Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All the 3*s? Does that mean a vaulted character can come up in the daily quest?
  • Phantron, I think you've got it backwards - the essential character is the same character awarded for finishing the quest. So you need to have gotten at least one of the character's covers from PvP, PvE or a token pull in order to beef that character up through this mode. Presumably you can get new characters from taco tokens, but this won't lead to people getting an avalanche of new additions to their rosters.

Hmm, you're right. That doesn't seem to help transitoners very much, though the way I have it wouldn't really be all that helpful either because a transitioner sure isn't going to have the HP to put every 3* in the game on his roster which is what will happen under my incorrect assumptions.

I guess they'll probably keep the 3* required on the guys in the seasons rotation?
  • IceIX wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:
    Very happy with the addition. Love it!

Question - Will it be like the prologue missions where you get a chance at one of the three cover colors or will it be a guaranteed cover of a certain color each day when the character comes up in the rotation? I think most of our preferences would be for the latter so that we don't always have to play if we have the cover being awarded AND we don't get tinykitty'd by a color we don't need that randomly drops in the non-repeatable node.
    The latter. Of course, that also means that Hood could come up one day and you get tinykittied by it being Yellow that day when your Hood is 5/2/3. But that's the exception rather than the rule for the majority of players.
    Which begs the next question: will the covers for a given character be rotated? Because if it's Cap's yellow over and over, for example, you're going to have grumpy gamers.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The success of this new mode is really going to depend on how hard the Survival node is. For example, I generally had no problems with the Survival nodes in Enemy of the State due to having a maxed 3* Cap (at the time, my only maxed 3*) and spamming the hell out of Star-Spangled Avenger, so I'm anticipating being able to make out like a bandit with these new ones. However, if the scaling is too harsh (i.e. uses the algorithm currently in play), I can see teams of maxed 2*s getting frustrated as they run up against level 200+ goons and 3*s.

We'll soon see, anyway. It's not helpful to spread gloom and doom before the mode's even been released and we've had a chance to try it out. So thanks Miles and Demiurge for giving us this cool new feature, and I'm looking forward to giving it a try!
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options

All the 3*s. This is the new kind of juice to throw in people's faces.

And yes, covers will be rotated.
  • orbitalint wrote:
    Very happy with the addition. Love it!

Question - Will it be like the prologue missions where you get a chance at one of the three cover colors or will it be a guaranteed cover of a certain color each day when the character comes up in the rotation? I think most of our preferences would be for the latter so that we don't always have to play if we have the cover being awarded AND we don't get tinykitty'd by a color we don't need that randomly drops in the non-repeatable node.

The latter! If the mission says you're getting a Hood Yellow, you're getting a Hood Yellow. We've got all the 3*s on a rotation so the cover you need will definitely come up eventually. Just don't miss it!

Sounds pretty good but with the vast number of 3*, wouldn't it take a very long time for someone to show up just due to the number of characters/covers involved unless there's some emphasis on which those 3*s are? Sure I know you don't want people to max out 3*s easily but if there are eventually 50 3*s, then it could take 5 months for any particular cover you're looking for to show up assuming all characters are equally likely to show up.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hoTQURe.jpg

Day 1: Beast Blue

icon_twisted.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    inb4 people start to complain about needing a 3* character in order to get 3* characters: at least now that "useless" 1 cover She-Hulk will be enabling you to get more covers as opposed to sitting there doing nothing! Seems like a great addition to the game overall.

Like Phantron mentions - this will be a way to justify "needing" to own all the 3*'s, buying roster spots for all of them.
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    If this lets me functionally abandon pvp and still get covers, it's the best thing ever to happen to the game.

I don't see any 4*'s here - PVP sounds like it's still the only real way to advance in that game phase.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options

All the 3*s. This is the new kind of juice to throw in people's faces.

And yes, covers will be rotated.

Fantastic news, thanks guys.

Will this mean vaulting may be going away at a later time, since characters can be obtained through this method constantly?
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    inb4 people start to complain about needing a 3* character in order to get 3* characters: at least now that "useless" 1 cover She-Hulk will be enabling you to get more covers as opposed to sitting there doing nothing! Seems like a great addition to the game overall.

Like Phantron mentions - this will be a way to justify "needing" to own all the 3*'s, buying roster spots for all of them.

That's not necessarily a bad thing if there's eventually some reason to have a 3* beyond just using him when his essential is up.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Hmm, you're right. That doesn't seem to help transitoners very much, though the way I have it wouldn't really be all that helpful either because a transitioner sure isn't going to have the HP to put every 3* in the game on his roster which is what will happen under my incorrect assumptions.

Sooner or later everybody reaches the point in their transition where they have a ton of 3* characters but they're all 1/1/3 or some such underwhelming figure, and the only way to get more is through token luck or PvE grinding. At that point in your transition you need every cover you can get, which makes such players the prime audience for this sort of thing.
  • THANK YOU!!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daily 3* covers!

That's really amazing news! I initially thought that it won't be ONE cover per day, so this really surprised me!

What I'm seeing is that people can choose not to do the daily quests if their characters is cover maxed. The perception of choice is a good thing.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Sooner or later everybody reaches the point in their transition where they have a ton of 3* characters but they're all 1/1/3 or some such underwhelming figure, and the only way to get more is through token luck or PvE grinding. At that point in your transition you need every cover you can get, which makes such players the prime audience for this sort of thing.

I'll be playing it every day for exactly that reason. So many 3*'s has made transitioning very long. Assuming you just T150 a PVE you have two covers in one color, the following PVP you might have a 2/2/0...you have to wait quite a while for another event to get a 4/2/0 or a 2/2/2....but rarely will you even have a 4/4/2 before the character gets vaulted, and extends your time to max-cover it even longer.

This will help. I have posted elsewhere that if you get one 3* cover a day (which you can now!), it will take you over a year to get fully covered - not optimally, just 13 covers for each 3*. This will let folks get a good bulk of their 3*'s covered between this event and other events within a year, which is reasonable I think.

My next question is how scaling will be with this event: I'm hoping it's not crazy hard. It's labeled as "for transitioners", so does it scale based on your level of the featured character, or on your overall roster level, or something else?
  • Every FTP ad-free mobile game has two choices: monetize or die.

I'm more likely to buy the 13th cover for Cage (or anyone else) than I am the 7th. So they need a way to bridge from the pve/pvp awards where I'm at 2/1/3 to a way to get me closer. And by getting all three covers on offer, it solves that pesky 'need to have it to buy it' rule.

I'm a fan. This is good for the health of the game, and good for the players. Well done!
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Daily 3* covers!

That's really amazing news! I initially thought that it won't be ONE cover per day, so this really surprised me!

What I'm seeing is that people can choose not to do the daily quests if their characters is cover maxed. The perception of choice is a good thing.

Or they can choose to do it anyway and get some extra iso (since iso is in such high demand nowadays by players of all levels of experience)
  • Just hit 3 months and I have to say this is the best change I've seen so far.

Daily 3*'s, bringing back survival, not making the colors RNG AND rotating vaulted characters in? Great stuff all around.
  • This is the new kind of juice to throw in people's faces.

For someone who didn't manage to catch the video QA response, this could be a very, let us say ... strange ... thing to read.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    This is the new kind of juice to throw in people's faces.

It's not nice to give people facials! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Might I suggest the covers to start out this awesome event are culled from this list?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23571

icon_e_biggrin.gif