Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    If this lets me functionally abandon pvp and still get covers, it's the best thing ever to happen to the game.

I don't see any 4*'s here - PVP sounds like it's still the only real way to advance in that game phase.

I don't get 4*s from pvp as is, so it doesn't really change anything there. Plus, if I'm not trying to be truly competitive in pvp, I don't need 4*s anyway.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Survival mode was great to begin with, so this should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to this. I'm hoping this has no alliance rewards, but I want to check just in case.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm excited
  • When can we expect it to start?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great news all around. Thanks for the update and then continuing to answer questions. Reading thru this thread for the first time has been real informative. Now, hopefully, someone keeps track of the daily covers that have been given out, like yogi_ has with the Daily Resupply, so that we have a reference on the forum, that lets us know if we missed a cover. I will be playing this daily, as there are plenty of 3* covers that I can use. I will probably also use Deadpool in one of the nodes every day, so that I don't forget to build up my Deadpool points for the whales, for the next run of the Gauntlet.
  • So are character covers going to be handed out sequentially, as in 3 days of loki, one for black, one for purple, one for green? And are enemy levels preset, or are the based on roster strength or some other formula?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* is the new 2*.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hoping this is good but other than the recent 8 hr change, this would be horrible to add. Miracle timing perhaps. Otherwise you'd have to choose the regular pve over this or vice versa. Hoping it's good but how hopeful can you be with only 5 health packs in about 3 hours and about 3 or 4 modes to play in, adding simulator?
  • How are the start times going to be decided for the day? Will it just run off the particular device's clock? Just wondering if basically the most advantageous way is to wait around for midnight to strike and get in a few fights.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Midnight, you make me laugh lol.
  • SUPER excited about this. Although that image with him being rank 2 worries me.
  • orbitalint wrote:
    Very happy with the addition. Love it!

Question - Will it be like the prologue missions where you get a chance at one of the three cover colors or will it be a guaranteed cover of a certain color each day when the character comes up in the rotation? I think most of our preferences would be for the latter so that we don't always have to play if we have the cover being awarded AND we don't get tinykitty'd by a color we don't need that randomly drops in the non-repeatable node.

The latter! If the mission says you're getting a Hood Yellow, you're getting a Hood Yellow. We've got all the 3*s on a rotation so the cover you need will definitely come up eventually. Just don't miss it!

Based on the fact that you are at 33 and counting, any chance it could be a player's choice of cover color? Finish the mission and all 3 covers show on the screen for the player to pick from. That would greatly help all the player base.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    SUPER excited about this. Although that image with him being rank 2 worries me.

They did say in the R71 release that Deadpool was in the bathroom. #2 is not out of the question there.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a transitioner with 30ish 3*s, none of which have more than 5 covers and most have 1-2 I AM EXCITE

MUCH EXCITE

To the guy up above complaining about having too many choices of gametypes to play: seriously buddy? That's what you're gonna be upset about today? icon_lol.gif

icon_deadpool.png
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    So are character covers going to be handed out sequentially, as in 3 days of loki, one for black, one for purple, one for green? And are enemy levels preset, or are the based on roster strength or some other formula?
    There's a new set of characters each week for the dailies. Each day, one of those 7 for the week is chosen to be that day's character. Next week, new characters chosen!

Note that the Taco Tokens also draw from that week's characters. So it's also possible to either buy or token your way towards the week's featured characters too.

Enemy level are preset, so players that are transitioning will be able to reach X relatively consistently, while others will be able to reach Y, and top end player will be able to hit Z.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    So are character covers going to be handed out sequentially, as in 3 days of loki, one for black, one for purple, one for green? And are enemy levels preset, or are the based on roster strength or some other formula?
    There's a new set of characters each week for the dailies. Each day, one of those 7 for the week is chosen to be that day's character. Next week, new characters chosen!

Note that the Taco Tokens also draw from that week's characters. So it's also possible to either buy or token your way towards the week's featured characters too.

Enemy level are preset, so players that are transitioning will be able to reach X relatively consistently, while others will be able to reach Y, and top end player will be able to hit Z.

So characters are now going to be "taco vaulted"?
  • IceIX wrote:

So no scaling? Any chance for the same model to go into more PvE events as well?
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

I posted an idea with basically this exact idea (set scaling so players that should be earning these rewards can earn these rewards and those who are not ready for the 3 star transition will probably not be able to earn the 3 star cover), except it was for the 3-4 star transition. That transition still seems really difficult because the main way to do that is to reach 1000 in pvp (forget placing first because you need at least 1000 to place first anyway). Is it possible we will have the chance to earn a 4 star cover by a similar single player gauntlet style completion method in the future? It wouldn't have to be daily, but maybe once a week? And the scaling would be appropriate so that only people in the 3-4 star transition would be earning the cover. That would make the 4 star transition much more realistic.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wonderful news - thanks D3!

I certainly have plenty of under-covered characters, plus a few more B team members I'll be eager to optimize(e.g. 454 Punisher, 544 Daredevil).

Intrigued by that Taco point count on the screenshot - surely not progression rewards on top, or even progression points that accumulate across days...
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    How are the start times going to be decided for the day? Will it just run off the particular device's clock? Just wondering if basically the most advantageous way is to wait around for midnight to strike and get in a few fights.

The event is going to cycle globally at the same time, the current plan is to have this happen at 6AM EST (subject to change) But it really doesn't matter because it's not a competition. There's no leaderboards, no placement rewards, no alliance rewards, no replay times and no points draining. It's just for you to play, by yourself, at your own pace. If you complete the whole event each day, it almost doesn't matter when the refresh time is.