Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    Early thoughts: Due to the boosted characters in question, this tournament will be more "fun" in one sense than Ares. Because Spidey is definitely not part of the meta in this one.

Dunno, I'm not running Spidey right now as I try to figure out who I want to main with, but I can't imagine any kind of non lightning round event where there isn't a place for stunlocks and heals in the meta. Especially when you can quickly KO one or two of your opponent's team, making it much easier to keep the stun on a heavy hitter before they unload. A similar strategy to the 240 villian fights in PvE would do just fine here, especially since healing will be important down the stretch.
  • jozier wrote:
    Early thoughts: Due to the boosted characters in question, this tournament will be more "fun" in one sense than Ares. Because Spidey is definitely not part of the meta in this one.

Dunno, I'm not running Spidey right now as I try to figure out who I want to main with, but I can't imagine any kind of non lightning round event where there isn't a place for stunlocks and heals in the meta. Especially when you can quickly KO one or two of your opponent's team, making it much easier to keep the stun on a heavy hitter before they unload. A similar strategy to the 240 villian fights in PvE would do just fine here, especially since healing will be important down the stretch.

Possibly. But Spidey is fairly squishy in this tournament. Maybe if you use boosts and get good board control you'll be fine but I'm not feeling like risking Spidey out there right now.
  • jozier wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Possibly. But Spidey is fairly squishy in this tournament. Maybe if you use boosts and get good board control you'll be fine but I'm not feeling like risking Spidey out there right now.

Yeah, he's alot squishier, so much less important. He was bigger in the Rage/Ruin because Ares was the only one you really had to worry about one-shotting you. Will probably just rotate him in for heals.
  • I don't need anything except Wolvie (and Loki from progression).
    Not sure if I should tank and save HP or try hard... depends on bracket I guess.
    Either way... I'm up all night to get Loki icon_cool.gif

tumblr_mw3pi2s1wj1rq17ouo1_500.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Storms stun is probably a better choice now icon_e_smile.gif
  • I've been doing solid with a Thor/Ares/Spidey team. Focus on Jungle games for the environmental power, and just keep an eye on the AP of the opposing team so that Ares and Thor take any big hits before I can start maintaining stunlock. Once I stockpile 8-10 blue, it's game over. Meanwhile, Thor's Red and Yellow and Ares' Red and Green provide solid offense for any situation.

The only negative is potential misfires of Spidey's yellow on defense.

I feel better about Spidey than Storm. She's way too easy for Ares and Thor to kill, and Spidey also brings healing to allow me to save health packs.
  • In the Ares tournament the only move you've to watch out for was Onslaught for Spiderman and Ares helps put away the other two guys who aren't Ares quickly so you can stun lock. In this tournament it's likely all 3 opponents are boosted, and all will possess strong moves with plenty of endurance. If you want someone to stun, Classic Storm would seem like a better choice.
  • I would like to combine storms blue/yellow, ares red and thors green. To do some high damage to all enemies.
  • Well, since things are slow I decided to go for the Devine Champions token at 300. No retaliations at all and things went relatively well. I get the token hoping for anything other than Yellow Thor (the only of his colors that is maxed) and Ares (also maxed). Guess what I got. Yep, you guessed right. Yellow Thor. I hate these recruit tokens. Standard tokens haven't given anything decent in a long, long, looooong time, and now even Heroic and special, like Divine, fail me consistently.
  • Well, I was #1, a few hours ago, and after MULTIPLE RETALIATIONS, as in 274 points lost, I only went down to #7.
  • There's lot of variety in teams. I'm interchanging with all 6 boosted players as well as spidey , hulk, DD and mags and doing well.
  • Anyone mind listing which stages belong to which characters?
  • Anyone mind listing which stages belong to which characters?
    Ares-Tech, ModStorm-Mountain, Thorest, Classic Storm-City, Ragna-Desert, and Loki-City.
  • There's lot of variety in teams. I'm interchanging with all 6 boosted players as well as spidey , hulk, DD and mags and doing well.
    Doom resents your insolent abbreviation of his proper title! And Daredevil probably resents it as well.
  • Hmm, my Punisher is at 3/4/3, so i could definitely use another 2 of those. But my OBW has been sitting at 3/4/5 forever and i _really_ want that 5th blue cover. Decisions, decisions.
  • My punisher is complete, so I'll skip this one.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Guess I'll use this tournament as a chance to get my final OBW black cover. The rewards are screwed up, so I'll need to make sure to place 76th and not 75th. icon_rolleyes.gif
    It's not the easiest thing to manipulate with how clustered everyone is away from the top 10, but aim for the middle of the tier you want, not the top. Don't forget your rank can go up as well as down from other people's scores shuffling about. I made the same error once and was briefly in line for 3* booby prize instead of 3x2*.

Did you do alright in Ares 2? Saw you spanking my sorry-**** Hulk around the closing minutes. Unless I had Widow in by then, I forget.

I do still need Punishers (and I want 5/5/3, stuff his red), but I kinda want OBW blacks more, honestly. Already dumped 500HP on her, and would rather not use another 1000. So I guess I'll see you around rank 80.

I ended up in 2nd. Was about 50 points away from first, but I probably made my push too late, and retaliations started to batter me like crazy in the last hour. But yeah, with a complete Punisher, there isn't much for me to gain from this tournament. Too bad, because I really want a reason to grind.
  • PhantomFO wrote:
    There's lot of variety in teams. I'm interchanging with all 6 boosted players as well as spidey , hulk, DD and mags and doing well.
    Doom resents your insolent abbreviation of his proper title! And Daredevil probably resents it as well.
    Yea, he didn't go to 4 years of evil medical school to be called "DD"
  • PhantomFO wrote:
    There's lot of variety in teams. I'm interchanging with all 6 boosted players as well as spidey , hulk, DD and mags and doing well.

Victor von Doom, DDS.

How do you think he got that fantastic grill?
  • PhantomFO wrote:

Dr. Doom's profile says he didn't actually earn his doctorate.