What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Options

Comments

• Blink (***)

greenflag.pngTeleportation Portal – (Passive) – Blink casts a “portal” tile of a random color (hidden from the opponent’s view) onto the playing field at the start of a fight. All incoming attacks of the same color as the color tile are redirected toward the opposing team in varying capacity. If the tile is cleared, Blink re-opens a portal of the same color on the next turn.

-- Level 1: A single “Portal” tile that redirects a single color’s attacks at 50% strength
    -- Level 2: A single “Portal” tile that redirects a single color’s attacks at 100% strength
    -- Level 3: “Portal tiles” of 2 colors that redirect attacks 75% strength
    -- Level 4: “Portal tiles” of 3 colors that redirect attacks at 75%
    -- Level 5: “Portal tiles” of 3 col Purple:ors that redirect attacks at 100% strength.

purpleflag.png“Made ya Blink” - (Active) Blink focuses her ability into short, crystal-like javelins, which she hurls at the opposing team.

-- Level 1: Costs 7 AP and deals 500 HP damage to a single target
    -- Level 2: Costs 7 AP and deals 750 HP damage to a single target
    -- Level 3: Costs 6 AP and deals 1000 HP damage to 1 target
    -- Level 4: Costs 5 AP and deals 1500 HP damage t Black:o 1 target
    -- Level 5: Costs 4 AP and deals 1500 HP damage to all 3 opponents

blackflag.pngBlink Wave 7AP – (Active) Clarice's "fight-or-flight" instinct overwhelms her focus and she casts a teleportation field that shreds the opposing team’s entire AP stores. The opposing team struggles to evade the wave of destruction resulting in a single missed turn.

-- Level 1: 90% chance of Blink being “out of phase” and getting caught in the aftermath of the destruction resulting in an instant drain of Blink’s entire health bar
    -- Level 2: 75% chance …”
    -- Level 3: 50% chance… “
    -- Level 4: 25% chance … “
    -- Level 5: 5%
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    quadiak wrote:
    I vote for Groot, as there is no truer healing ability than to regrow back from a twig. For special attributes he should have the ability to restart every match with full health with no timer. Every match he should start with full health no matter the previous outcome. obviously he would have to be a tank, with amazing physical abilities akin to the hulk but slightly lower hit points as he is vulnerable to a blade.

Groot%201.jpg
    (How hard is it to find a Cover prominently featuring Groot? Answer: VERY!)

I AM GROOT! Groot smashes his foes with all the force of the forest. Does X damage, plus an additional x damage for every Green tile on the board. Drains all Green AP and destroy's all Green tiles on the board, does not generate AP.
    Green (13 AP)
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Increases Base Damage.
    Level 3: Increases Damage for destroyed Green tiles.
    Level 4: Increases Base Damage.
    Level 5: No longer drains AP, AP cost increased to 15.

I am Groot?
    Black (Passive): Groot's amazing healing abilities cause him to regrow his lost limbs. Recovers 3% of his health for every Green match made by either team.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Heals 4% per Green match.
    Level 3: Heals 5% per Green match.
    Level 4: Heals 7% per Green match.
    Level 5: Heals 9% per Green match.

I am Groot.
    Blue (11 AP): Groot sprouts additional limbs to aid in his battle. A selected tile changes to Green and 5 random tiles of the same color also change to Green. Ability does change special tiles, but does not change effects.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 3: Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 4: Transforms 8 tiles.
    Level 5: Transforms all tiles of the selected color.

(It's obvious that his Black is inspired from A.Wolvie, just with set percentage values and either team green matches. This plays well with his Blue which is a more versatile version of Doom's Blue, but a slightly higher AP cost to balance it's greater flexibility. Finally his Green AP drain balances against his potential to be a Green battery, but the Level 5 upgrade does force an interesting choice of how to build him. I think that the AP cost of his Green could be raised/dropped if the damage scaling is balanced appropriately, but is intended to be used by the AI before CotS or Sniper Rifle.)

I like this idea. But I think the "I am Groot?" move that gives him health should be renamed "We are Groot" and heal the whole team a little bit. It probably would have to change from a passive move to a normal move since you can't have the whole team getting health with every black tile match though.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    toowens wrote:
    I like this idea. But I think the "I am Groot?" move that gives him health should be renamed "We are Groot" and heal the whole team a little bit. It probably would have to change from a passive move to a normal move since you can't have the whole team getting health with every black tile match though.

Thanks to True Healing, any Team Healing ability is pretty much the bottom-tier of the ability pool. Also not particularly thematic of the character itself. Groot has regrown himself from just a twig. I don't recall any time he has ever healed others.
  • This game is the best phone game in my opinion, but the name of the game is titled "dark reign". That being said we seem to be missing 3 of the main story's protagonist, Namor / Emma frost / and most importantly atleast 2 different covers for the main man " Green Goblin icon_mrgreen.gif and/or Norman Osborn with the Iron Patriot suit ". When I have more time I will post some ideas I have of moves I have in mind, after that or before even the release of the team leader of the xmen " cyclops ". Green Goblin would have to be the main person I would want.
  • First of all i would like to thank you at D3P for doing a GREAT GAME. Also it's awesome you have a great player support. This will be my first post, so i hope im doing it right. All recently released characters since i started playing again have been fun to see from Beast/Colossus to now Groot & Rocket Raccoon and all in between. I hope you keep it up. This is a character i hope for Blue Marvel. I know he does'nt really fit into Dark Reign but he would be cool character to have. I'm not good at calculating exact damage so only take it as a sugggestion. =)

***Blue Marvel

Concussion Beams (8 Black AP)

Description: Beams of pure solidified antimatter that causes concussive damage are released at the enemy. Creates a 1-turn countdown tile that prevents all abilities from being used.

Level 1: Deals 170 damage.
    Level 2: Deals 330 damage. Creates a 2-turn countdown tile.
    Level 3: Deals damage to the entire enemy team. Cost 2 more AP.
    Level 4: Deals 700 damage. Creates a 3-turn countdown tile.
    Level 5: Only prevents the the enemy from using abilities. Costs 2 more AP.

Max Level Damage: 5000 damage.

Light Generation (Yellow: Passive)

Description: The Blue Marvel creates his own light. Changes the board to include atleast 3 black and 3 blue tiles.

Level 2: Atleast 4 black and 4 blue tiles.
    Level 3: Atleast 5 black and 5 blue tiles.
    Level 4: Atleast 6 black and 6 blue tiles.
    Level 5: Also constructs the board to include atleast one available Black or Blue match-up.

(If board already contains enough tiles nothing is changed.)

Energy Shield (6 Blue AP)

Description: A antimatter shield is created. Places a 2-turn countdown tile that prevents yellow and blue AP loss.

Level 2: Also prevents red AP loss. Countdown tile extends to 3 turns.
    Level 3: Also prevents green AP loss. Countdown tile extends to 4 turns.
    Level 4: Also prevents black AP loss. Countdown tile extends to 5 turns.
    Level 5: Also prevents purple AP loss. Countdown tile extends to 6 turns.

Tell me what you of the charatcter powers. Is there something that would need redesign please do tell =)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Light Generation (Yellow: Passive)

Description: The Blue Marvel creates his own light. Changes the board to include atleast 3 black and 3 blue tiles.

Level 2: Atleast 4 black and 4 blue tiles.
    Level 3: Atleast 5 black and 5 blue tiles.
    Level 4: Atleast 6 black and 6 blue tiles.
    Level 5: Also constructs the board to include atleast one available Black or Blue match-up.

(If board already contains enough tiles nothing is changed.)

This seems kinda of weird, hard to understand, and even harder to code for. Perhaps something like:
    Blue Marvel creates his own light. If there are more than 10 Yellow tiles on the board, changes the color of two basic tiles to one blue & one black.

Level 2: Changes 4 tiles (2 blue & 2 Black)
    Level 3: Changes 6 tiles (3 blue & 3 Black)
    Level 4: Can change special tiles as well.
    Level 5: If there are more than 9 Yellow tiles on the board, ability activates.
  • GAMBIT 3* OR UP

CARNAGE 4*

CABLE 3*

MORPH 3* my wish list
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gambit 3*
    Kitty 2*
    Carnage 3*
    Venom 3*
    Black suit spidy 4*
    Jubilee 1 or 2*
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_e_biggrin.gif Not expressly a 4 star.png more like a 3 star.png

Emma Frost

ibrlOwIkQ5xpjf.jpg

Mastermind - bluetile.png 10Ap blueflag.png
    Level 1: Emma's mind-control enters in action a she owns a random special tile
    Level 2: xxx

Hellkiss - purpletile.png 9Ap purpleflag.png
    Level 1: Destroys 9 tiles in a heart shape, does damage but don't generate ap

Diamond Shaper - yellowtile.png 11Ap yellowflag.png
    Level 1: Creates a +2 countdown tile that while on the board shes invulnerable to attacks and also stop/freeze other 2 enemy countdown tiles
  • Carnage or black suit spiderman...I also like sabretooth n gambit
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage is not a 4*, dude. He's a mid-grade 3* in a post-psychotic break with a joy-button care of his symbiote suit..

I have suggested Jubilee as a 1* that does super-charged tiles ala 4hor, but generates menial damage. She could also be the first "place x red tiles on the board". She would be redflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png or purpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png

4* Spidy in the Iron Spider suit redflag.png , yellowflag.png , blackflag.png would be fun.

But above all, I want Iceman with a : blueflag.png passive heal whenever blues are matched, a greenflag.png Glacial Spike that when the countdown tile explodes, blues burst out in rows, diagonals, etc, and a yellowflag.png super wind-storm that leaves frost constructs. The frost constructs do doom-like attack.png / blade-like attack.png tiles.

I'd love to have a Ghost Rider that uses blackflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png . Chain Fletchette (take out rows, leaves attack tiles similar to 2* wolverine's green). Penance Stare: countdown tile. When destroyed, does dmg equal to the counters on it. You cannot avoid taking damage, but every time it increments, damage is multiplied (ala C.Mags translocate) - say, 500-750 dmg per counter. Finally, a flame (breath, etc) attack that diminishes greens; turns them into reds or blacks.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have a thread for this already. It's even stickied. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2257
  • TradeMark310
    Options
    *** Thanos

- Dominate
    lvl 1- Thanos' desire to rule takes over. Creates one strike tile and one shield tile with strength 15 each. If destroyed by your team, tile returns 3% health. If enemy destroys it, causes 95 damage.
    lvl 2- Two tiles of each
    lvl 3- Strength of tiles goes up to 40. Match gives 5% health, enemy match causes 310 damage.
    Lvl 4- Three tiles of each
    lvl 5- Strength goes up to 95. Match gives 10% health, enemy match causes 520 damage.

-Quest for Power
    Lvl1- The mad titan is on a hunt for the relics that will help him take over the universe. Converts one enemy tile of any type to a basic black tile.
    lvl2- convert two tiles to basic black tiles.
    lvl3- convert any one tile to a critical tile.
    lvl4- convert any two to critical.
    Lvl5- convert three tiles to criticals.

Wooing Death
    Thanis will do anything to gain the affection of Lady Death. Causes 20% of overall health to front char and 5% to back line chars, but causes 10% of current health to drain. If the hit kills any chars, regain an extra 5%.
    Lvl2- Causes 25% damage, 7% to others, kills regain 10%
    Lvl3- causes 30% damage, 10% to others, takes only 7% of own health.
    lvl4- Causes 35% damage, 12% to others
    lvl5- Causes 40% damage, takes 5%, kills regain 20%
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    Gambit, Carnage, Cable, Scorpion, Sandman, Electro, Hobgoblin
  • Carnage, ice man, hulk buster, winter soldier, dracula, Hyperion, red skull, red hulk, abomination, gambit, night crawler, ant man, bills, Hercules, quick silver, the thing, Mr fantastic, cyclops,cable, savage, scarlet witch, havak, green goblin, thanks, apocalypse, and even the four horsemen like arc angel for example. With some of these characters you can even add some heroes that aren't well known like Adam warlock, black bolt lock jaw etc.
  • How about we get an Iceman star.pngstar.pngstar.png , bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png
    blueflag.png
    Ice Spike (9ap)
    Iceman creates a giant spike of ice that erupts from the ground and damages enemies. Deals 150 damage and converts 2 random plain tiles into blue tiles
    L2: Deals 250 damage
    L3: Now converts 3 random tiles into blue tiles
    L4: Deals 350 damage
    L5: Now converts 5 random tiles into blue tiles, and deals 400 damage
    greenflag.png
    Chill (8ap)
    By lowering the temperature in the area, Iceman can freeze the enemy team in place. Deals 100 damage to all enemies. If Iceman's team has more than 10 blue AP, also stuns the enemy team for 1 turn
    L2: Now deals 150 damage to the enemy team
    L3: In addition, if the team has more than 15 blue AP, now stuns the enemy team for 2 turns.
    L4: Now deals 250 damage to the enemy team
    L5: In addition, if the team has more than 20 blue AP, now stuns the enemy team for 3 turns.
    blackflag.png
    (PASSIVE) Deep-Freeze
    Iceman spreads ice across the battlefield. Whenever you match a blue tile, convert 1 random plain tile into a blue tile
    L2: Now converts 2 random tiles
    L3: Can now convert enemy strike tiles
    L4: Now converts 3 random tiles
    L5: Can now convert enemy attack, protect and countdown tiles

Iceman is all about the blue tiles of ICE. His blue active ability and black passive allow him to make more blue tiles to match, to keep himself rolling. His active green could be harder to get off, if you're generating blue tiles constantly with the other abilities, but can allow you to freeze the enemy team in place, for longer periods if you've banked up some blue AP.
    Developing his passive to level 3 allows him to be slightly more useful against strike tiles characters like Patch/Daken, and he will not target your own tiles allowing you to soft-counter enemy special generators.
    Has very obvious synergies with MMN.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How about we get an Iceman star.pngstar.pngstar.png , bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png
    blueflag.png
    Ice Spike (9ap)
    Iceman creates a giant spike of ice that erupts from the ground and damages enemies. Deals 150 damage and converts 2 random plain tiles into blue tiles
    L2: Deals 250 damage
    L3: Now converts 3 random tiles into blue tiles
    L4: Deals 350 damage
    L5: Now converts 5 random tiles into blue tiles, and deals 400 damage
    greenflag.png
    Chill (8ap)
    By lowering the temperature in the area, Iceman can freeze the enemy team in place. Deals 100 damage to all enemies. If Iceman's team has more than 10 blue AP, also stuns the enemy team for 1 turn
    L2: Now deals 150 damage to the enemy team
    L3: In addition, if the team has more than 15 blue AP, now stuns the enemy team for 2 turns.
    L4: Now deals 250 damage to the enemy team
    L5: In addition, if the team has more than 20 blue AP, now stuns the enemy team for 3 turns.
    blackflag.png
    (PASSIVE) Deep-Freeze
    Iceman spreads ice across the battlefield. Whenever you match a blue tile, convert 1 random plain tile into a blue tile
    L2: Now converts 2 random tiles
    L3: Can now convert enemy strike tiles
    L4: Now converts 3 random tiles
    L5: Can now convert enemy attack, protect and countdown tiles

Iceman is all about the blue tiles of ICE. His blue active ability and black passive allow him to make more blue tiles to match, to keep himself rolling. His active green could be harder to get off, if you're generating blue tiles constantly with the other abilities, but can allow you to freeze the enemy team in place, for longer periods if you've banked up some blue AP.
    Developing his passive to level 3 allows him to be slightly more useful against strike tiles characters like Patch/Daken, and he will not target your own tiles allowing you to soft-counter enemy special generators.
    Has very obvious synergies with MMN.

I'll thumbs-up this on grounds that I love Iceman. I like the ice spike idea; that he makes blues pop up all over the board. He's all about that ice, 'bout that ice, 'bout that ice. Sorry. Too many Youtube videos over Thanksgiving.

Anyway. Chill / Flash frost / etc... It needs to be an instant, blue-generating or tile-changing ability. That sounds good. If it's a damage-all, it MUST be more powerful than Storm's Wind Storm. So maybe 2500-all at max level, stunning ALL one turn if you have X blue in your AP pool.

The passive is fine. You could do a Rocket-and-Groot and make him heal, ~say 100 per match~, whenever a blue is matched, when you have 5 covers in it. Alternate to the Ice Spike: you could have it leave a Torch-like / Blade-like recurring timer tile that turns one tile into blue each turn.
  • With Gamora, Rocket and Groot released should we assume we see Star-lord (legendary outlaw) next?
    Given that he is an outlaw and thief I would assume some AP steal. Furthermore to make him work with the team I would run him as Purple and Yellow with a blue passive.

purpleflag.pngHEY HEY HEY That’s mine!
    Destroy a random green, blue and red tile gaining AP.
    This would power both Gamora and Rocket and Groot equally.

yellowflag.pngSomething good, something bad… a bit of both
    Creates a shield and a strike tile

blueflag.pngLegendary outlaw
    Passive, whenever Star-Lord matches a purple tiles he steals a random AP from the enemy team.

It is rough but something like this
  • Okey Pwus_ thanks for your thoughts. I revised the abilities and it resulted in this:

*** Blue Marvel

blackflag.png Concussion Beams (8 Black AP)

Description: Beams of pure solidified antimatter is fired at the enemy that
    causes concussive damage. Converts a random basic Black tile into a 1-turn
    Countdown tile that while on the board prevents all abilities from being used.

Level 1: Deals 170 damage.
    Level 2: Deals 330 damage. Creates a Black 2-turn Countdown tile.
    Level 3: Deals damage to the entire enemy team. Cost 2 more AP.
    Level 4: Deals 700 damage. Creates a Black 3-turn Countdown tile.
    Level 5: Only prevents the the enemy from using abilities.

Max Level: Costs 10 Black AP, deals 5000 damage and creates a Black
    3-turn Countdown tile that while on the board prevents the enemy
    from using their powers.

yellowflag.pngLight Generation (Passive)

Description: The Blue Marvel creates his own light. Whenever there
    is less than 4 Yellow tiles on the board you gain 1 Black and 1 Blue AP.

Level 2: Less than 5 Yellow tiles.
    Level 3: Gain 1 Black and 2 Blue AP.
    Level 4: Less than 6 Yellow tiles.
    Level 5: Gain 2 Black and 2 Blue AP.

Max Level: If there is less than 6 Yellow tiles on the board you
    generate 2 Black and 2 Blue AP.

blueflag.pngEnergy Shield (6 Blue AP)

Description: A antimatter shield is created. Places a basic Blue 2-turn
    Countdown tile that prevents AP loss.

Level 2: Countdown tile extends to 3 turns.
    Level 3: Countdown tile extends to 4 turns.
    Level 4: Countdown tile extends to 5 turns.
    Level 5: Countdown tile extends to 6 turns.

Max Level: Place a 6-turn countdown tile on any basic tile that while on the
    board prevents the enemy from using abilities in order to reduce AP.

All replies are welcomed =)
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    *** Blue Marvel

blackflag.png Concussion Beams
    Max Level: Costs 10 Black AP, deals 5000 damage and creates a Black
    3-turn Countdown tile that while on the board prevents the enemy
    from using their powers.

yellowflag.pngLight Generation (Passive)
    Max Level: If there is less than 6 Yellow tiles on the board you
    generate 2 Black and 2 Blue AP.

blueflag.pngEnergy Shield (6 Blue AP)
    Max Level: Place a 6-turn countdown tile on any basic tile that while on the
    board prevents the enemy from using abilities in order to reduce AP.

I like the ideas. Concussion Beam's 5K damage is way, way too high (compare Rage of the Panther) but I like that it provides utility as well as damage. Light Generation could be very strong but as there are no "destroy all yellow tiles" powers, just occasionally good. Energy Shield would often be terrible . It should have an additional effect to remain useful when not fighting AP stealers. It could simply count as a moderate Defense tile while on the board which would be good enough; then it might be a little overpriced in other situations but still something to do with blue if you need it.