Divine Champions

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    My goodness!!

I've only seen one team that didn't have a max'd Thor. The name of the tourney seems to be take out Thor before he can smite thee.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    My goodness!!

I've only seen one team that didn't have a max'd Thor. The name of the tourney seems to be take out Thor before he can smite thee.
    Technically, this tourney is actually "Thor's Farewell Tour".
  • bahamut685 wrote:
    My goodness!!

*presses like button*
  • Just to clarify is this tourney repeated back to back or just a one off?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    It does say Round 1, so I'd assume a back-to-back.
  • bahamut685 wrote:

I doubt Thor will be nerfed. Yeah, he's going to be changed but whether it's a nerf or not will probably be debatable. Compare Thor with Ares. Although some may find it debatable, Ares is better than Thor right now.
  • I'm #2 in my bracket with 935 points. I'm shielded. I don't normally go out of my way to pop in a low level team but I wanted to see what would happen.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I doubt Thor will be nerfed. Yeah, he's going to be changed but whether it's a nerf or not will probably be debatable..

If he won't be nerfed, the implication would be, that he'll be buffed, and I can't imagine this happening.
    I think I'll sit this tournament out. No good rewards for me and I don't wanna fight 3 buffed chars all the time.
  • If he won't be nerfed, the implication would be, that he'll be buffed, and I can't imagine this happening.
    I think I'll sit this tournament out. No good rewards for me and I don't wanna fight 3 buffed chars all the time.

Why not just play for fun? Remember what "fun" was like, guys and gals? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Oversoul wrote:
    If he won't be nerfed, the implication would be, that he'll be buffed, and I can't imagine this happening.

Why not just play for fun? Remember what "fun" was like, guys and gals? icon_e_wink.gif
    Hard to play for fun when your chances of winning most matches are slim. The highest level of the buff characters I have is a 67 Ares. Everything else is much lower. The chances of me beating a team of 3 buff characters in one go in slim, and I don't want to spend 30 minutes skipping in order to play one match. Since I've done everything in Prologue and Shield Training, I have nothing to do in this game until LR or the next event starts.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugpop wrote:
    I doubt Thor will be nerfed. Yeah, he's going to be changed but whether it's a nerf or not will probably be debatable..

With the rag nerf in mind, there's no doubt the tile generation is going down and the AP is going up, full stop. That said, his damage is already not that far removed from moves that cost more AP, so I can't see them boosting it any significant amounts. And even if they do nudge the damage up, the loss of utility/spamability will make it amount to a nerf.

I expect the red to go up to 9, with 4 tiles generated max (scaling up from whatever), and the yellow to either go to 15, or have a drastic damage cut (and also 4 tiles maxed)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    But yeah poor rags. Even at max level, ares and Thor take the tiles from him, and his red actually does less damage than Thor with one less tile
  • Oversoul wrote:

As I stated, almost every team consists of 3 buffed chars, so it is no fun, at least for me (ignoring the fact, that I could beat em). I'll do a couple of matches, but I'm not aiming for any rewards, neither progression nor final.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    How does retaliation work here? The game forces me to retaliate against some random Thor, Wolvie and Ares team in the Loki department? That's kinda off. I like retaliating (how dare *you* attack ME?!), but I don't like being forced to use my 3/3 lvl 25 Loki for obvious defense aswell as offense reasons.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I'm #2 in my bracket with 935 points. I'm shielded. I don't normally go out of my way to pop in a low level team but I wanted to see what would happen.

You saved me^^

Was trying to reach 1200 points but all my targets were between 10 and 20 points and one guy was repeatedly attacking me for -4x when suddenly your bagman team showed up. Managed to kill it 3 or 4 times before the other guy hit me again so I was finally able to progress icon_e_smile.gif

Then your team vanished out of my target circle and the only opponents I could find were all only 0 points worth icon_eek.gif

That was very strange. First time that I got only 0 point targets no matter how much I pressed skip.
    Usually there are at least some 5 to 10 point targets in between, but not this time.

Had to call it a night and put a shield up - just logged in and saw that I got attacked a lot over night but got a +18 out of it thanks to being shielded and one attacker losing.

So, thanks for the save, bugpop icon_e_smile.gif
  • Storm blacks punch a lot while she is boosted (especially with wolvie/punisher strike tiles added) 13 per all those tiles + strike, you can easily get 800/ 1k free damage per turn with her (even stunned)
  • Yeah this tournament in a no go for me. I haven't had a chance to build up high levels on any of the boosted characters except storm, but she's rather fragile so yeah...
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I have been using maxed out Thor/Ares/OBW team with great success so far. Thor is given how absurd his red and yellow moves are when boosted. Ares has an amazing finisher with green and is generally annoying to play against. OBW is there to heal and steal ap so opposing powerful moves do not go off.
  • Just adding my voice to the chorus; if there had been a skip tax on this PvP event it would have been completely unplayable. As it is, its just a gruelling slog through players, trying to find one without a max level Thor (so few, oh so few) and then doing my best to win that match with only a level 52 Ares on hand as a buffed character.

Sadly, since I'm one of those match ups without a max level Thor, everyone and their dog is whaling on me, so my hopes of even reaching 300 points for the recruit token are slim to none.
  • Jamil wrote:
    So, thanks for the save, bugpop
    I'm now just a bit over 1200 and shielded. I put in a slightly easier team. I have level 6 OBW and level 10 Magneto with level 15 Thor. (I had level 15 C.Storm, Thor, and Ares)
    Delrusant wrote:
    Storm blacks punch a lot while she is boosted (especially with wolvie/punisher strike tiles added) 13 per all those tiles + strike, you can easily get 800/ 1k free damage per turn with her (even stunned)
    I barely scraped by an encounter with a team with mid-level Ares, OBW and level 50 M.Storm. I got rid of Ares but I was stuck in a vicious cycle of Aggressive Recon, Lighting Strike, Hailstorm, Mistress of the Elements, Thorned rose. My team of Level 85 Ares, Thor, and OBW barely made it out alive. They all had less than 500 HP. I'm amazed I wasn't beat.
    Yeah this tournament in a no go for me. I haven't had a chance to build up high levels on any of the boosted characters except storm, but she's rather fragile so yeah...
    While she doesn't have a lot of HP, she sure can inflict a lot of pain.
    Lady A wrote:
    Just adding my voice to the chorus; if there had been a skip tax on this PvP event it would have been completely unplayable. As it is, its just a gruelling slog through players, trying to find one without a max level Thor (so few, oh so few) and then doing my best to win that match with only a level 52 Ares on hand as a buffed character.
    I was able to get to 900 just fine without skipping anyone. Mostly 10-20 points each. I was just having fun. I didn't use boosts at all. I doubt I was in an easy bracket. Very few players had more than 20 points. I think my opponents didn't want to retaliate because of my team. Anyway I am shielded at 1200+. I already mentioned my lineup.