Thick As Thieves: Jan 26 - Feb 3

Options

Comments

• thanos8587
    Options
    yellow thor progression and top 150 for storm for me.

my boycott on new roster slots begins now. just ridiculous. how can they think this even approaches fun. icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gif
  • loroku wrote:
    Guys: chill out on the 3 hr refresh stuff.

They said from the beginning the 8 hr one was a TEST - something they were trying out but was not a permanent change. OF COURSE this next event was going to go back to 3 hr - there was no reason to think it wouldn't. At all. They even specifically tried the 8 hr refresh test on one of the (few) times they weren't releasing a new character, just to make sure they didn't tick everyone off in case it went south.

If you like the 8 hr refresh - awesome! Show your support for it! Post about how it's great! But please stop doing your Chicken Little impersonation when they go back to "normal."

Will you be playing every 3 hours in the coming week ?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I will be playing every single refresh (pre-joined shard 4 as usual), but I will be hating it and myself, and will be looking back longingly to 8 hr refreshes. :3

Hope devs aren't looking at meaningless metrics to judge whether some change is good for the game or not, since even someone like me understands that an event with 3 hr refreshes for a brand-new character is going to be played very actively and will likely see much more pure playtime/event length than the previous event with 8 hr refreshes.
  • AxeVirtuoso
    Options
    Damn, 2,5 hour refreshes again... Feels like I just got kicked out of paradise.

And I absolutely need the yellow cover for my 5/0/5 Lthor. Been longing for that for months. So I have no other choice than grind this event. ****
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is my understanding that the star.png indicates rarity, not necessarily more powerful (though more powerful is assumed).

With star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rarity I understand only top 50 getting it. It's supposed to be rare.

Hopefully they understand that with a RARE card, they shouldn't make all essentials use that rare card as if everyone had a chance to get one. I agree with split essentials. One in each sub worth a decent amount of points requiring the very rare star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character. The rest should not be vaulted characters.

I'm a fan of the return of 3 hr like they promised, not so I can grind every 3 hour, on the hour... but so that it's available to play when I am. I have already resolved that I will likely not get top 50, but I definitely want the Storm if I can't break top 50 for Starlord.

I don't think one set refresh rate will work for every event. I still believe the refresh rates should be variable depending on event.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinda hoped it would be 8 hours, still. It was nice, I could do some PvP between PvE refreshes, I could relax and just use people up and not worry about health packs so much.
    3 hours just crams everything in too much. If I ended up obliterating my health packs on PvE, I'm stuck for PvP for a while.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    i just noticed that in the progression awards there is only one gold event token. i thought there were always 2 gold tokens in progression. i seriously dont need a stockpile or health pack in my progression awards. im fully aware that 90% of the time a gold token is 250 iso but this seems really cheesy.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    No idea what my personal play habits have to do with people complaining about D3 doing exactly what they complained D3 should do and so now they're doing it. Besides the fact that they publicly announced exactly what they were doing as well.

If you're asking me if I prefer the 8 hr refresh - yes, I do. Although I suspect that for me, personally, it's a net loss, since more people will be successfully competing for top spots.
    thanos8587 wrote:
    i just noticed that in the progression awards there is only one gold event token. i thought there were always 2 gold tokens in progression. i seriously dont need a stockpile or health pack in my progression awards. im fully aware that 90% of the time a gold token is 250 iso but this seems really cheesy.
    Yeah, overall rewards keep getting tighter and tighter. It's a slow decline but you can tell they are absolutely restricting the total cover giveaways while increasing ISO and sometimes even slightly increasing HP giveaways. To give you another example, they used to give 3* covers away in subs.
  • loroku wrote:

They said from the beginning the 8 hr one was a TEST - something they were trying out but was not a permanent change. OF COURSE this next event was going to go back to 3 hr - there was no reason to think it wouldn't. At all. They even specifically tried the 8 hr refresh test on one of the (few) times they weren't releasing a new character, just to make sure they didn't tick everyone off in case it went south.

If you like the 8 hr refresh - awesome! Show your support for it! Post about how it's great! But please stop doing your Chicken Little impersonation when they go back to "normal."

Posting we're disappointed here IS posting in favor of the 8h timers.
  • I'm really hoping enough people will join and the say "3 hour refreshes?! Screw that!" and then I'll be able to grab top 50 for 1 cover without breaking a back.

Ah, who am I kidding, we're all addicted icon_razz.gif I'll be lucky to get the Storm cover.
  • Less than 12 hours in on slice 1 and I can already tell this is going to be the most competitive event I've been in. Did a full clear at opening, 2 more before bed and another clear first thing this morning when my timers refreshed and already I'm only 22nd, 2300 points out of first. Not sure how that's possible but obviously it is. Hard decision ahead of me. How bad do I really need this?

Btw, 3* thor/obw/2*daken was my key for the magneto node. I know I said I was giving up on it. I lied.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone confirmed the length of the first sub?
    I'll probably wait until the weekend to join this as I probably won't have much time to play during thursday-friday and don't want to fall behind. Just have to hope for a good fresh bracket in a good time slot...
  • 36 hours for sub 1.
  • loroku
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Posting we're disappointed here IS posting in favor of the 8h timers.
    Posting that you're disappointed is fine. That's not exactly what everyone is doing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    loroku wrote:

How many TESTS have become a permanent fixture after one run? PVP time slices, PVE time slices, shield cool downs...
    Why should node refreshes be singled out?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should be 30 minute refreshs!!

I keed, I keed!
  • There should be 30 minute refreshs!!

I keed, I keed!

Burn the witch!
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I read someone mention (jokingly, I think) about adjusting his alarm at night to hit the refreshes. I was wondering though, do people actually do this? To each their own, but for myself I can't imagine sacrificing a good night's sleep and the benefits that that provides to the rest of my life for a better score in MPQ.
    Can confirm. Have done this.

As someone that deleted their Storm due to lack of roster space last go around, this event isn't going to be much fun. I know I can't hit top 50, I don't have that grind in me. But because everyone else will grind this hard, it's going to be very unlikely I'll be able to snag Storm for the essential node of the next event.
  • dtrpath3 wrote:
    Less than 12 hours in on slice 1 and I can already tell this is going to be the most competitive event I've been in. Did a full clear at opening, 2 more before bed and another clear first thing this morning when my timers refreshed and already I'm only 22nd, 2300 points out of first. Not sure how that's possible but obviously it is. Hard decision ahead of me. How bad do I really need this?

Btw, 3* thor/obw/2*daken was my key for the magneto node. I know I said I was giving up on it. I lied.

Don't forget the lone node in the main is repeatable also. Not MANY points, but it all adds up aye?
  • loroku
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    How many TESTS have become a permanent fixture after one run? PVP time slices, PVE time slices, shield cool downs...
    Why should node refreshes be singled out?
    Exactly?

The point is that people didn't like that so they asked them not to do that. So they didn't, and people got mad anyway when they didn't do the thing they'd specifically asked them not to do. Seems like D3 just can't win for losing.