**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ecir2002 wrote:
    NooTs wrote:
    Is there a rework incoming for invisible woman?
    Thought i saw something the other day that alluded to it
    Cant find so maybe someone here knows ?

They mentioned it in the interview a month or so ago that they plan to rework beast, she hulk, doc oct, and Sue Storm.

I think they mentioned Rag's third skill first, then she-hulk/doc oc/invis. As I recall there was no mention of beast.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    NooTs wrote:
    Is there a rework incoming for invisible woman?
    Thought i saw something the other day that alluded to it
    Cant find so maybe someone here knows ?

They mentioned it in the interview a month or so ago that they plan to rework beast, she hulk, doc oct, and Sue Storm.

I think they mentioned Rag's third skill first, then she-hulk/doc oc/invis. As I recall there was no mention of beast.

Yeah. I missed rag. I knew there was one more, but I couldn't place it.
  • I support this post. I've been advocating for an IW rebalance for a while now and I'm even putting action behind words: I've been gathering her covers recently. Almost fully covered now. Any pressure to get her rebalance prioritized is appreciated. Thank you.
  • daibar wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Or make her yellow passive: any damaging move that targets her has a %chance to completely miss. Forget the tile business entirely and make her invisible. Then take turn ending off of her green and change nothing else. She now has the capability to go infinite and is quite difficult to remove.

I was trying to think of something similar, but wasn't sure how it should work:
    Idea 1:
    If Sue Storm is dealt X damage or more, destroy a random yellow tile (Does not generate AP). If that yellow tile was an invisibility tile, Sue Storm dodges the attack and instead takes 0 damage.
    Passive: At the beginning of the turn, Sue Storm places a yellow invisibility tile on a basic yellow tile.

Idea 2:
    If Sue Storm takes damage while an invisibility tile is out, a random yellow tile is destroyed instead. If the tile destroyed is not the invisibility tile, the attack misses, dealing 0 damage.
    11 AP: Sue Storm places an invisibility tile on a random yellow tile.

Either one makes invisibility powerful enough to be worth using, eg a 4* ability, while taking into account battle fatigue by reducing the number of yellow tiles when she dodges. It also allows the ability to stack the power, without necessarily being too overpowering. Downside is that her Achilles Heel would be X-Force's Surgical Strike, but he is a master assassin. Barring that, it also makes her more dangerous in a long battle, as she effectively changes the environment to enable to her hide better.

Along these same lines, maybe something like:

Invisibility (Yellow Passive) - If IW would take more than XXX damage in a turn and the team has at least 10 Yellow AP stored up, 10 Yellow are spent and all damage to IW this turn is completely negated, and an X-turn trap/countdown tile (only visible to friendly team) is created on a random basic tile. As long as there is one of these tiles exists, IW cannot be targeted by any enemy moves or matches and can only be harmed by AOE damage or self-inflicted damage (such as by matching a trap tile).
  • The D3 team also believes Invisible Woman needs a rework. They said as much in the January Q&A. In the Februar Q&A I have asked them when they more specificly believe that the rework will happen. If you like, you could go and up vote my question so it is more likely it will get answered. My question is found on page 6 in the February Q&A thread.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    This is more an issue with the power of Xforce and 4hor than it is the weakness of IW.
    But right now, in this game, if you aren't Thor or Xforce, you don't matter.

I am sorry I can not really agree with either statements. icon_cry.gif
    First off we all matter. You can get first place without Disney Princess Thor. I will agree that Xforce makes things easier, but there are other combos out there that are decent. You don't have to have Disney Princess Thor. icon_razz.gif
    Take for instance Hood with X force. icon_exclaim.gif
    You can still rapidly climb with a 2 star combo of Storm and Magneto with full boosting and make top 10 with shield hopping.

Yeah, because getting to top 5 with the 300-500HP that XHood takes or the 2k HP that MNM C. Storm would take is obviously just as good as the 0HP it takes for Xor to get there. You can say that characters besides xor "matter", but you're kidding yourself if you don't think that Xor is miles better than any other team you can field right now: I would consider saving an extra 600+ HP and hours of your life per PvP a huge advantage.
  • Larimar wrote:
    The D3 team also believes Invisible Woman needs a rework. They said as much in the January Q&A. In the Februar Q&A I have asked them when they more specificly believe that the rework will happen. If you like, you could go and up vote my question so it is more likely it will get answered. My question is found on page 6 in the February Q&A thread.

Its actually page 7. I too made a question about it and have been posting about her being fixed. My question is on page 8.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I suggest just replacing IW with The Thing or Mr. Fantastic until they figure it out. just give everyone who already has IW a Thing or Mr F in exchange as compensation for holding a useless character for so long! Swap them out cover for cover and at the same level so people who actually invested in her are rewarded.

Invisible Woman is a support character, always has been. The game is only 3v3, it's pretty tough to sacrifice 1 spot for a support character, unless they are very useful, as OBW is for midlevel players. IW ought to have abilities that mute the enemy's powers while defending the friendly's. At reasonable cost. And they should play on being INVISIBLE, like Daredevil's do.

Toss bubbles and crush. They're useless and beyond salvaging.

1st Power: Grant Invisibility is a perfect representation of IW classic role in comics, but it's way too expensive. It should last 1 turn, and start at 7AP, reducing to 3AP as it's leveled up. And the player should get to choose who is invisible. As an option, make it last longer, maybe 3 turns, but break if that character uses a special attack. Another possible option, as a trade for longer duration, throw in an invisible trap tile that, if matched, ends the invisibility.

2nd Power: Team shield that absorbs all damage and directs and reduces it to IW. Possibly throw in invisible countdown trap tile(s) that, if matched, cause damage to IW. Countdown ends, shield ends.

3rd Power: Invisible Protect tile(s) that only hamper damage from Special Attacks OR increase the AP costs of the opponents special attacks.

Those are my ideas anyway!
  • Why?!?! Why do you tease up with Sue? I saw the cover changed so I got really excited and went straight to the move set and what do I see? No changes at all. Please just fix her already...
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Why?!?! Why do you tease up with Sue? I saw the cover changed so I got really excited and went straight to the move set and what do I see? No changes at all. Please just fix her already...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24686 she's not the only changed cover.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    Why?!?! Why do you tease up with Sue? I saw the cover changed so I got really excited and went straight to the move set and what do I see? No changes at all. Please just fix her already...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24686 she's not the only changed cover.

I know. Someone in my alliance said something about the covers changed and he's was the first one I saw that changed... Still disappointed.
  • This would be a good time to re-introduce Invisible Woman icon_invisiblewoman.png. I would be excited.

Possible, or wishful thinking? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Discuss!
  • You're right it would be great timing indeed. I've been advocating for her buff for some time now and have even pushed for the last few covers I need when she's up as a 1k prog -- if that doesn't show dedication, I don't know what does. I reckon it will take some time though before they rework IW. I gathered that a lot of time went into developing her the first time around and her powers are quite unique in that they took special code/testing. Given that, you'd suspect they want to find a way to preserve what is special about her yet beef her up. Might take time. I'd rather be patient and have them get it right though than rush them. Nonetheless, I'd totally dig it if they buffed her during women's month! The only more exciting thing I could imagine for women's month is to release my all time fave, Rogue, as a new character.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    The IW buff would be amazing for WoM March. She needs it pretty bad and I've had her covered forever but never had the heart to dump iso into her. It'd be nice if they gave me a reason to.
  • Agreed, it is time!
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think she is only invisible to dev. HaHa, but seriously it would be nice.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Couldn't they buff her by just lowering the costs of her powers? Then they wouldn't need to worry about messing with the coding.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Couldn't they buff her by just lowering the costs of her powers? Then they wouldn't need to worry about messing with the coding.

Nah. Invisibility is just rubbish, you constantly blow up your own shields made from her blue, and nothing about her green power merits a turn end. Her base mechanics all need rework.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Little do you all know, she's going to be required for everything this month, and is going to be buffed for every PvE and PvP event. They're just not going to tell you beforehand icon_razz.gif
  • I was thinking the same thing. Right now is good a time as any to give her the power she properly deserves.
This discussion has been closed.