What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    seekie wrote:
    :star:star.pngstar.png
    Hatsune Miku
    MPQ feat. Hatsune Miku

Well, you are well on your way to designing Hatsune Miku Puzzle Quest. I'm not sure who or what you plan to include in your new game besides this ... thing.

And why would the AI use a 9 AP Green move when it has a 3 AP Green move?
  • I am Groot!
  • Pwuz_
    Options
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We just got Blade so im verrrrry happppy

But to bad Spawn isnt Marvel (hint hint to Marvel icon_e_smile.gif )
    So I have to start with a kick **** drawing/art

Moon Knight

And then a big space

Then a few names in any order : Nightcrawler, mysterio, cable, mystique, sabertooth, dr Strange, Kraven the hunter, king pin, silver surfer, ice-man, ghost rider, cloak and dagger (for valentine maybe ? icon_e_wink.gif )
    icon_e_surprised.gif almost forgot Gambit, sorry dude.
  • seekie wrote:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku 3* ? Haha Never ! She deserves at least 4 or 5 stars :p
  • howard the duck! all the way.
    or doctor strange with the new movie announcement and everything i think that itll help the hype
  • I guess that Dr Strange, Antman and Ultron will come soon. That should be obvious.
  • thethrill909
    Options
    Any word on what mutant the announcement is talking about in regards to the alliance numbers being bumped yp? At the end it says there's a mutant waiting in the shadows. I looked around and haven't seen anyone talking about it.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any word on what mutant the announcement is talking about in regards to the alliance numbers being bumped yp? At the end it says there's a mutant waiting in the shadows. I looked around and haven't seen anyone talking about it.
    Probably Nightcrawler, right? Unless you can think of a different mutant with shadow-themed powers. There could be any number I am not as familiar with though.
    I guess that Dr Strange, Antman and Ultron will come soon. That should be obvious.
    We haven't seen any Guardians of the Galaxy. I doubt we'll see Antman or Ultron any time soon; just because there's movies doesn't mean much. Antman could be the new Bagman, though, which almost makes me want him. Dr. Strange I think is more likely, since D3 talked about how Blade kind of bridges the gap toward the "magic" side of the Marvel Universe. They could do all sorts of things with his abilities. I'm hoping his powers are support/support/nuke; we haven't seen that combo yet, have we? She-Hulk is close, I guess.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    13064bc7-67e2-473e-9783-10a4b4a764db.jpg
    3 star rarity (rare)
    At Max Level: HP: 10200 Tile damage: 79/11/70/13/61/12/3.0

yellowflag.png Psychic Assault
    Power cost 10
    Level 1 - Cable assaults his target with psionic energy, dealing 257 damage and creating a strength 20 strike tile on a random yellow tile.
    Level 2 - 344 damage
    Level 3 - Creates 2 strength 28 strike tiles
    Level 4 - 427 damage
    Level 5 - 591 damage, 2 strength 36 strike tiles
    Max Level - 1877 damage, 2 strength 58 strike tiles

blueflag.png Cybernetic Endurance
    Passive
    Cable manipulates matter and his atomic makeup to ward off damage. When Cable takes greater than 324 damage, he creates a strength 25 protect tile on a random colored tile.
    Level 2 - Damage 299
    Level 3 - Strength 40 protect tile
    Level 4 - Damage 250
    Level 5 - Strength 60 protect tile
    Max level - 745 damage taken and strength 300 protect tile

greenflag.png Really Big Gun
    Power cost 8
    Cable draws and no one is safe. Deals 240 damage to the target and destroys a random tile, generating AP.
    Level 2 - 310 damage
    Level 3 - destroys 2 random tiles
    Level 4 - 390 damage
    Level 5 - 455 damage
    Max level - 3210 damage, 2 random tiles destroyed and generates AP

I have no idea how in balance the cost or damage is, but I like the idea of cable being a bit on the strong side as he's a powerful mutant with powerful abilities and an arsenal at his command. I could see an ability (or abilities) having drawbacks to play along with his dealings with the techno-organic virus.

Feel free to pick apart/amend as you see fit.
  • ErikPeter
    Options
    After thinking about how Ant-Man should be the new Bagman for a bit, I couldn't help but spec a design for him. I couldn't help but create a fun-sounding powerset.

What do we know about Ant-Man? He's lame! He's smart enough to be an Avenger but uses his abilities to talk to ants instead of creating super suits. He's got a well-deserved inferiority complex. And yet he always manages to get the job done. npxo

I designed him to be the ultimate special-tile remover. He steps on other heroes' toes (and even his own). But he should be fun nonetheless. Hank sort of fills the role of Storm (Mohawk) with some AP/cascade generation based on green, and black board stuffing. Unintentionally, he works as a soft Sentry counter; Hardcore players might not like how chaotic his powers are but two of his powers shut down World Rupture/Sacrifice pretty well.

My cat sat on my keyboard and deleted everything the first time I typed this out, so here we go again:
    Hank should probably have 5100 or 5950 HP.

Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
      blackflag.pngAnt Swarm 8 Black AP
      Ant-Man summons a massive swarm of ants, throwing the battlefield into chaos. Converts 32 tiles (including Special tiles) to Attack tiles of Strength 1 (4 max).
      Level 2: Strength increases to 2 (8 max)
      Level 3: Strength increases to 3 (12 max, 384/turn)
      Level 4: Strength increases to 4 (16 max, 512/turn)
      Level 5: Converts 40 tiles. (max 640/turn)
      Reminiscent of Hailstorm, Ant Swarm deals far less damage but can convert special tiles. It also sets up for a Giant Stomp rampage. Obviously this power is a lot stronger if you're not relying on special tiles as much as your enemy is.
        purpleflag.pngPym Particles 9 Purple AP
        Ant-man manipulates experimental "Pym Particles" to create exponential growth in any matter, increasing the strength of up to two friendly Red Attack or Strike tiles by 22 (max 180, 360 total).
        Level 2: Strength increases by 29 (max 220, 440 total)
        Level 3: Can also increase the strength of friendly Green and Black Strike and Attack tiles.
        Level 4: Increases the strength of up to 3 friendly (Green, Red or Black) Strike or Attack tiles by 22 (max 180, 540 total)
        Level 5: Strength increases by 29 (max 220, 660 total)
        A fun power that could get Stomped on a bit to they player's chagrin, but synergizes well with other Strike/Attack characters who would benefit from growing huge.
          greenflag.pngGiant Stomp (PASSIVE)
          When the situation calls for it, Hank can grow to giant size for short periods of time. If there are 12 or more special tiles on the board at the start of the turn, he stomps the board, destroying up to 3 special tiles (spending 1 Green AP per tile destroyed).
          Level 2: Destroys up to 4 special tiles.
          Level 3: Hank stomps if there are 9 or more special tiles.
          Level 4: Destroys up to 6 special tiles.
          Level 5: Destroys up to 8 special tiles, spending 1 Green AP per 2 tiles destroyed.
          A fun passive that converts green into other AP, and maybe causes a cascade, until there aren't enough special tiles to trigger it. Obviously this power is going to backfire occasionally if you're relying on good strike tiles or CDs. But after he pops Ant Swarm it'd be like a mini-Lightning Storm every turn until there aren't enough ants left. He also can save the day if you're getting hosed by enemy CDs like Psychics.
        • ErikPeter
          Options
          Jathro wrote:
          CABLE
          yellowflag.png Psychic Assault
          blueflag.png Cybernetic Endurance
          greenflag.png Really Big Gun
          Seems pretty solid. I think his powers may be too cheap for a tank with that kind of HP and a passive defense tile generator. His green is the real killer. Doesn't seem "broken" if he was a Gold but I might tone down his HP or Green (maybe 10 AP instead of 8) as a normal 3-Star. None of his powers really synergize, or need to; he just seems like a strong-all-around type. A bit boring, but strong enough to make up for it, like Thor.
        • The Mystique interview hints at another rough and tumble X-woman coming this year. Makes me excited to think my dreamboat Rogue might be joining the party icon_e_smile.gif
        • Pwuz_
          Options
          camichan wrote:
          The Mystique interview hints at another rough and tumble X-woman coming this year. Makes me excited to think my dreamboat Rogue might be joining the party icon_e_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure we all know Dazzler is going to be the next "rough and tumble X-woman."
        • ErikPeter
          Options
          Always figured Dazzler was kind of a joke character but Marvel's official ratings give her a 7 in energy projection; pretty solid. That said, I chuckled at your comment.
        • Pwuz_ wrote:
          I'm pretty sure we all know Dazzler is going to be the next "rough and tumble X-woman."

That video is funny (mistakes her for Jubilee, hah!). I actually like Dazzler.
        • ErikPeter
          Options
          In a bit of a topic diversion, you guys see the thread that Demiurge is hiring design interns? If I lived in Boston, i'd jump at that chance in a second.
        • Pwuz_
          Options
          Ok, I've had a few of these sitting on the back burner for a while and I'm going to try to get a few out now.
          I was hoping to hold off all of these till I had the whole Maximum Carnage relevant characters ready, but I lost some of my motivation.

Doppelganger
          024.jpg

redflag.png Web Throw (12 AP)
          Doppelganger uses his webs to throw large pieces of debris at the opposing team. Does X damage to opposing team. If 3 or more Web tiles exist he throws those as well dealing an additional X damage.

blueflag.png Razor Webbing (6 AP)
          Using his razor-edged webbing, Doppelganger stuns his opponent for 1 turn, does X damage, and creates 1 Red Web Tile. Damage increases based on number of Web Tiles in play.

blackflag.png Talon Strike (7 AP)
          Doppelganger tackles his foe striking with his razor sharp talons for X damage & leaving a Strike tile on the board. Strike tile strength increases with number of Web Tiles in play.
        • Pwuz_
          Options
          Cloak & Dagger (This is intentional, they are an inseparable pair and their in game sprite should reflect that as well)
          cd4cover.jpg

yellowflag.png Light Daggers (5 AP)
          Tandy forms 6 inch light daggers to hurl at her foes. Does X damage & destroys 3 random tiles.

blackflag.png Darkforce Dimension (12 AP)
          Tyrone uses his body as a port to the Darkforce Dimension, weakening all who are exposed. Damages opposing team for X damage.

blueflag.png Darkforce Teleportation (12 AP)
          Using Tandy's power to protect them, Tyrone teleports allies to assist in the fight. (See Avengers Assemble, but with new borrowed skills from the Heroes of Maximum Carnage.)
        • I want to see a star.pngstar.pngstar.png Hawkeye (Ronin) who increases his own Speed Shot production, but also has star.png Hawkeye's ability to deal with any tile.

purpleflag.png Take Aim 8 AP
          Hawkeye prepares to place the perfect shot, turning a selected Purple or Blue tile into a Critical tile.
          Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Also transforms basic Red and Yellow tiles.
          Level 3: Also transforms basic Blue and Green tiles.
          Level 4: Also transforms basic Black and Protect tiles.
          Level 5: Transforms any tile.

blackflag.png Speed Shot - Passive
          Hawkeye nocks multiple arrows and lets them fly. Whenever you match 5 or more tiles, converts up to 3 Purple tiles to 3-turn Countdown tiles that deal X damage when activated.
          Level 2: Each arrow deals more damage.
          Level 3: Each arrow deals even more damage.
          Level 4: Places 4 Countdown tiles.
          Level 5: Places 2-turn Countdown tiles.

yellowflag.png Revenge - Passive
          When damaged for (X amount or X percentage) of his health, a random basic tile becomes a 3 turn Countdown that changes 3 basic tile(s) to Purple.
          Level 2: Reduces damage required.
          Level 3: Reduces countdown to 2.
          Level 4: Increases Purple tiles created to 4.
          Level 5: Reduces countdown to 1