Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• Man, they really want us to use Ares, huh?

OBW not black at highest tier is probably a mistake, again. Wonder if it's a *Widow again?

And progression awards slaughtered again? This is approaching the point shielding without paying won't be at all sustainable, although if the plan is for a parallel ISO/HP fountain PvE event to be running most of the time, that'd make a difference. They could just charge an entry fee for tournaments - people would scream, but it'd kinda be more honest. Never happen, because it'd deter just grabbing some progression awards then ditching. Can't decide whether I think Demiurge are all on the same page with this, or there's a besuited beancounter somewhere who sincerely believes 4* covers are worth $15-20 a pop, not just the game's Monopoly money, and is having conniptions over how many they've been handing out lately.

Also, quick recap. No Holds Barred: it's the Thorverine show! Avengers: it's the Thorverine show! Widowmaker: it's the Thorverine show, guest starring buffhealing OBW! Divine Champions: roll on minute cat Feral Claws nerf, I beg you. Really puts it in perspective that unbuffed Feral Claws was capable of more damage per green AP in Rage and Ruin than triple-buffed Onslaught.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Loki and patch is too costly to setup, insanely overpower if it even happen on a defence team.
    9 green + 11 black? Not really when green and black are paired as a boost. Hulk's smash needs about 15 green + 14 red to be good.
  • I'm sure people can come up with interesting combos with Loki, but you're not going to be able to compete just a plain old Thor until he's nerfed. I checked his stats and he's going to be Thunder Striking for 4K and so on. Classic Storm will be pumping out 3K Wind Storms. Ares is not as insane as before but Sunder will still drop most characters in one hit from just the first part attack. Remember characters like Wolverine (Patch) won't be buffed and thus will have a hard time withstanding the souped damage the featured characters are doing.

It just seems to be backwards that certain arena force you to use a relatively weak character but you still have to fight the usual powerhouse characters there. There should be some kind of bonus to use a character that is neglected.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like someone said, if they're following a similar timeline, thor is probably going to be nerfed in the middle of these tournaments. If the past pattern holds, on the last day of one of them
  • Phantron wrote:
    I'm sure people can come up with interesting combos with Loki, but you're not going to be able to compete just a plain old Thor until he's nerfed. I checked his stats and he's going to be Thunder Striking for 4K and so on. Classic Storm will be pumping out 3K Wind Storms. Ares is not as insane as before but Sunder will still drop most characters in one hit from just the first part attack. Remember characters like Wolverine (Patch) won't be buffed and thus will have a hard time withstanding the souped damage the featured characters are doing.

It just seems to be backwards that certain arena force you to use a relatively weak character but you still have to fight the usual powerhouse characters there. There should be some kind of bonus to use a character that is neglected.

AI Thor got a streak off on me. Red-yellow-green
    Devastating is the only word I could use. Barely anything left on my dude if the board.

Ares green is also gonna wipe out basically anything.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Whats the point of having separate arenas if you can use any buffed character in any arena? Or am i missing something?

*A little off topic but what happens to an unused special token after an event ends and that cover pack leaves the store?
  • Thanos wrote:
    Whats the point of having separate arenas if you can use any buffed character in any arena? Or am i missing something?

If you're in say Loki's Arena one of your character must be Loki.
  • Also, anyone starting early, have they patched Skip Tax in yet? Looking forward to the meltdown when that goes live.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Also, anyone starting early, have they patched Skip Tax in yet? Looking forward to the meltdown when that goes live.

I have my Stephen Colbert Popcorn GIF ready to go as soon as it's patched in.
  • I have no idea how to play this event. I'm using Thor and Ares, I just got a level 6 Storm as well. I'll go to fight someone and it will tell me to use Rags or another one says I have to use Storm while another says I can use whoever.

So what gives?
  • Thor, Ares , Classic Storm should be a major annoyance for others to beat. I dub this tourney "Divine HealthPack Depletion Mode"
  • Emotive wrote:
    I have no idea how to play this event. I'm using Thor and Ares, I just got a level 6 Storm as well. I'll go to fight someone and it will tell me to use Rags or another one says I have to use Storm while another says I can use whoever.

So what gives?

Look at the screen , there is a slot for each character labelled, very small or by their photo.
  • Thanks for the edit, Unity! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Thanos wrote:

*A little off topic but what happens to an unused special token after an event ends and that cover pack leaves the store?

It just turns into a Heroic. I found out the hard way...
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    Emotive wrote:
    I have no idea how to play this event. I'm using Thor and Ares, I just got a level 6 Storm as well. I'll go to fight someone and it will tell me to use Rags or another one says I have to use Storm while another says I can use whoever.

So what gives?

Look at the screen , there is a slot for each character labelled, very small or by their photo.
    Awesome thanks, I thought that was just part of the artwork haha
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oversoul wrote:
    Thanks for the edit, Unity! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Thanos wrote:

It just turns into a Heroic. I found out the hard way...
    Wait, since when? They used to disappear
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    Thor, Ares , Classic Storm should be a major annoyance for others to beat. I dub this tourney "Divine HealthPack Depletion Mode"

If you have those 3 characters, they should do a combo at the beginning of every match that instantly kills any nonboosted characters, since that's going to be what happens to them in about 3 turns anyway.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Wait, since when? They used to disappear

I think I was doing Double Shot super late and forgot to use the special token.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Like someone said, if they're following a similar timeline, thor is probably going to be nerfed in the middle of these tournaments. If the past pattern holds, on the last day of one of them

This is very likely and I am expecting soon. Currently the devs are basically saying, "Look how good our character design is. A two star (Thor) is way better than a three star (Rag).
  • Lol at one last F U in the form of the hp nerf at 1000. I mean really? Kinda sad honestly. Who must have messed up the code to make these last sub events from the hunt give 500 hp is what I wanna know....because we are friends now.

I heard that he has been fired
  • Buffed Thor + Storm just like in the good old times.... icon_e_smile.gif