Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    The only cover I could actually use is the green IW (don't have one yet)

Probably sitting this one out.
  • Meh, more Punisher covers. Guess I will be aiming for the red Wolvie cover, don't have a 4* Wolvie yet.
  • They put 50 AP at 1000 instead of 100? It's just sooooo pathetic really icon_e_sad.gif
  • Celerity wrote:
    Guess I'll use this tournament as a chance to get my final OBW black cover. The rewards are screwed up, so I'll need to make sure to place 76th and not 75th. icon_rolleyes.gif
    It's not the easiest thing to manipulate with how clustered everyone is away from the top 10, but aim for the middle of the tier you want, not the top. Don't forget your rank can go up as well as down from other people's scores shuffling about. I made the same error once and was briefly in line for 3* booby prize instead of 3x2*.

Did you do alright in Ares 2? Saw you spanking my sorry-**** Hulk around the closing minutes. Unless I had Widow in by then, I forget.

I do still need Punishers (and I want 5/5/3, stuff his red), but I kinda want OBW blacks more, honestly. Already dumped 500HP on her, and would rather not use another 1000. So I guess I'll see you around rank 80.
  • Guess i'll be sitting this one out aswell. Only got a couple maxed heroes and they get slaughtered pretty fast considering every team has almost 3 max characters.

This game, is just ridiculious. This event is way too much for people who only have a couple maxed out heroes. Those who were able to live off Ragnarok are doing great, but those who didnt are screwed.

And getting screwed more and more everyday, considering the only maxed characters I have, are about to be nerfed.
  • The strongest team in this tournament is likely a 85 C Storm + Thor + Ares, and in terms of difficulty to acquire this is most definitely not a high end team so I don't think tanking will make much of a difference. I'll probably just shoot for the 50 HP reward at 500 unless there turns out to be a really easy up to the Loki covers (wishful thinking here), since I don't have a level 85 Thor or Storm (don't want to spend the Iso 8s on Thor with his future status uncertain and Storm is just not that good in general).

This tournament is likely to have a very low ceiling is terms of competitive teams because I have a hard time seeing a significantly stronger team than those 3 buffed character. There just aren't that many high level Ragnaroks out there, and while the ability to pump green would normally be considered an asset, this is not the case here as this tournament features the two strongest characters on yellow (Thor and Ares) so you'd use your red to pump yellow for sure.
  • It's funny/sad that I still am missing 2 yellow Thor covers icon_e_sad.gif. Yet i have a couple of maxed out 3* characters and a full 2* Ares as well.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The strongest team in this tournament is likely a 85 C Storm + Thor + Ares, and in terms of difficulty to acquire this is most definitely not a high end team so I don't think tanking will make much of a difference. I'll probably just shoot for the 50 HP reward at 500 unless there turns out to be a really easy up to the Loki covers (wishful thinking here), since I don't have a level 85 Thor or Storm (don't want to spend the Iso 8s on Thor with his future status uncertain and Storm is just not that good in general).

This tournament is likely to have a very low ceiling is terms of competitive teams because I have a hard time seeing a significantly stronger team than those 3 buffed character. There just aren't that many high level Ragnaroks out there, and while the ability to pump green would normally be considered an asset, this is not the case here as this tournament features the two strongest characters on yellow (Thor and Ares) so you'd use your red to pump yellow for sure.

I have a maxed Rag and I'm still pretty unsure as to whether I'll play him or not. The only advantage he has over Thor/Ares is his health (around 14K instead of 10K). Not really sure what my team is going to be.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I have a maxed Rag and I'm still pretty unsure as to whether I'll play him or not. The only advantage he has over Thor/Ares is his health (around 14K instead of 10K). Not really sure what my team is going to be.

Well green is generally a stronger color than yellow, so I understand why Ragnarok's green pump is weaker than Thor's yellow pump. However, this tournament features the two gods of yellow (Thor/Ares), so I see no reason you'd ever pump green instead of yellow for this tournament.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Guess I'll use this tournament as a chance to get my final OBW black cover. The rewards are screwed up, so I'll need to make sure to place 76th and not 75th. icon_rolleyes.gif
    It's not the easiest thing to manipulate with how clustered everyone is away from the top 10, but aim for the middle of the tier you want, not the top. Don't forget your rank can go up as well as down from other people's scores shuffling about. I made the same error once and was briefly in line for 3* booby prize instead of 3x2*.

Did you do alright in Ares 2? Saw you spanking my sorry-**** Hulk around the closing minutes. Unless I had Widow in by then, I forget.

I do still need Punishers (and I want 5/5/3, stuff his red), but I kinda want OBW blacks more, honestly. Already dumped 500HP on her, and would rather not use another 1000. So I guess I'll see you around rank 80.

His red isn't bad for pve. Saved me a few times where I was given.a bad hand an d was left with just a lvl 35 3/5/5 punisher vs half hp enemies in the hunt. In pve the 5 in red is pretty good. Not really a wrong build.available though unless you do
    5/4/4 probably..that ones a little odd.
  • Well I would not attack a Thor/Ares/Rags team, that I know. Prolly wouldn't attack any Rags team at all unless he's combined with 2 low health characters.
  • Out of the buffed characters the only one leveled for me is my 67 Ares. I have a sub-40 Thor and C.Storm. I'm going to assume I'm unlikely to make it to 2400 points for the green IW I need (I don't have that color yet). I still need 1 more OBW cover. Should I just wait and sit in the middle of the pack for it?

Edit: Also, should I spend the 500 HP to get my last thor cover? or should I just hope to pull one eventually?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Derethus wrote:
    Edit: Also, should I spend the 500 HP to get my last thor cover? or should I just hope to pull one eventually?
    If it's a red and you really want it fast, maybe. Otherwise, not worth it. Remember that he is about to be nerfed (and hard, probably). Most likely this very week.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I love Rampaging, Wind Storming and Onslaughting through this tourney. This is even more brutal than the Ares tournament and a great way to make nerfed characters useful again...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In retrospect, this will be tricky hitting 75-150 for the black OBW, especially if I want to hit the 400 progression HP. Shoulda jumped in the first bracket
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Well green is generally a stronger color than yellow, so I understand why Ragnarok's green pump is weaker than Thor's yellow pump. However, this tournament features the two gods of yellow (Thor/Ares), so I see no reason you'd ever pump green instead of yellow for this tournament.
    For ares' single target green nuke? Is he boosted less than the last tournament?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

For ares' single target green nuke? Is he boosted less than the last tournament?

His boost seems to be only +100% instead of +200% like the last tournament, but more importantly, all your opponents are likely boosted. While Onslaught is instant kill on Ares's sidekicks, Ares himself can take them quite well (and usually retaliate). In this tournament I imagine you'll often face a team with all 3 characters that are boosted, so they'd actually be able to withstand Onslaught most of the time and make you pay for it.
  • I don't need anything except Wolvie (and Loki from progression).
    Not sure if I should tank and save HP or try hard... depends on bracket I guess.
    Either way... I'm up all night to get Loki icon_cool.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

His boost seems to be only +100% instead of +200% like the last tournament, but more importantly, all your opponents are likely boosted. While Onslaught is instant kill on Ares's sidekicks, Ares himself can take them quite well (and usually retaliate). In this tournament I imagine you'll often face a team with all 3 characters that are boosted, so they'd actually be able to withstand Onslaught most of the time and make you pay for it.
    In the ares tournament, I always saved the greens to instakill the other ares
  • Early thoughts: Due to the boosted characters in question, this tournament will be more "fun" in one sense than Ares. Because Spidey is definitely not part of the meta in this one.