Coming Soon: Deadpool's Daily Quest!

Options

Comments

• Dear Demiurge.

Deadpool's Daily Quest is the best thing to happen to MPQ in a long time! Only five nodes, guaranteed 3* cover (if you have the essential character), 2 taco tokens with a 10% chance of a 3* cover and the possibility of earning HP, and a lot of ISO to earn. Great job, have a cookie!

However, I feel I should warn you: if you nerf the rewards two weeks/a month from now like you sometimes do, I will use the particular set of skills I do not have, I will find you and I will take back my cookie.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Going to the Story tab and seeing DDQ was like walking into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Awesome, awesome, awesome, I love it.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm on iOS in the UK and don't see the R71 update in the App Store. Any word on when we'll get it? I do need a Black Panther yellow, so it would suck to miss it because the update isn't out...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    I'm on iOS in the UK and don't see the R71 update in the App Store. Any word on when we'll get it? I do need a Black Panther yellow, so it would suck to miss it because the update isn't out...

You don't need the patch (it is not out).
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You're right, the event literally popped up after I made my last post... icon_e_smile.gif I guess for some reason I hadn't gotten the latest OTA data update.
  • got black panter yellowy cover, does anyone got the same, or are they random?
  • Hi !

Yes got Black Paner too.

Thanks a lot for this new very cool event !

But stupid question : This daily Event will be open each days ????? icon_e_confused.gif

Thanks again
  • smecher
    smecher Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    got black panter yellowy cover, does anyone got the same, or are they random?

It's not random, everyone gets the same
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, D3/Demiurge do a LOT of really frustrating and stupid moves. Deadpools Daily Quest, is definitely not one of them! Great job!

Seriously, it's damn near perfect IMO. Interesting design with the 1*, 2* only levels, great rewards without a ton of time investment, and a REAL help to transitioning players with both ISO infusion and easier path to 3* covers.

Also, I'm quite flattered you guys decided to name the tokens after the best alliance in MPQ! icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So looks like primary colors to start, so Grocket yellow, Cage yellow, and Storm Green to start, in some order. I'm curious if they'll cycle through each color for these 5, or switch up the packs in 4 days.
  • So looks like primary colors to start, so Grocket yellow, Cage yellow, and Storm Green to start, in some order. I'm curious if they'll cycle through each color for these 5, or switch up the packs in 4 days.

Or it's all yellow since they share that color.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ecir2002 wrote:
    So looks like primary colors to start, so Grocket yellow, Cage yellow, and Storm Green to start, in some order. I'm curious if they'll cycle through each color for these 5, or switch up the packs in 4 days.

Or it's all yellow since they share that color.

The regular daily rewards follow the same pattern (only primaries for 3*), so I'm guessing same mechanic. Think it's just an odd coincidence that they took 4 guys with primary yellows.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope that is the case for now, my R&G is at 0/4/5. icon_e_smile.gif
  • So, I was talking to some alliance mates and realized that, of the characters with boosted values this DDQ series, all 5 of them have a yellow cover.

We've already gotten the yellow cover for Black Panther and Cmags.

So does that mean we're getting a Yellow Rocket and Groot, Yellow Luke Cage and Yellow Mohawk Storm cover in the next three days, then it will reset to 7 boosted characters on Monday?
  • WilsonFisk wrote:
    So, D3/Demiurge do a LOT of really frustrating and stupid moves. Deadpools Daily Quest, is definitely not one of them! Great job!

Seriously, it's damn near perfect IMO. Interesting design with the 1*, 2* only levels, great rewards without a ton of time investment, and a REAL help to transitioning players with both ISO infusion and easier path to 3* covers.

Also, I'm quite flattered you guys decided to name the tokens after the best alliance in MPQ! icon_lol.gif

Well they were running out of names, you know, with S.H.I.E.L.D already used for every pvp . . icon_e_smile.gif

Great job on the daily pve though, it's basically exactly what most people wanted - small piece-meal pve with a reasonable time commitment and no sense of loss or having to give up your family if you miss a day or 2.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I want to emphasize that I'm really enjoying the gameplay of the daily quests, but I hope the covers aren't going through a rotation of every primary cover, then every secondary, etc. Both because all the other non-competitive 3* covers handed out have been primaries (daily rewards, Hulk's green in The Hulk, etc) and because it's just less fun to have a set pattern. Opening up the daily quest to see what the cover of the day is is like getting a present, and presents are even better when the gift is a surprise.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only 5 3* heroes in the pack. I figured there would be 7. Aren't there supposed to be 7 per week? One a day?

It launched on a Wednesday so we lost two characters from this week? Come Monday we will get a fresh 7 probably.

Characters in the packs will rotate every 5 days. The information earlier in the thread about there being 7 characters in a batch was based on an in-development draft of the event. We added three more days worth of missions and split them into two 5-day sets so that Saturday's missions weren't the same every time Saturday rolled around.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only 5 3* heroes in the pack. I figured there would be 7. Aren't there supposed to be 7 per week? One a day?

It launched on a Wednesday so we lost two characters from this week? Come Monday we will get a fresh 7 probably.

Characters in the packs will rotate every 5 days. The information earlier in the thread about there being 7 characters in a batch was based on an in-development draft of the event. We added three more days worth of missions and split them into two 5-day sets so that Saturday's missions weren't the same every time Saturday rolled around.

Thanks for the updated info! Great to see the continued increased communication on changes that happen.
  • Congrats on a job well done. Deadpool and his Tacos are awesome.

Sadly, I don't have any 1* characters so I can't enjoy the 2k ISO, but it is a interesting way of getting people to still make use out of their beginner characters, other than the occasional Combined Arms PVP.
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoy
    FOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    DDQ is awesome. Great job! That is all.