place to win some extra Iso-8.

Let's talk about how you get 3-Stars, though! There are lots of ways to earn one cover of a 3-Star easily (ok, RELATIVELY easily) but earning 12 more covers of that 3-Star is really hard! We designed this event to help players with that problem.

Every day there's a new string of missions that end in a long Survival mission. Finish that mission and you're guaranteed a 3-Star cover! To unlock it, you need to clear the first mission, which is an Essential Character mission pin. The 3-Star character required in that first mission is the same as the one you win by completing the Survival pin. This way players have a chance to earn more covers for the 3-Stars they already own, while still rewarding players who work hard to earn new 3-Star characters in other events.

We're hard at work on Deadpool’s Daily Quest, but it's coming really soon - maybe as soon as next week! Keep your eyes on the prize and look for the event with the taco logo!

Screenshots:
gQQE1EI.png
http://i.imgur.com/gQQE1EI.png

AzzlYyf.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/AzzlYyf.png

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    inb4 people start to complain about needing a 3* character in order to get 3* characters: at least now that "useless" 1 cover She-Hulk will be enabling you to get more covers as opposed to sitting there doing nothing! Seems like a great addition to the game overall.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So if you don't have the essential character for the day, are you locked out of the daily event entirely, or only the survival node with the 3* reward? It seems like the latter, but you call it "the first mission" and that's a bit confusing.

Also, EXPLAIN THE TACOS.
  • I for one, really appreciate this. Thanks for the info!
  • So if you don't have the essential character for the day, are you locked out of the daily event entirely, or only the survival node with the 3* reward? It seems like the latter, but you call it "the first mission" and that's a bit confusing.

Also, EXPLAIN THE TACOS.

Just the 3* from what I can tell.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This sounds AWESOME!! Will this be like the gauntlet, and solely a single player experience? A completely optional mode that offers good rewards with no player vs player or alliance vs alliance competition is EXACTLY what this game needs, so hopefully this will be a single player mode only.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    So if you don't have the essential character for the day, are you locked out of the daily event entirely, or only the survival node with the 3* reward? It seems like the latter, but you call it "the first mission" and that's a bit confusing.

Also, EXPLAIN THE TACOS.

Sorry for the confusion! It only locks you out of the two missions that will reward the 3* cover. There's still other stuff to play if you don't have the required 3* of the day.

Tacos are self-explanatory.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happy news! But you really shouls consider dropping the essential nodes, or havig a loaner hero there!

Otherwise thanks very much icon_e_smile.gif
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Depending on the specifics of how this is implemented, this could be a HUGE addition to the game.

The best part is it sounds like it will let people complete incomplete 3 star characters.
    I know I have some characters that their specific covers I NEVER get, or are always the "rare" PVP reward (I'm looking at you, icon_mystique.pngpurpleflag.png and icon_daken.pngblackflag.png !).

Wonder if this can eventually be used to address the 3 to 4 star transition if proven successful.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you! This is very exciting news. I am very much looking forward to this. icon_lol.gif
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sweet! Looking forward to it!
  • If this lets me functionally abandon pvp and still get covers, it's the best thing ever to happen to the game.
  • Wow! Just wow. This explains why y'all been too busy to do other things like old character reworks and coming on the forum.

IMO, y'all made the right choice. Keep the new content and game modes coming please icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Very happy with the addition. Love it!

Question - Will it be like the prologue missions where you get a chance at one of the three cover colors or will it be a guaranteed cover of a certain color each day when the character comes up in the rotation? I think most of our preferences would be for the latter so that we don't always have to play if we have the cover being awarded AND we don't get tinykitty'd by a color we don't need that randomly drops in the non-repeatable node.
  • This is a good, must needed change to keep new/transitioning players to get interested instead of always having feeling of lagging behind.

A good way to ISO farm over the weekend was also another must, and believe they are getting two birds with one stone here.

Pls don't disappoint me now d3!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    If this lets me functionally abandon pvp and still get covers, it's the best thing ever to happen to the game.
    Well, you still need the first 3* cover to get into the essential node, so as long as you get at least one cover for new characters from PvE or a lucky pack...yeah, basically. You're good.

All around sounds pretty awesome. Some details scare me a little, like how nasty the scaling is going to be and such, but still pretty awesome. I am hopeful and excited. The game has needed something like this for a long time.
  • Assuming you have no problem beating the nodes, this means as long as whatever 3*s you do have is aligned with a particular day's essential then you'd never have an issue of not having the next needed 3*. Of course whether you can indeed always win or come up with the roster slots is another issue, but even if you only have 1/7th of the 3*s in the game it'd only take about a week before the essential hits someone you have and then you'll be okay (though not sure how such a roster can come up with the HP for all the 3*). I think this will lead to a lot of extra sales on roster slots and that's probably a good thing for D3 and relatively neutral to players.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Phantron, I think you've got it backwards - the essential character is the same character awarded for finishing the quest. So you need to have gotten at least one of the character's covers from PvP, PvE or a token pull in order to beef that character up through this mode. Presumably you can get new characters from taco tokens, but this won't lead to people getting an avalanche of new additions to their rosters.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:

Question - Will it be like the prologue missions where you get a chance at one of the three cover colors or will it be a guaranteed cover of a certain color each day when the character comes up in the rotation? I think most of our preferences would be for the latter so that we don't always have to play if we have the cover being awarded AND we don't get tinykitty'd by a color we don't need that randomly drops in the non-repeatable node.
    The latter. Of course, that also means that Hood could come up one day and you get tinykittied by it being Yellow that day when your Hood is 5/2/3. But that's the exception rather than the rule for the majority of players.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Hey, I'd rather know in advance whether it's worth putting in the effort.

(Also, for the love of all that is small and feline, Hood blue, please.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:

The latter! If the mission says you're getting a Hood Yellow, you're getting a Hood Yellow. We've got all the 3*s on a rotation so the cover you need will definitely come up eventually. Just don't miss it!