Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What a great event! The low level nodes that require 1 and 2* characters make me feel rewarded for choosing to keep them on my roster. I like survival nodes (even if I don't like She-Hulk showing up and having 26 Green AP to do Reprives with) and will enjoy having one each day. The rewards are surprisingly good (a guaranteed 3* and a couple of tokens with some cool HP thrown into the rewards, plus lots of ISO). All in all, a great job!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's some rounding in there, but every token has an estimated ROI of 13HP, so for me that's like 50 tokens per roster slot (maybe 54, didn't check the next cost).

So if it's 2 tokens per day, that's a roster spot every month or so, on average. I'll take it.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    So if I get this right, it's a few thousand ISO, effectively 2 Heroic tokens, a 3 star cover, and a use for the 1 and 2 star chars I'm keeping around?

I think I like this quite a bit.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fantastic initiative !
    Matches are fun ... Although the last one is a bit tough with the "neverending" waves.
    Tokens, 3 star and ISO are really great rewards.
    Picked up a redflag.pngicon_lukecage.png from the tacos.
    Have 5 yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png but that's ok cos the 2k ISO is terrific !
    Hope this event continues for many a day ....
  • ruinedcause
    Options
    So far, I'm loving this event. The layout, the reward diversity, the brevity, everything really. Did anyone else die of laughter when they saw Devil Dino with his mouth open under that taco in the DDQ screen? icon_lol.gif
  • This daily event is good for everybody, everyone can win there, i see no reason to complain...
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    thanks-digital-calligraphy-md.png
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed the fact that it wasn't that lengthy, and that each node had some unique Deadpool commentary. I hope they change his dialog every now and then on the dialogs for variety.
    I was also happy to see that one one-star was able to take down the one star node! My level 11 Juggernaut, with a couple of decent team-ups, was able to take them down.

The survival node was challenging but fun. What team did you guys take into the fight? I ended up using the slow but reliable Falcon, Spiderman, Lazy Daken. By the end of it I had 2,113 protection from protect tiles.
    This is going to be a great source of ISO as well as 3-star covers. Well done D3!
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was fun and surprisingly doable. I won't take the same team into the last node tomorrow, but I squeaked by without having to use health packs. If the ranking is the number of people who completed it before you, it seems like a surprisingly small number. I'd be interested in hearing what that number is for those playing later in the day. 250 HP and a Luke Cage from my tacos, so I definitely beat the odds today!
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    I took Black Panther, Blade, and OBW. Worked pretty well
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On that first node with the required 1*, do you need 3 of them? Someone said they did MBW solo... did they mean that was the only leveled 1* or you can play it with only 1 character?

Bummed I don't have any roster space for one 1*, definitely don't have room for 3. icon_e_sad.gif

But the fact that I can use them daily is really making me anxious to open up 3 spots to get them back... but I need to buy 3 roster spots because I don't want to give up any of my partially covered 3 and 4 star.png guys.

I may have to dump Starlord for Juggs, lol.
  • Thumbs up all the way. It will keep the game fresh and give everyone that hasn't maxed out their characters a chance to do so.

My first 3* cover is a yellow Black Panther but I already have him at 4/4/5 and I'm wondering if I should respec and go 5/3/5??? icon_e_confused.gif

So are the reward tokens all going to be random or is there a way to know which taco event to enter to get that missing cover we need?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You can play any fight with a single character if you only have one eligible person on your roster. (Usually this only applies in fights with extreme roster restrictions, but in theory you could sell off your entire list of characters except for one and still be able to play the game.) My only 1* is a Juggernaut I keep around for Balance of Power, so I boosted him to level 15 and headbutted the 1* fight until it died.

Edit: Definitely go 5/3/5! Battleplan is great, Defense Grid kind of sucks.

Edit 2: Tacos are set at the beginning of every week, according to the earlier D3 posts in this topic. So if you don't like the list of 3*s on offer this week, wait until next monday and see if that's a better bet.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    warksnarts wrote:
    That seems likely. I wonder if the HP rewards will stay in the mix or if they're just placeholders for the two extra spots that would ordinarily have Monday and Tuesday's covers.
    That would be nice!

or maybe its a monday through friday event and we missed the first two days. i hope not. i would love to see this a 7 day a week event.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    On that first node with the required 1*, do you need 3 of them? Someone said they did MBW solo... did they mean that was the only leveled 1* or you can play it with only 1 character?
    Bummed I don't have any roster space for one 1*, definitely don't have room for 3. icon_e_sad.gif
    But the fact that I can use them daily is really making me anxious to open up 3 spots to get them back... but I need to buy 3 roster spots because I don't want to give up any of my partially covered 3 and 4 star.png guys.
    I may have to dump Starlord for Juggs, lol.

Yes, I can confirm that you can play the * node with only one one-star. I only lave a level 11 Juggernaut, and that was enough to defeat the node! I brought in a couple of good team-ups and headbutted my way to happiness.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

I'd sent most of my 1 stars out as teamups, but was able to beat it with a maxxed 1 star iron man, and level 20 juggs. It let me play with only 2 characters.
  • Best change ever!

I know, being able to respec was better, but I am on Day 348 and I don't remember a time when you couldn't respect, so forget your old, tired walked uphill in the snow both ways story. This is the new best change ever.

Congrats D3. Job well done!
  • You can play any fight with a single character if you only have one eligible person on your roster. (Usually this only applies in fights with extreme roster restrictions, but in theory you could sell off your entire list of characters except for one and still be able to play the game.) My only 1* is a Juggernaut I keep around for Balance of Power, so I boosted him to level 15 and headbutted the 1* fight until it died.

Edit: Definitely go 5/3/5! Battleplan is great, Defense Grid kind of sucks.

Edit 2: Tacos are set at the beginning of every week, according to the earlier D3 posts in this topic. So if you don't like the list of 3*s on offer this week, wait until next monday and see if that's a better bet.

So do I take it that the taco covers are just as random as any other gold token or is there a higher probability compared to other tokens that you'll get something special?

I upgraded to 5/3/5 on Panther icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taco tokens have the same low odds of giving you a 3* character as the regular event tokens and heroic tokens do, but the odds of each individual 3* are much much higher because there are so few of them in the pool. So with a heroic token you have a .7% chance of getting Rocket & Groot, but here it's a whopping(?) 2%.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like this event a lot. It gives me a reason to pull out my 1* and 2* characters, which is good. It's not too long, but gives me something that's not competitive that I can just come and play (or not play) whenever without worrying about refreshes, scaling, shields, cooldowns, or anything. Thank you!