Thick As Thieves: Jan 26 - Feb 3

Options

Comments

• Can someone confirm that 3* Thor is boosted?
    Yep. And essential
  • jsoetrisno
    Options
    petritis wrote:
    MJC46 wrote:
    How the heck do you guys beat the magneto node? The goon never drops tiles for me. How can I entice the AI to do so?

All I get it protect tiles thrown at me (so I deal no damage)

Never get enough blue to use Storms ability to stun magneto in time before he does something degenerate...

Any advice?

Assume a 2 - 3 * transitioner please. Current Magneto node level is 110

It nailed me big time, going to try Loki's Trickery to change their shield to my strike...

maybe can try to use 2* black widow to steal, definitely need one tanker (the 3* thor is vr good) that can sustain at least one hit of magnetized projectile and also need to be able to hit with a heavy damage output. the goon always generate 2AP blue every turn and got a lot of health, so i think no choice have to target magneto and down him as fast as u can. i was using 2* black widow, black panther and 3* thor to win the magneto node. good luck! icon_e_smile.gif
  • ark123 wrote:
    Can someone confirm that 3* Thor is boosted?
    Yep. And essential

Thanks! Time to sink some iso...
  • Is it more likely that 3* Storm will be the essential character for the event after Thick As Thieves, or that it'll be Star Lord?

I don't have enough roster slots to accommodate another 4* so not really interested in picking up Star Lord, I'd rather control my pace to land the double 3* Storm covers I could actually use.

But if Star Lord is gonna be essential I suppose shooting for at least 1 is a must to be able to compete in the following event.

I've only been playing for a month and a half, but I've yet to see a 4* be powered up in any event, so my gut tells me it'll be Storm? But since this is a F2P cash grab it'd also make a lot of sense if Star Lord was the essential to try to push people into buying his multi packs.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jsoetrisno wrote:
    petritis wrote:
    MJC46 wrote:
    How the heck do you guys beat the magneto node? The goon never drops tiles for me. How can I entice the AI to do so?

All I get it protect tiles thrown at me (so I deal no damage)

Never get enough blue to use Storms ability to stun magneto in time before he does something degenerate...

Any advice?

Assume a 2 - 3 * transitioner please. Current Magneto node level is 110

It nailed me big time, going to try Loki's Trickery to change their shield to my strike...

maybe can try to use 2* black widow to steal, definitely need one tanker (the 3* thor is vr good) that can sustain at least one hit of magnetized projectile and also need to be able to hit with a heavy damage output. the goon always generate 2AP blue every turn and got a lot of health, so i think no choice have to target magneto and down him as fast as u can. i was using 2* black widow, black panther and 3* thor to win the magneto node. good luck! icon_e_smile.gif

Wolveroach took out that node, level 118/119/119 with OBW, Hawkeye and 2* Thor. I was a little lucky with a match-5 early on, and Mags went down without doing anything significant. My guys took hardly any damage.

:edit: oh, and I didn't use any boosts, I wanted to try without for the first run through.
  • mclmf wrote:
    Is it more likely that 3* Storm will be the essential character for the event after Thick As Thieves, or that it'll be Star Lord?

I don't have enough roster slots to accommodate another 4* so not really interested in picking up Star Lord, I'd rather control my pace to land the double 3* Storm covers I could actually use.

But if Star Lord is gonna be essential I suppose shooting for at least 1 is a must to be able to compete in the following event.

I've only been playing for a month and a half, but I've yet to see a 4* be powered up in any event, so my gut tells me it'll be Storm? But since this is a F2P cash grab it'd also make a lot of sense if Star Lord was the essential to try to push people into buying his multi packs.

History would say Star-Lord. The newly introduced character is always featured in the next PvE event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    mclmf wrote:
    Is it more likely that 3* Storm will be the essential character for the event after Thick As Thieves, or that it'll be Star Lord?

History would say Star-Lord. The newly introduced character is always featured in the next PvE event.
    the past several star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character's event have had spit essential nodes
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smells like Brotherhood is up next then. It's the episode after TaT, has split essentials, and seems a good story to bring back Magneto.
  • smells like Brotherhood is up next then. It's the episode after TaT, has split essentials, and seems a good story to bring back Magneto.

I think every event aside from Red Isotope can have split essentials, though it'd be pretty cruel to have split essentials on the Gauntlet when one of those guys is a 4*.
  • fmftint wrote:
    the past several star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character's event have had spit essential nodes[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot about the split, though I think the original poster was wondering if it was possible for Star-Lord to not be required in the next event and I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.
  • Yeah, even in the case of split essentials, a Star Lord would still be required to stay competitive. So now I have a tough choice to make, place top 50 and delete somebody to make room for Star Lord, or relax a bit and grab the double Storms but possibly lose out on a 3* reward track I could use in the event following Thick as Thieves...

Wish I had a crystal ball to see who the upcoming reward is after Thick As Thieves, if it's another character I don't already have then it's pointless to shoot for Star Lord anyways cause I still wouldn't have the roster space. But if it's somebody I do have on my roster that's better than 3* Storm, I'll be kicking myself for not skipping her for the Star Lord.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Statement: Players transitioning into a 3* roster should not be aiming for a Top 50 position.

Discuss.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Statement: Players transitioning into a 3* roster should not be aiming for a Top 50 position.

Discuss.

Depends on who the featured 3* is for the event following Thick As Thieves. If it's somebody they wanted, they'll need Star Lord (even if they don't plan on keeping him) to get enough points to place for multiple covers of the featured 3* they're after, and then just sell Star Lord when they're done.
  • yogi_ wrote:

Discuss.

As a 2 - 3* transitioner, I'd probably be better off with that greenflag.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png since Starlord will only be collecting dust for the next 6 months at the very least, but like mclmf said: I will need Starlord to compete for the next old 3*, so I have to aim for top 50.
  • As much as I like MPQ, it's stuff like this that will eventually drive me to quit. Only Top 50 get the main reward, 6 days of event, 3 hour refreshes (after I was hopeful they'd change them to 8 hours for good). I don't want to speak for everybody else, of course, but for me this endless repetitive grinding takes the fun out of MPQ. If I want the reward, I have to structure my life around MPQ. If I say my life is more important, I will lack the essential character needed for the next event, which will be a major throwback there.
    icon_evil.gif
  • fmftint wrote:
    Is Family Reunion 7 EVER going to be retuned to make it even close to a fair fight? Classic Magneto force fed yellow and blue, nuking you at best every 5th turn and killing your damage every 3rd.

That's right I forgot, this is FUN!

they don't care, there's the deadpool vs mpq xforce node as well

they don't care thor essential after being vaulted

they don't care new 4* looks really bad but we need him for next event anyway

they don't care they give out 3* storm but we haven't seen 3*magneto/others in forever
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can I just say that a level 99 6000 health Venom being fed blacks by a level 99 6000 health Don paired up with another 6000 health Moonstone is not 'easy' for my 2* roster icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Joey Jellico
    Options
    Ceraphim wrote:
    Not only is this PVE going to be a bloodbath, but its also unforgiving as top 150 is tinykitty star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png for single placement AND top 100 for alliances. icon_eek.gif
    Is this what they meant by "easing" the 3*>4* transition???
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys: chill out on the 3 hr refresh stuff.

They said from the beginning the 8 hr one was a TEST - something they were trying out but was not a permanent change. OF COURSE this next event was going to go back to 3 hr - there was no reason to think it wouldn't. At all. They even specifically tried the 8 hr refresh test on one of the (few) times they weren't releasing a new character, just to make sure they didn't tick everyone off in case it went south.

If you like the 8 hr refresh - awesome! Show your support for it! Post about how it's great! But please stop doing your Chicken Little impersonation when they go back to "normal."
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    oh, and mobile:
    daibar wrote:
    Boosted Toons
    3* icon_thor.png thor icon_deadpool.png deadpool icon_spiderman.png spiderman
    2* icon_captainamerica.png captainamerica icon_storm.png storm icon_hawkeye.png hawkeye
    1*: ?

Single Player Rewards

1. :starlord: Starlord redflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png +1 more cover (unknown?) 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png,
    2-5. :starlord: Starlord redflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png,
    6-10 :starlord: Starlord yellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png,
    11-50 :starlord: Starlord purpleflag.png 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png,
    51-150: icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, storm (3* storm, since it wasn't specified)
    151-200. icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, wolverine (2*)
    201-300. icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, wolverine (2*)
    301-400. icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png 500 iso8.png, wolverine (2*)
    401-500. Standard cardpack.png x3, 250 iso8.png
    501-600. Standard cardpack.png x2, 250 iso8.png
    601-800. Standard cardpack.png, 250 iso8.png
    801-1000. 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

400. Standard Token
    700. 100 iso8.png
    1000. +20% Damage All redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    1500. 250 iso8.png
    2000. healthpack.png
    3000. 2* icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png captainamerica
    5000. +1 All AP yellowtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png
    10000. 250 iso8.png
    15000. 2* icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png hawkeye
    25000. Recruit Token
    30000. 250 iso8.png
    35000. 2* icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png storm
    40000. 1000 iso8.png
    45000. 50 imcoin.png
    50000. 500 iso8.png
    60000. icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png thor

Alliance rewards:
    1-2 :starlord: starlord purpleflag.png 5000 :iso8 250 imcoin.png,
    3-10 :starlord: starlord purpleflag.png 5000 :iso8 100 imcoin.png,