Divine Champions

Options

Comments

• At about 6:30 this morning (11:00 now) i stopped playing and didn't shield. I went from 1221 to 1786 (I thought I reached 1900 but I was wrong). All were 49-50 point range. I lost once due to an unfortunate cascade so I only got 25 points from that battle.

No shields for 4.5 hours. No attacks, no lost points, at #3. I actually wanted some OBW covers.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    There was definitely something funny going on. I entered about 12 hours after it opened and went to 300 or so but got knocked down to just under 200. Last night I had some spare time so I pushed starting around 5:30pm PST. By 11pm PST after playing on and off I was up to about 1900 pts, 1300 over second place, and hadnt seen a single attack/retaliation. Was expecting lots of people to pass me by so I didnt shield. Woke up with the kiddo around 1:30 and had only been knocked down to 1500 and second was up to 700 something. Tossed on a shield but only saw a few more hits in those 8 hours.
  • Is it just me or did they change it now so that you fight in the opponent's stage rather than your own? No more 24/7 jungle for me anymore I guess.

Also, obw reward now fixed. It shall be mine.
  • Is it just me or did they change it now so that you fight in the opponent's stage rather than your own? No more 24/7 jungle for me anymore I guess.

Also, obw reward now fixed. It shall be mine.

If you retaliate in a different environment that's where it takes place. But you can still fight all your fights in one zone.
  • It wasn't a retaliation. I used Thor all last tourney with Jungle, in this one got Desert vs m.Storm. Not complaining though because I actually like the Desert.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Imho something was funny with my MMR this time.. it made a huge jump up in the middle it seemed and than .. droped again?
    Either that oor ppl were tanking LR at the same time and that got everything confused lol

I managed to hit 500points in the last minute and got 2 punisher covers, which made me sooo happy! (I really want to have enough covers to be able to play him ^///^)
    Unfortunatly same prices again in the next round, I wish theyd give green or red instead of black in the low ranks .. just rotate them a lil bit :/
  • nihilium wrote:
    Imho something was funny with my MMR this time.. it made a huge jump up in the middle it seemed and than .. droped again?
    Either that oor ppl were tanking LR at the same time and that got everything confused lol

I managed to hit 500points in the last minute and got 2 punisher covers, which made me sooo happy! (I really want to have enough covers to be able to play him ^///^)
    Unfortunatly same prices again in the next round, I wish theyd give green or red instead of black in the low ranks .. just rotate them a lil bit :/

Lol! I was doing that. Can't compete in both tournament, so I tank LR while doing Divine Champions. Got 1st with 1400 points icon_e_smile.gif, got my first 4* Wolvie. Thank you to Copps for having your tank team out, got me over the hump.
  • Grabbed my 3 obw covers. Now all i need is 3 more blue.
  • Little disappointed. Was hoping to get on to see myself knocked out of top 3 into the obw bracket and turned out i stayed top 45 :/ o well. Wonder what the final.score for first place was. Overall I think I am not a fan of this tournement. The # of buffed chracters makes the teams too similar as nobody really wants to use Loki beyond if they had a retaliation there, and then every team.seemed to be storm/ares/thor. Pretty boring and so many buffed characters means more health packs USD or more healing needed which is irritating as I didn't want to UAE spidey (so I didn't..). Lower lvl players prob appreciate it...and I consider this to be thor's last Harrah so..mhee. I guess I earned 225 hp so I can't complain really. Getting first is just luck.of bracket and time you play.
  • Kinda funny: played till 500 (first HP reward) and stopped. There was just one attack after that and i ended in top 45. So, even if you put not much effort into it, you can still get your hands on a 3***-cover.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinda funny: played till 500 (first HP reward) and stopped. There was just one attack after that and i ended in top 45. So, even if you put not much effort into it, you can still get your hands on a 3***-cover.
    Yeah, it took quite a bit of tanking to get out of the top 45 after getting the first HP reward
  • Spoit wrote:
    Kinda funny: played till 500 (first HP reward) and stopped. There was just one attack after that and i ended in top 45. So, even if you put not much effort into it, you can still get your hands on a 3***-cover.
    Yeah, it took quite a bit of tanking to get out of the top 45 after getting the first HP reward
    I had that problem in the closing minutes. It's amazing what yielding can do.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    With all the Punishers given out its almost #1 or tank the MMR. Would be kind of cool if the top 10 got a 3* cover of their choice.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    With all the Punishers given out its almost #1 or tank the MMR. Would be kind of cool if the top 10 got a 3* cover of their choice.
    . Or just give me a 5th of a x force lol. Trade in 5 special ISO nuggets to get a 4**** pack or something. I'm a fan of an either or reward system in case you have covers already....on the flip side, having ppl like me de decide "I cannot get #1...I just won't try" is good for newer players as that's one more slot in the top 10 not taken. The devs probably couldn't care either way in that situation unless everyone is doing it..especially normally paying customers.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Yielding is pretty minimal against people who already have more points than you.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    . Or just give me a 5th of a x force lol. Trade in 5 special ISO nuggets to get a 4**** pack or something. I'm a fan of an either or reward system in case you have covers already....on the flip side, having ppl like me de decide "I cannot get #1...I just won't try" is good for newer players as that's one more slot in the top 10 not taken. The devs probably couldn't care either way in that situation unless everyone is doing it..especially normally paying customers.

They should change the 3/4 star progression rewards to exactly that and make them much easier to obtain. I'm fine with the ranking rewards being hard to get.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Yielding is pretty minimal against people who already have more points than you.

I was able to find lower targets and yield 10-12 points per.
  • My turn to join. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Anybody else notice people's points are horribly low compared to other tournies? Usually by the end of day one people would already be at 800-1200 by now, myself included. Granted I have been playing maybe half as much as normal, but what about everybody else? (Yes, I shielded at 413 icon_neutral.gif I couldn't help myself. I worked hard for that number...)

1cf92c93-93fb-4467-a4bd-bd0cc288d0da.png
  • You have lightning rounds going on at same time...So that is why points are so low...