Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options

Comments

• How are the start times going to be decided for the day? Will it just run off the particular device's clock? Just wondering if basically the most advantageous way is to wait around for midnight to strike and get in a few fights.

The event is going to cycle globally at the same time, the current plan is to have this happen at 6AM EST (subject to change) But it really doesn't matter because it's not a competition. There's no leaderboards, no placement rewards, no alliance rewards, no replay times and no points draining. It's just for you to play, by yourself, at your own pace. If you complete the whole event each day, it almost doesn't matter when the refresh time is.

That's what we thought about The Gauntlet and then suddenly there were placement rewards. And the screenshot posted shows a ranking. I know putting in a point structure while taking out the ranking ladder would be pretty hard, but that means the structure exists to put in placement rewards.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are all of the nodes one and done or are they repeatable for extra (lesser) rewards? I ask because the screenshot shows red checks on the nodes that have been cleared.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    Are all of the nodes one and done or are they repeatable for extra (lesser) rewards? I ask because the screenshot shows red checks on the nodes that have been cleared.

They're all one-and-done.
  • Are all of the nodes one and done or are they repeatable for extra (lesser) rewards? I ask because the screenshot shows red checks on the nodes that have been cleared.

So the follow-up question: do the nodes only have a single reward? Because I would hate to hit that one-and-done and come away with 70 ISO rather than a token/cover.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Enemy level are preset, so players that are transitioning will be able to reach X relatively consistently, while others will be able to reach Y, and top end player will be able to hit Z.

I do hope that the preset enemy levels are at a place where a 2* team can realistically win the daily 3* prize. I feel like the worst -and by worst I mean most boring- part of the transition is the long months during which the 2* roster is maxed, but no 3* are covered enough to be viable options in competitive nodes.

But overall, this is spectacular news. I'm approaching the point where I will have to choose whether to sell characters, or buy the HP for more roster slots. Before today, I was leaning towards selling off my under-covered losers to add Cyclops. Now? I'm leaning towards giving D3 $20.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the final survival node is where the quasi-scaling comes into play? That's awesome, it just keeps getting harder until you hit the reward you reasonably should hit based on roster strength and then you get smacked down. Sounds fun, bring it on.

icon_deadpool.png

Edited to say: thank you to Miles & Ice for following the thread and answering additional questions. Forum was starting to get frothy with speculation and you came through with solid info about a seemingly well crafted concept. Good stuff.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In 14 months of drifting in and out of this game, this is by far the best addition I've seen. Great job! People won't be able to pole vault over the transition, but this should provide a steady path through. Just knowing that there's a chance to move forward every day will keep people following the carrot!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    So the final survival node is where the quasi-scaling comes into play? That's awesome, it just keeps getting harder until you hit the reward you reasonably should hit based on roster strength and then you get smacked down. Sounds fun, bring it on.

icon_deadpool.png

Edited to say: thank you to Miles & Ice for following the thread and answering additional questions. Forum was starting to get frothy with speculation and you came through with solid info about a seemingly well crafted concept. Good stuff.

I'll second this thanks - it has been very nice to hear about what is coming before it's here, and answers to questions we have since we don't have hands on yet.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Great news all around. Thanks for the update and then continuing to answer questions. Reading thru this thread for the first time has been real informative. Now, hopefully, someone keeps track of the daily covers that have been given out, like yogi_ has with the Daily Resupply, so that we have a reference on the forum, that lets us know if we missed a cover. I will be playing this daily, as there are plenty of 3* covers that I can use. I will probably also use Deadpool in one of the nodes every day, so that I don't forget to build up my Deadpool points for the whales, for the next run of the Gauntlet.

I'll keep the daily list over in events if no other regular wants to claim it.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for listening to us.

This, in all aspects, is what we've been hoping for. icon_e_smile.gif
  • When do you plan on releasing this? Will we be seeing this Monday or Tuesday?
  • So many great additions to mpq recently d3. Bravo!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thumbs up from me as well - it sounds like a great addition. It would be icing on the cake if there was some new dialog from Deadpool every day during the daily events, even if it was just a line or two (Or even better, a mini-story that builds over the course of the daily events.) Deadpool could say something about each character being rewarded.

If it pans out as it SOUNDS like it is going to pan out, this may be the best addition since adding random 1/2 star rewards to PvP rewards.
  • Can I just say I LOVE the picture of Deadpool playing with his MPQ action figures? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    this sounds good. on your next imcoin.png sale (50% or better only) you can count on a purchase from me
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will continue the love fest and say thank you!

Thanks for daily content!
    Thanks for daily survival nodes!
    Thanks for a new game mode!

Of course, I have almost all the three star characters in MPQ fully covered... But it's cool. Maybe once more people have all those covers there will be more clamoring for reasons to use them.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Than I cant play those epic survival nodes all day every day icon_e_sad.gif

Will the event be true daily or Mon-Fri?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm aroused. Thanks for the new stuff, can't wait!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only downside I see to all this is that the ISO shortage will be even worse. Every day I'll be gaining a 3* cover that increases the maximum level that character can be by 20 and I'll be another 20k+ in ISO-debt.

But it's a problem I'm happy to live with. Especially if there's 20k ISO on offer in each daily quest.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is all quite promising... Going to be annoying if for some reason you can't play on a day where you really need the cover. What a shame it's not like the rewards model where if you miss a day, it just pauses until you play the next one.

Also, I hope the last node to get the cover isn't too too too hard - a dev post earlier has me slightly concerned.

Anyway, overall, this could be very good.