Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• I've been, weirdly, not getting attacked in this very often (though I'm probably jinxing myself saying it). I don't think I've been attacked more than once in the last day. Granted, I'm not a huge target, but I've gradually gotten up to over 400 points, and I think I've gotten attacked maybe 5 times the whole time. I don't think of my team as super-intimidating (74 Ares, 51 Rag, 50 Thor), but it does have ~22,000 hit points, and people may just not want to bother.
  • jozier wrote:
    Looks like I've hit an MMR max icon_e_confused.gif I skip and the same team appears lol. 6 bubbles, and I've read that 6 is the minimum opponents. Blah.

Man that's rough. I'm only marginally better off, keep getting the same 8-10 opponents constantly, can't seem to get out of the 400-600 point loop, as we are all in that range. I've figured out most things since the outset of this game, but cannot get my head around this at all lol
  • Pushed to 1.2k (decided to atop...as I write this I lost 250+ points in the matter of 5 min lol.... ) I don't want to put in the irritating mostly futile attempts tobraise to 1600 to get first in my bracket so I am just staying unshielded. Getting second with a shield would earn me a whopping -25 hp (3 Loki is 75 +100 winnings -200 for a shield). Too bad too..x force covers are the main thing I am looking for right now and the red tends to not come up as often I believe. Wonder how far I drop before tomorrow.

@ben: I think you need to be in the 600+ range to be really in the "getting attacked multiple times" area.

Edit: clearly I mean punisher. I need sleep.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to 2400 icon_e_smile.gif

Strategy:
    Day 1: get to ~400, then put out tank team without shield
    18-16 hrs left: got to 1900. Almost no attacks, until 1900, constant -50 by one guy.
    8hrs shield
    7 hrs left: got to 2400. Regular attacks, about 50 point loss / 100-150 gained
    8hrs shield

20140122-1cz815570x.png
  • Congrats. Glad that u made 2400. Too hard for me.
  • @ben: I think you need to be in the 600+ range to be really in the "getting attacked multiple times" area.

That may be part of it, but this one's so weird (~450 points has me in ~25th place) I figured it'd just have me getting hit sooner.

Edit:Put in a weaker team and I'm unshielded. I don't think I want a fourth black punisher, and I need a purple OBW, so I'm hoping I can drop to 46+ place. Feel free to attack me.
  • I am at 407 points and slightly above 50th place. In fact with same points last few hours I have actually risen few spots....which is alarming as I want OBW covers as mine is 0/4/3 icon_e_sad.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy **** that was frustrating... So I start grinding tonight from 0, and I get to 2300 without any problems, and thats when the attacks start rolling in... Every time I reach 2370+ , I immediately get knocked down 50-100 points. This persisted for about half an hour, until finally I had a brief break from the attacks. Kisip, whoever you are, thank you so much for putting up that tank team. I would have wasted 3 hours for nothing if you weren't there to help me push through the final 100 points. Unfortunately the server registered me as shielded at 2384 points, which is slightly below first place, but I'm just happy to get the IW cover I guess. Also, if anyone needs a fb friend, pm me!
  • Atren wrote:
    I am at 407 points and slightly above 50th place. In fact with same points last few hours I have actually risen few spots....which is alarming as I want OBW covers as mine is 0/4/3 icon_e_sad.gif
    Sitting a touch high in my bracket, too, at only 494, and no incoming attacks for ages. Might need to pop IM35 in there and do a spot of yielding. See if I can find anyone in my MMR blob looks like they're trying to push late and give them a bump.
  • Holy **** that was frustrating... So I start grinding tonight from 0, and I get to 2300 without any problems, and thats when the attacks start rolling in... Every time I reach 2370+ , I immediately get knocked down 50-100 points. This persisted for about half an hour, until finally I had a brief break from the attacks. Kisip, whoever you are, thank you so much for putting up that tank team. I would have wasted 3 hours for nothing if you weren't there to help me push through the final 100 points. Unfortunately the server registered me as shielded at 2384 points, which is slightly below first place, but I'm just happy to get the IW cover I guess. Also, if anyone needs a fb friend, pm me!

Seriously, how are you grinding from 0 to 2300 with no problems? This is the part I'm not getting - is it sheer volume of play? favourable matchmaking/stumbling across tank teams? combination of both?

I'm stuck in MMR hell, same opponents offered in the 10-25 point range typically, who are all attacking me at the same time (they must be in the same hell!). Not seen a single tank team all tournament long. As people may know, I run a decent enough team. I'm not seeing that you can scare people off from attacking, so curious as to how people are breezing into the 1000s and 2000s. First time this game has had me truly baffled lol icon_e_confused.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    Holy **** that was frustrating... So I start grinding tonight from 0, and I get to 2300 without any problems, and thats when the attacks start rolling in... Every time I reach 2370+ , I immediately get knocked down 50-100 points. This persisted for about half an hour, until finally I had a brief break from the attacks. Kisip, whoever you are, thank you so much for putting up that tank team. I would have wasted 3 hours for nothing if you weren't there to help me push through the final 100 points. Unfortunately the server registered me as shielded at 2384 points, which is slightly below first place, but I'm just happy to get the IW cover I guess. Also, if anyone needs a fb friend, pm me!

Seriously, how are you grinding from 0 to 2300 with no problems? This is the part I'm not getting - is it sheer volume of play? favourable matchmaking/stumbling across tank teams? combination of both?

I'm stuck in MMR hell, same opponents offered in the 10-25 point range typically, who are all attacking me at the same time (they must be in the same hell!). Not seen a single tank team all tournament long. As people may know, I run a decent enough team. I'm not seeing that you can scare people off from attacking, so curious as to how people are breezing into the 1000s and 2000s. First time this game has had me truly baffled lol icon_e_confused.gif

The trick is to initially tank extremely hard. I didn't start getting matches that were hard until I was 400-800 points into the tournament. I think playing at off hours (middle of the night in the US) helps prevent being attacked as well.
  • I was having a blast with this tournament Monday and yesterday until "peak hours" when I would get hit multiple times at once. Playing for 3+ hours only to be knocked down in a 30 minute timeframe is ridiculous.
  • The Ladder wrote:

Well, I had no problems going from 1221 to 1900+. Every opponent was 49-50 points. And they were all "bagman" teams
  • The Ladder wrote:

The trick is to initially tank extremely hard. I didn't start getting matches that were hard until I was 400-800 points into the tournament. I think playing at off hours (middle of the night in the US) helps prevent being attacked as well.

Thanks for the info. I haven't tanked as much recently, but will have to get into the old routine lol.
  • I usually tank lightening rounds heavily but since I don't really need the rewards other than OBW I'm tanking this as well. I might try for first/2400 this next round as those are the only covers I don't have any of for Wolv/IW.
  • Man someone made a push overnight and I ended up shielding at 1945 or so. Should have shielded when I was over 2400. Oh well, gotta maintain first now. Only have a 200 point cushion.
  • Maybe I am just a cheap bastard, but I don't see the point of shielding for over 24 hours...That is alot of HP you are just wasting, for what? One 4 star cover? Not sure if it is worth it..

I have a strategy and by using it, I always come ahead on HP, using Shields in a very strategic manner... For this tourney I got to 1000 and shielded with 3 hours to go...I need to be in top 45 and hope that this helps me get there... Good luck to anyone still grinding!
  • Well yeah, that works if you need the covers in the top 45. But many of us don't anymore. And a 4 star cover costs 2500 HP. I personally don't buy 24 hour shields because I don't want to be away from the game that long but spending HP on shields is a moneysaver in the long run.
  • I shielded because I could not get up anymore, I was aiming for 1000, but all was going well, same at 1200, so I went for 1400, reach 1393 and got attack 1 to 2 time for each fight I made to pass 1400; result I am shielded at 1333 and since then I have not been attacked.... (but well I will not reshield for 1000 iso, and I don't think I will manage to get to 1600).

Well I hope I stay top 5 (number 6 is at 950 but someone not in the top 10 went passed me while I was going up so fingers crossed)
  • Still just getting the same 8 opponents all worth 10 points or less, and getting hit for -30. Yeah...so fun.