Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• How come in order to fight in some events I need a certain character but when I am picking battles to fight some teams don't have said necessary character? For instance, if I am looking at the Classic Storm required but the team on that option has no Classic Storm.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    You have lightning rounds going on at same time...So that is why points are so low...
    There's almost always lightning rounds going on at some point during tournies. Sometimes there's even two tournies and a PVP event going on at the same time. And even when I'm spreading myself between two events, I would usually still be higher than this, other people would still be higher than this. It might explain it, but not entirely I think.
    thatguy13 wrote:
    How come in order to fight in some events I need a certain character but when I am picking battles to fight some teams don't have said necessary character? For instance, if I am looking at the Classic Storm required but the team on that option has no Classic Storm.
    You have to use a specific character when starting a fight from a specific node. But other teams are spread around and not confined to a specific node. So you can fight any team comp at any time.
  • Thanks Pumkin, I think they should make it be the team that beat you on that node. Not sure if it's possible to code it that way though.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pumkin wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    You have lightning rounds going on at same time...So that is why points are so low...
    There's almost always lightning rounds going on at some point during tournies. Sometimes there's even two tournies and a PVP event going on at the same time. And even when I'm spreading myself between two events, I would usually still be higher than this, other people would still be higher than this. It might explain it, but not entirely I think.
    thatguy13 wrote:
    How come in order to fight in some events I need a certain character but when I am picking battles to fight some teams don't have said necessary character? For instance, if I am looking at the Classic Storm required but the team on that option has no Classic Storm.
    You have to use a specific character when starting a fight from a specific node. But other teams are spread around and not confined to a specific node. So you can fight any team comp at any time.
    With the way all the tournies are 2 round things now, you only really have it for the duration of the 2nd weekday tourney
  • pumkin wrote:
    Anybody else notice people's points are horribly low compared to other tournies? Usually by the end of day one people would already be at 800-1200 by now, myself included. Granted I have been playing maybe half as much as normal, but what about everybody else? (Yes, I shielded at 413 icon_neutral.gif I couldn't help myself. I worked hard for that number...)

1cf92c93-93fb-4467-a4bd-bd0cc288d0da.png

I'm pretty sure it started low last time
  • It's mostly because people have not joined the tournament yet.

I am waiting to join later because I really need a break from matching tiles for the last 3 weeks, lol
  • Alright I've entered. Normally I don't enter unless I can play a bunch to start but oh well.
  • Oh wow. my lvl 85 BW and lvl 50 modern storm were 1 hit KO'd by storm classic passive...****
  • JulietLima wrote:
    Oh wow. my lvl 85 BW and lvl 50 modern storm were 1 hit KO'd by storm classic passive...****

You must have gotten the whole team down to half their HP
  • jozier wrote:
    Alright I've entered. Normally I don't enter unless I can play a bunch to start but oh well.

let us know when your bracket is full. not only do I want to avoid yours (and give myself a higher chance of a higher finish, lol), i'm interested to see how quickly new brackets are being formed this far into the tourney. i have a feeling it might be slow, what with LR ongoing and the first round being a massive slogfest.
  • How do you tell whether your bracket is full if you've scored some points already?
    Is the only way to tell to be sitting at the bottom and checking your score?
  • Liaomiao wrote:
    How do you tell whether your bracket is full if you've scored some points already?
    Is the only way to tell to be sitting at the bottom and checking your score?

I believe when your bracket is full, it tells you that there is the full complement (usually 500 players) on the tourney icon.
    If that isn't there, then I guess the only way to see at present is to yield enough matches that you're on zero points, then check your rank!
  • I post it here because it happened in this tournament.
    I understand that you can loose 50 points against a much lower rank that you, but how is possible to loose 34 points by an attacker who has more than twice my points?
  • Daedalus wrote:
    I post it here because it happened in this tournament.
    I understand that you can loose 50 points against a much lower rank that you, but how is possible to loose 34 points by an attacker who has more than twice my points?

I suspect they had less points than you when they beat you - but by the time you checked in and noticed the attack, their point total had moved way past yours?
    Either that, or cheats, or a bug
  • pumkin wrote:
    Anybody else notice people's points are horribly low compared to other tournies? Usually by the end of day one people would already be at 800-1200 by now, myself included. Granted I have been playing maybe half as much as normal, but what about everybody else? (Yes, I shielded at 413 icon_neutral.gif I couldn't help myself. I worked hard for that number...)

Usually day one is slow (especially when there are lightning rounds at the same time).
    And the first and probably the second day you should be fine without shielding as long as you swim with the swarm.

Day one most people reach 400 to 600 points, somtimes the top two break out an go for 800, 1000 or even 1200 points, but ususally most people will be in the 400 to 600 zone. Stay with them and you won't get attacked much or at all (I usually don't get attacked or get max attacked once or twice).

Second day people will advance to the 800 - 1000/1200 points zone. Again stay with the flock, if the majority is at 900, stop at 900 or some points below that. Most people will look for the juicy targets way above you and you won't get much attention/attacks.
    If you feel very unlucky you can use a shield at this point but in most cases you should be fine without one.

Day 3. If possible enter the tournament some hours before the end to make your run for your targeted rank. Fight your way up and use the 3 hour shield if: a) you get attacked to much and are losing more points than gaining, b) you are at or above the rank you're shooting for and have a nice cushion of points between you and the next guys in the ladder, c) when there are only 1 or 2 hours left to the end and you are about the place you want to be - usually in the last hour a lot of people try to climb up so the chance of being attacked a lot is way higher. Sometimes the last minutes fights happen only below top 6. So, observe the events while shielded and break your shield only in case of emergency, when it seems like you would lose the rank you want. Depending on how many points you'd need to maintain your position, break your shield 10 to 30 minutes before the end and get yourself some fast wins (use the time you're shielded to pick some juicy targets).

If you are not able to participate in the last hours then gain as much points as you can late of day 2 or early of day 3 (playing at off-hours helps a lot) and put up a shield that holds until the end of the tournament.
  • I think I must have gotten my MMR too high at some point, and my tanking at the end of round one of Divine Champions and during al of my lightning rounds fixed it. Round two of this tournament has been the exact opposite of round one - I'm getting matched against scrub teams (I've fought a lot of Iron Man 35s and Classic Hawkeyes) and I've cruised up to 500 already, and the one person who attacked me lost and gave me points. Given the friendlier end time, I may push for top 15 or even top 5 if it looks realistic, rather than trying for my last OBW cover (purple). I don't think I want 16-45, but getting a green or (finally) my first red for punisher would be nice.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think I must have gotten my MMR too high at some point, and my tanking at the end of round one of Divine Champions and during al of my lightning rounds fixed it. Round two of this tournament has been the exact opposite of round one - I'm getting matched against scrub teams (I've fought a lot of Iron Man 35s and Classic Hawkeyes) and I've cruised up to 500 already, and the one person who attacked me lost and gave me points. Given the friendlier end time, I may push for top 15 or even top 5 if it looks realistic, rather than trying for my last OBW cover (purple). I don't think I want 16-45, but getting a green or (finally) my first red for punisher would be nice.

I am encountering a lot of "scrub teams" as you put it. I decided to off as many as possible without skipping and shield at about 400. I put together second builds of Storm (25 - 5/5/3), Thor (20 5/5/3), and Ares (20 - 2/3/3).
  • My problem is of a different nature. I went for the Divine Champions which game a blue Storm (not bad/not good) and only then I noticed I am #29. Since the tournament ends 7am and I doubt I will be able to place top 15 (I have OBW maxed too), I wanted to place 200-250 for the standard tokens just to see if I can draw something useful. I hope by the end I will drop there. I could aim for the top 45 and the 100 HP since I decided that the most efficient way to level abilities is by using HP, but the 7am ending kills it for me. I guess we'll see how it play out.
  • Started playing from the start of round 2 and I'm sitting at first place with 800 pts. I don't think anyone's attacking me at all
  • In the more expensive shield era, the points are always going to be low unless you found someone shielded in your matchup list. After all, if you can't find a shielded opponent, then to you, it's exactly the same as a Hood style tournament.

I hit like 500 points and then went to 1000 on 2 shielded guys yesterday, but now I got pulled back and is progressing at a snail's pace again. They really need to do something about the way shield allows certain people to totally pull away, and even if a shield is supposed to give someone an insurmountable damage, it makes no sense that it also confers an equally insurmountable advantage for anyone who happens to see that guy. It took less effort to go from 500 to 800 than 400-500 because I was beating on a shielded tank team, and it only took slightly more effort from 800 to 1000 against a legitmate but shielded team (would have hit 1300 easy but then my retaliations from earlier were kicking in and leading to constantly -50s at that point). I must have attacked each team 15 times and it's just ridiculous.