Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• I know it wasnt ideal ap useage, but I couldn't help but save up enough ap to use Ares' red, storms blue, and Thor's green all in one turn. Bye bye opposing team.
  • More genius work from the Devs, keeping the shield prices doubled but reducing the HP progression rewards, making shields even less viable unless you're already HP-rich.
  • Great, the only cover I need is the X-Force Wolverine - have to aim for rank 1, again icon_e_confused.gif
    Which means I've to spend a lot of time and effort and HP for shields icon_evil.gif
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    For newer players that Divine Cover pull for 200 HP is a pretty good deal. Even though Rag and Loki aren't that great, at least it will help you compete in the lightning tourneys.

Don't mislead new players, 200 HP is a TERRIBLE deal for 80% chance at modern Storm, 6% Thor, 6% classic Storm, 6% Ares, 1% Loki, 1% Ragnarok [expected ratios, based on every other recruit option ever offered].
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    [/quote]
    bahamut685 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    For newer players that Divine Cover pull for 200 HP is a pretty good deal. Even though Rag and Loki aren't that great, at least it will help you compete in the lightning tourneys.
    Don't mislead new players, 200 HP is a TERRIBLE deal for 80% chance at modern Storm, 6% Thor, 6% classic Storm, 6% Ares, 1% Loki, 1% Ragnarok [expected ratios, based on every other recruit option ever offered].

It says 2 star or better, so no modern storm.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    It says 2 star or better, so no modern storm.

Hadn't realized that, had been assuming it would be like previous event '2 star or better' and actually meant any of the buffed heroes, a.k.a. 80+% 1-star likelihood.
  • Well, since every team has a maxed Thor and mine is at 3/5/1 and 21 level, I guess I sit this one out. Too bad because that recruit token at 300 points looks great. Getting to 300 though with all those Thor out there is tough. After 5 matches I am already out of healing packs. With my luck (for the last 3 weeks I must have opened over 70 standard packs to get only 1* heroes and bullseye - maybe a couple Moonstone too) I would probably get the worst cover anyway so it may not be such a huge loss.
  • I'm going to be putting in a minimal effort, just enough to get a purple OBW - which is the only cover I need for her (though I need 2). I can tell from the couple of matches I've played that this one is going to be a slog. After the grindfests of the last week, I think a light week is going to be good.

I'd like the punisher covers, but I've gotten a bunch lately, and I don't feel like they're worth the effort right now. Plus, I'll probably get more real use out of the OBW covers anyway.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Well, since every team has a maxed Thor and mine is at 3/5/1 and 21 level, I guess I sit this one out. Too bad because that recruit token at 300 points looks great. Getting to 300 though with all those Thor out there is tough.

Don't give up. By the end of this tournament there should be a host of people for you to attack and get 45-50 points for each win. You should be able to reach 300 with no problem.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Well, since every team has a maxed Thor and mine is at 3/5/1 and 21 level, I guess I sit this one out.

Your matchmaking rating is too high.
  • How do you know your matchmaking rating? Just by how many 3* covers you have or?
  • I think I'll jump on this in a couple of days, aim to get to around the top 100 for the Black OBW cover, and get whatever progression rewards I can. Shame really, I actually wouldn't mind trying to get the Loki covers at 1200 and 1800 but I doubt I'll be bothered to put the effort in.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I think I'll jump on this in a couple of days, aim to get to around the top 100 for the Black OBW cover, and get whatever progression rewards I can. Shame really, I actually wouldn't mind trying to get the Loki covers at 1200 and 1800 but I doubt I'll be bothered to put the effort in.

Loki covers: They are easy to get in lightning rounds. However it shouldn't be hard in this event, since a lot of pro players have all covers from this tournament (except 4*)
  • Roster Advice

Hey guys, hoping for some advice for this tournament. The following are my "best" characters + buffed characters, need some advice on who to put ISO in, if any:

5/5/3 IM40 121
    3/5/4 Spidey 90
    4/4/5 Ares 85
    3/5/5 OBW 85
    5/4/4 Thor 85
    5/3/5 Wolvie 85
    3/3/5 BWGS 74
    4/4/4 Hulk 72
    3/5/5 Punisher 70
    5/4 Doom 70
    2/2/4 C Mag 70
    5/4/4 C Storm 62
    5/4/4 M Storm 44
    5/5 Loki 40

Should I pump some ISO into C Storm? M Storm? Loki? None of the above?

Thanks guys.
  • I don't think they can nerf HP rewards anymore, but I'm sure they will find a way to prove me wrong.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Well, since every team has a maxed Thor and mine is at 3/5/1 and 21 level, I guess I sit this one out.

Your matchmaking rating is too high.

What determines that? My team was Ares (60), Wolverine 2* (76) and OBW (81). I'd call that a mid level team, participating in the upper left point (requires Ares) since I don't own Ragnarok - Loki and Classic Storm - Thor aren't high level. Even in the rest available matches, I see many maxed Thor. I got to 170 before 2 loses grounded me. I may try again last day since this tournament is not offered even for ISO grinding.

How about some advice? Who should be my priority to max next? I won't throw any more ISO on Wolverine before I see the changes because I think they will want us to focus on Ares (before they nerf him too). So here is the roster that is worth leveling at the moment (2*+ and 7+ covers)
    OBW (3/5/5, lv81) - Ares (4/4/5, lv60) - Thor (3/5/1, lv21) - Punisher (3/3/1, lv15) - CStorm (3/2/2, lv6)

I should focus on getting CStorm covers at some point, but from what I've seen she is too squishy and focused down immediately. Thor is disappointing without 5 red and he is getting nerfed anyway so I am not in a hurry to max him (not that I can get the missing covers any time soon). The Punisher without 5 red also seems underwhelming. Ares is decent, although he is so buffed in the recent events/tournaments, it is difficult to say how he will fare under normal conditions. Right now, without bonuses, Wolfie is harder to kill and his strike tiles seem to work better with OBW. Once you get 5-6 out, she does good damage.
  • IMO you dont need to max out your characters. Just get them to a decent level (70s or so) and save the remaining ISO to level characters based on tournament requirements.
  • Jozier ,You should raise Classic storm. I have her at 5/3/5 so you have a better build than me but i have her maxed at level 85. Your blue is even more useful than mine due to the extra damage at level 4. If you use +3 all ap and +3 blue ap, and aim for blue matches you can do a fair amount of damage and stun. You can level Loki too. Im running Classic storm, Thor, Obw, and Ares for the tournament.
  • Guess I'll use this tournament as a chance to get my final OBW black cover. The rewards are screwed up, so I'll need to make sure to place 76th and not 75th. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Non-maxed c.Storm is fine so you can hide her behind the tanks. She's fine at 62, but 70-80 is good too.

I wouldn't level Loki unless you seriously plan to use him. He still has usage, but not everyone would find it worthwhile. Personally, I think he's alright and don't mind using him during LRs.

Punisher and Hulk are both cool. I think Punisher has cooler abilities, but I'm not sure I'd level both because of overlap.