Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    They messed up again Scotland Yard is already open with a 4 day timer!!!!
    yup. but they cant change the node refresh value live...
    They probably can, it's just that changing it mid-event would create an uneven playing field since some will miss refreshes others won't miss. Changing the end time shouldn't have that effect as long as they do it in a timely manner.
    that is why it was suggested to make the change at a transition.
    no one would have an advantage if it were changed after sub one closes
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    They probably can, it's just that changing it mid-event would create an uneven playing field since some will miss refreshes others won't miss. Changing the end time shouldn't have that effect as long as they do it in a timely manner.
    that is why it was suggested to make the change at a transition.
    no one would have an advantage if it were changed after sub one closes
    Yup, but that means the change would need to be staggered and introduced in one time slice at a time. That is probably more complicated than changing it for the entire event at once. And the track record with ime slice changes is not great - remember the season that accidentally ended 3 hours before the last slice ended?
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:

You're saying you didn't want to grind 16 nodes every 3 hours? This is clearly their way of sending off 3 hour refreshes with a bang icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Red Panda wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

Sadly that means 4 days of scaling Juggernaut fights icon_e_sad.gif

There no way I going to hit a sub 32 times in 4 days so that going to be rubber banded in the last 18 hours or so. I think that means its top 50 for me.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:

I haven't played this event before and after finishing both new subs, I was shocked to see 2 days and 4 days left in the respective subs (also assumed these would be staggered and not open simultaneously)? From the above, this seems like a mistake (hope that is true...), but I can already tell this could get messy quickly if this is indeed an error. Folks are beginning to grind nodes down like crazy (which is typical in my bracket for folks to open in this manner apparently), hopefully they don't just shut down the second sub (if it opened early) and just lower the end time to something reasonable.

And yes, Scotland Yard IX is probably going to be a PITA if it starts scaling badly, Ares/Jugs/Moonstone, even on "Easy", I ended with hardly any health left. Thankfully that was the last node in this pass through for me.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    So, does the first sub only have 7 nodes (2 required)? Just wondering if I actually need to beat that Magneto node in order to unlock anything, or if it's just for points.
    Actually, if anyone is able and feels like it, could someone post the number of nodes in each sub so everyone is aware of any hidden nodes or unlocks? Thanks!
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    I haven't played this event before and after finishing both new subs, I was shocked to see 2 days and 4 days left in the respective subs (also assumed these would be staggered and not open simultaneously)? From the above, this seems like a mistake (hope that is true...), but I can already tell this could get messy quickly if this is indeed an error. Folks are beginning to grind nodes down like crazy (which is typical in my bracket for folks to open in this manner apparently), hopefully they don't just shut down the second sub (if it opened early) and just lower the end time to something reasonable.

And yes, Scotland Yard IX is probably going to be a PITA if it starts scaling badly, Ares/Jugs/Moonstone, even on "Easy", I ended with hardly any health left. Thankfully that was the last node in this pass through for me.

Yes normally that have the second sub open for 2 day and the final sub Scotland Yard - open after its finished. However they cannot really change it now. I already changed my plans on how to tackle this event due to this change - was going to rubber band the second sub and probably grind the 3rd as there 50% more points in the final sub. However since the final sub is open for 4 days its much more time effective to rubber band that one at the cost of about 8K points of my final main score.

Edit its also been 2 hours since the mistake went live and if they were going to change it I think they have a message about it already. (The old timers will remember the $£%$^ storm they created when they change the points on the nodes mid event before)
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    @Loroku, IIRC, pretty sure once you do the first node in both Subs, they all appear, but just in case.

Anderson Bio-Technic: 7 Nodes Total (2 Essential)
    Non-Essentials: 3 All Goon Nodes, Yelena/Ares/Venom, Bullseye/Empiricist/Ares
    Essentials: Ares/Bullseye/Yelena, Moonstone/Rags/Daken**
    2,371 Points Total (Non-Rubberband)

New Scotland Yard: 9 Nodes Total (3 Essential)
    Non-Essentials: 4 All Goon Nodes, Moonstone/Ares/Bullseye, Jugs/Yelena/Daken**
    Essentials: 1 All Goon Node, Ares/Moonstone/Venom, Ares/Jugs/Moonstone
    4,198 Points Total (Non-Rubberband)

@Sumilia, I understand the concept of Rubberbanding, though I haven't tried it personally yet, but given how this Sub already started off scaling wise (it's OK for now), I can't imagine what it's going to be like after 3 days of community scaling if this things remain as-is. I'd guess at least a couple will be damn near unplayable without Boosts/Luck.

I was lucky enough to get a few extra Healthpacks from the Shield Resupply and had 8 total and burned through them all clearing both subs (and just barely at that).
  • Looks like they took down one sub
  • And now it's gone. But we kept the points from it. Had someone in my bracket grind it for 6k or so and now has a huge lead because we can't do the same.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Worri wrote:
    And now it's gone. But we kept the points from it. Had someone in my bracket grind it for 6k or so and now has a huge lead because we can't do the same.

OH.... lucky / unlucky it is a 3hr refresh if it is a 8hrs fresh...pve nearly end
  • Demiurge_Kevin
    Demiurge_Kevin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi all, yes, Scotland Yard ran early by mistake. We have hidden it and rescheduled it for when it is supposed to run. Nobody will lose any points they already gained in that sub-event. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Since we are on a different format from the last time the event was run (which was different from the time before that), can anybody list the time periods that known subs are open. From what I am hearing

156-120 Sub 1
    120-72 Sub 2 (Anderson)
    Revised:
    72-24 Sub 3 (New Scotland Yard)

Is that accurate so far? Thanks.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    And that's what I was worried about... Ugh... This was already a bloodbath of an event, I'm calling shenanigans!!! Hopefully they correct the point totals somehow, if not, I'm not quite sure what folks are gonna do.
    Hi all, yes, Scotland Yard ran early by mistake. We have hidden it and rescheduled it for when it is supposed to run. Nobody will lose any points they already gained in that sub-event. Sorry for the confusion.

Just saw this, why aren't points being corrected (wouldn't mind the health packs I used too...). This doesn't seem right for folks that didn't get a chance to hit that sub (note, I did do a full clear on it).
  • Hi all, yes, Scotland Yard ran early by mistake. We have hidden it and rescheduled it for when it is supposed to run. Nobody will lose any points they already gained in that sub-event. Sorry for the confusion.

Wait. so people in my bracket had access to more points than I did, and the nodes they hit will come back maxed when I get access to them?

So you guys just gave some people a bunch of points, right?
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Any chance you will rubberband that sub a lot more when the sub goes live or anything to offset the 3k free point lead that a chunk of the playerbase just got? Maybe expand the reward structure a bit? For a new character release, that 3k in points could be the difference between 1 and 2 covers especially with rubberbanding being so low.

I was lucky to do a clear but I know that isn't the case for everyone. I'd prefer a fair fight than just being lucky to log in during that time.
  • This is tinykitty. The person who did\grind the nodes already have a huge advantage over the people that didn't do it. Thanks d3 for you half bake resolution.
  • ark123 wrote:

Wait. so people in my bracket had access to more points than I did, and the nodes they hit will come back maxed when I get access to them?

Yes they did. I got over 6K points to make up now as only did one node for 167 points in Scotland Yard sub. But such is life I guess I could risked doing a double/triple clear and been laughing!
  • Sumilea wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Yes they did. I got over 6K points to make up now as only did one node for 167 points in Scotland Yard sub. But such is life I guess I could risked doing a double/triple clear and been laughing!
    I guess it's time to place some tickets.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Sum, the top 2 people in our bracket got 4701 and around 3000 from Scotland Yard. That is quite a lead when the scores should be 19-20k by doing every refresh. They jumped up by 25% almost.

Edit: the scores listed are on top of a full clear. So if you didn't even do S Yard, you are even farther behind.