**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not even a difficult fix. Her abilities are already unique and interesting, and actually quite fun to play around with. They just cost WAY too much. Drop her yellow to 12. Drop her blue to 9 or 10. Remove the "end the turn" clause on her green. Done.
  • The sad thing is, they've already revised her once. Her abilities used to be even more expensive and less functional. I don't remember the specifics, but I know that her blue used to be based on the number of tiles she had and it didn't generate a shield.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    agree/bump!
  • I wish they would make her bubbles act like Protect tiles that have to be matched twice to go away. She'd be a defense beast then.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This post was totally off. It's gone now along with my hopes.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    I wish they would make her bubbles act like Protect tiles that have to be matched twice to go away. She'd be a defense beast then.
    My thought along these lines is that Locked tiles are what need the upgrade, kinda like how trap tiles needed rethinking after DD's release.

What if locked tiles protected friendly tiles allowing them to function and remain active, but nullified enemy tiles until matched.

You could protect your X-Force's Recovery or shut down the opponent Blade's attack tiles. Unfortunately, the AI would never get it right, which would ruin it for most people.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    It's not even a difficult fix. Her abilities are already unique and interesting, and actually quite fun to play around with. They just cost WAY too much. Drop her yellow to 12. Drop her blue to 9 or 10. Remove the "end the turn" clause on her green. Done.

Yellow would still be unplayable because it doesn't do anything on offense. Green and blue would still be worse than X-Force / LadyThor. It's not an "easy fix" if you want her to be a viable alternative as X-Force / LadyThor: her abilities being unique and interesting is precisely what makes it difficult.

Any quick fix isn't going to work if you want her to actually be a usable 4* and not some guy that's just worse than XF / GT (I'm looking at you, Elektra): there needs to be a lot of thought put into it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:

Yellow would still be unplayable because it doesn't do anything on offense. Green and blue would still be worse than X-Force / LadyThor. It's not an "easy fix" if you want her to be a viable alternative as X-Force / LadyThor: her abilities being unique and interesting is precisely what makes it difficult.

Any quick fix isn't going to work if you want her to actually be a usable 4* and not some guy that's just worse than XF / GT (I'm looking at you, Elektra): there needs to be a lot of thought put into it.

Actually, blue/green is an easy fix. Drop the cost of blue to say 10, then make green 9, beef up the damage but have it destroy all force bubbles. This would do massive damage, not be any more expensive then 4hor combo and make her unique at the same time. Yellow just needs to be like 10 or 12
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:

Fair enough. I just hope whatever they do to her keeps the force bubble idea going in some capacity. It's a cool idea, and it's a neat trick to lock up important tiles like countdowns or Blade's attack tiles or Sentry's sacrifice tile...I don't think she's meant to be an offensive character per se, she's a different play style all together. We already have offensive powerhouses in Thorverine, it would be nice to see an actual GOOD support/defensive character in the 4* world, and I think her abilities as is are close to being awesome. Maybe in addition to lowering the cost of them, we swap some colors around? Idk, I don't get paid to think this stuff out! haha...I just know the more I think about it, you're right - whatever they do to her is going to be tricky, if only because she's been around since the beginning, so as soon as they make her playable, you're going to see her EVERYWHERE because a lot of people (myself included) have her at 13 covers and lvl 70, just waiting...
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:

Completely agree; yellow works with the lore, not with the game. Though I would also agree the "ends turn" clause needs to go. None of her abilities are good enough to end a turn.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Actually, blue/green is an easy fix. Drop the cost of blue to say 10, then make green 9, beef up the damage but have it destroy all force bubbles. This would do massive damage, not be any more expensive then 4hor combo and make her unique at the same time. Yellow just needs to be like 10 or 12

Okay... so now the blue green combo destroys the entire board and generates you like 40 AP? And yellow is still worthless on offense. You're kinda making it even clearer that it isn't an easy fix icon_razz.gif.
    tanis3303 wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Fair enough. I just hope whatever they do to her keeps the force bubble idea going in some capacity. It's a cool idea, and it's a neat trick to lock up important tiles like countdowns or Blade's attack tiles or Sentry's sacrifice tile...I don't think she's meant to be an offensive character per se, she's a different play style all together. We already have offensive powerhouses in Thorverine, it would be nice to see an actual GOOD support/defensive character in the 4* world, and I think her abilities as is are close to being awesome. Maybe in addition to lowering the cost of them, we swap some colors around? Idk, I don't get paid to think this stuff out! haha...I just know the more I think about it, you're right - whatever they do to her is going to be tricky, if only because she's been around since the beginning, so as soon as they make her playable, you're going to see her EVERYWHERE because a lot of people (myself included) have her at 13 covers and lvl 70, just waiting...

Yeah, I trust that whatever they do, they'll keep the flavor of the character intact. There's plenty of ways to make her playable, they just need to actually take the time to do so as opposed to something quick that wouldn't work. Invisibility in particular needs to have additional utility: just granting invisibility is just not a good ability in general.
  • Alexraven wrote:
    I wish they would make her bubbles act like Protect tiles that have to be matched twice to go away. She'd be a defense beast then.
    My thought along these lines is that Locked tiles are what need the upgrade, kinda like how trap tiles needed rethinking after DD's release.

What if locked tiles protected friendly tiles allowing them to function and remain active, but nullified enemy tiles until matched.

You could protect your X-Force's Recovery or shut down the opponent Blade's attack tiles. Unfortunately, the AI would never get it right, which would ruin it for most people.
    That would be.....
    Incredible.
  • tanis3303 wrote:

This is more an issue with the power of Xforce and 4hor than it is the weakness of IW.

With the mentioned fixes, she would, at least potentially, be an upper tier character.

But right now, in this game, if you aren't Thor or Xforce, you don't matter.
  • tanis3303 wrote:

This is more an issue with the power of Xforce and 4hor than it is the weakness of IW.

With the mentioned fixes, she would, at least potentially, be an upper tier character.

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I started playing I just grinded like a madman one time, There was a brand new shinny 4* character and I wanted to have it. Mind you back when, you could not click on the covers in rewards to see what the abilities were and I did not know about the forums.

I grinded with my **** 2* and got first only to see she was terrible icon_e_smile.gif - I would love to see her become useful
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    Alexraven wrote:

That would be.....
    Incredible.

Dare I say ...

"Fantastic"

icon_cool.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    right now the good 4* are all damage machines

would be cool to make a 4* support character, like the Loki of 4 starts
  • Alexraven wrote:

That was actually close to what my first idea was, but changed it due to thinking it would be harder to implement and changing bubbles to act like protect tiles would give her usefulness when not paired with or against someone that creates tiles. It would never be a wasted move. That being said, I'd be happy with either change as both are much better than she is now. Bubbles seem so useless to me at the moment, much like Web Tiles.

A stun ability would fit her character too. Putting the character in a force bubble where they can't hurt anyone.

Primarily, she needs to be a support/defensive character both to fit her character and fill a needed role in the 4* world.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

I disagree. I'm not going to get into LadyThor, but X-Force is a good example of what a 4*'s power level should be. Most people consider Fury a sidegrade to a good 3* like LazyThor and for good reason: Fury isn't worth the investment because his power level isn't as high as X-Force. The mentioned fixes would probably put her at around top-tier 3* status, but I thought 4*'s were supposed to be significantly more powerful than a 3*. The fixes don't put her to that power level, and so she'll still need a rework later anyways.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally, being a protective mother, I think she should produce protect tiles. Not just 1 or 2 little regular ones either. Like Falcons purple, only a LOT more powerful. After all, putting up invisible force shields is one of her most popular abilities, not to mention one that she uses an awful lot in the comics. Or maybe she could wrap an enemy in a force bubble, stunning them for a few turns. Or both.

But as a 4*, and one of the most powerful characters in Marvel, she should, IMO, do a level of damage equal to, or greater than Xforce.
This discussion has been closed.