**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qiwi-mpq wrote:
    Dino's purple is 3 and once in a while can cause cascades...

I think it's unlikely at 3 blue that it can cause that much havoc. The enemy isn't stun locked or anything, the board doesn't shakeup to make more blue, and technically you are getting less bubbles per AP compared to the original ability. If bullseyes in pve can make insane defense tiles off a passive and not break the game, IW should be just fine at 3 AP.

And I don't understand why yogi is on a crusade to make her a 3* lol.

That purple is meant as a joke power and the devs have no intention of doing a legit power so cheaply again, they have stated so a number of times in the past.

And hardly a crusade, the devs have shown no interest in working on her for months and months and despite many threads about it, there is still no word - so it's clearly not any sort of priority for them. If you had her a 3* and kept her largely the same, there is less expectation that she is supposed to be any better. It's just a thought I had, not really going to matter to the game either way.

The question now though is (and based on the above link in my thread), given the Marvel attitude to FF (which the devs would have to follow as part of their licensing conditions, one would think), are we going to see her improved at all?
  • I'm starting to get really mad about Sue Storm not getting a rework. I'm not sure why the devs are ignoring her. Since she has come out they officially released Nick Fury in the packs, they fixed XForce and made him the best character in the game, they released DD during the anniversary week, and they created Thor and Electra. Something is wrong about this... Can we get any word if and when they plan to fix her?
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Invisible Woman Changes Coming! circa January 2014.
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2184&p=30817&hilit=Invisible+Woman+Changes+Coming%21#p30817

4-star heroes are intended to be formidable, end-game caliber opponents. Prior to this revision, Invisible Woman (one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel canon) wasn't fulfilling her role, or rating, as intended. Did somebody call her bag-lady icon_e_smile.gif ?

This tuneup should help establish her as a legendary team-mate.

Remember that post? It was back in January of 2014. It was when they got upset about Invisible woman being called Bag Lady.

Guess what, she still needs upgrading to be considered anything but a booby prize. Heck, Devil Dinosaur is more useful than Bag Lady. The only three star character I would not take over her is Beast, now that Loki and Dare Devil have been upgraded.

Please take Invisible Woman out of the 4 star rotation of cover packs next season and upgrade her.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think back to that time. There was also another 4 star.png character that sucked. Which would be X farce. No one ever used him, not even if he were maxed. Because at the time, he barely rated 2 star.png 's.

But look at Xforce today. Considered by some to be the most dominate character in the game now. Certainly worthy of 4 star.png status.

Let's hope that someday soon, IW gets a similar make over.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    Think back to that time. There was also another 4 star.png character that sucked. Which would be X farce. No one ever used him, not even if he were maxed. Because at the time, he barely rated 2 star.png 's.

But look at Xforce today. Considered by some to be the most dominate character in the game now. Certainly worthy of 4 star.png status.

Let's hope that someday soon, IW gets a similar make over.

Agreed I have her and use her occasionally
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    iLL619 wrote:

For what exactly? Cannon fodder? Have you seen the character rankings recently? She ranks around 30.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18101

Not those rankings were done before the changes to Daredevil and Loki.
    So it is safe to say that the majority of the MPQ community ranks her below EVERY three star and about a third of the 2 star characters.
    She is supposed to be a special reward, but instead you are considered "Special" for using her.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    iLL619 wrote:

For what exactly? Cannon fodder? Have you seen the character rankings recently? She ranks around 30.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18101

Not those rankings were done before the changes to Daredevil and Loki.
    So it is safe to say that the majority of the MPQ community ranks her below EVERY three star and about a third of the 2 star characters.
    She is supposed to be a special reward, but instead you are considered "Special" for using her.

If my other heroes are injured or if they boost her for pve I use her other than that like u said she's useless
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My idea for rebalence.

yellow (passive):
    Level 1: each turn there is 11 yellow tiles on the board create 1 force bubble at random. This tile is locked until matched. The tile is not destroyed.
    Level 2: lower cost to 9
    level 3: creates 2 bubbles
    level 4: lower cost to 7
    level 5: lower cost to 5

blue 10ap:
    Level 1: destroy 2 force bubbles at random dealing 400 for each destroyed.
    level 2: increase damage to 450 for each destroyed.
    level 3: destroy 3 bubbles.
    level 4: damage increased to 500 for each destroyed
    level 5: destroy all bubbles
    Max level 1000 per bubble destroyed.

green 7 ap:
    Level 1: destroy 1 force bubble and heal your team by 300
    Level 2: destroy 1 bubble and heal team for 400 and drain (not steal) 2 random ap from enemy team
    level 3: destroy 2 bubbles and heal the team for 500 points.
    level 4: drains 3 ap
    level 5: destroy all bubbles and heal team for 700. Steal 3 random ap.
    max level heal for 1300
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    I'm starting to get really mad about Sue Storm not getting a rework. I'm not sure why the devs are ignoring her. Since she has come out they officially released Nick Fury in the packs, they fixed XForce and made him the best character in the game, they released DD during the anniversary week, and they created Thor and Electra. Something is wrong about this... Can we get any word if and when they plan to fix her?

Totally agree. If we are moving towards a 4* end game, this re-balance needs to happen sooner rather than later.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For multiwave survival modes, Invisible Woman is a pretty good character.

Once she gets up to speed in the first wave, she can bubble-lock all enemy tiles and get a good protect tile. After that, she can start gathering 24 AP for each use of 9 greentile.png . In a typical battle, that's near the point where the battle is over, and the AP isn't helpful. But with Survival mode and Waves, IW starts being useful by the end of the first wave, and stays useful.

I'm not sure who her best partners are, yet. Maybe Falcon - Invis Woman - Human Torch. Get some Fantastic 4 action going, with a rainbow team.

EDIT: Falcon - Invis Woman - Human Torch works amazingly well against Survival Mode. By the third wave, I had strong protect tiles all over the place, 2 characters invisible, and enough extra AP to trigger all powers. It was easy to erase enemy tiles from the board. The First Wave was still fairly tough, but IW had a total lockdown soon after.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For multiwave survival modes, Invisible Woman is a pretty good character.

Once she gets up to speed in the first wave, she can bubble-lock all enemy tiles and get a good protect tile. After that, she can start gathering 24 AP for each use of 9 greentile.png . In a typical battle, that's near the point where the battle is over, and the AP isn't helpful. But with Survival mode and Waves, IW starts being useful by the end of the first wave, and stays useful.

I'm not sure who her best partners are, yet. Maybe Falcon - Invis Woman - Human Torch. Get some Fantastic 4 action going, with a rainbow team.

EDIT: Falcon - Invis Woman - Human Torch works amazingly well against Survival Mode. By the third wave, I had strong protect tiles all over the place, 2 characters invisible, and enough extra AP to trigger all powers. It was easy to erase enemy tiles from the board. The First Wave was still fairly tough, but IW had a total lockdown soon after.

I just played my first survival nodes and was thinking I might level my IW for the same reasons. I still think she needs rebalancing, but it's nice to see she gained some relevance with these nodes.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seeing Elektra can essentially nullify any attacks with her blackflag.png it got me thinking that the Invisible Woman should have a similar ability with her yellowflag.png for herself.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    I don't like the idea of a 4* that generates ap. 4*s are meant to have extremely strong abilities that are incredibly good at what they do. If a 4* had an ability that had the specific purpose of generating AP, it would have to be something that would surpass hood's ability. And that would be game breaking.
    Uh....what? Both of the 4*s people actually use are AP generation machines. SS is just plain silly, and charged tiles everywhere make those 10-AP moves 1 match and change
  • I brought her out while testing Luke Cage and I found that if you bubble every blue tile, no protect tile is generated, but if you bubble all but 1 blue tile then the protect tile will always be generated on the tile you did not bubble. This makes it pretty trivial to protect her protect tile if you're into that kind of thing, though the placement would hardly be ideal for detonating the bubbles later.

I didn't try with Invisibility but I'd assume you could bubble all but one yellow tile before casting Invisibility and get the same thing. At that point the only way those tiles can be destroyed is by a match 4 or an ability that directly destroys tiles since all the matchable tiles of that color are locked. Well, new ones will eventually drop down but it should take a pretty long time before they matter.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honeslty, I like her powers as is, if they just cost less. She could be amazing, but in the current meta, she's worthless because if you have that much AP, there are just better things to do with it. (X-Force, Power Surge, any yellow ability etc)

Everything she does is annoying, so if you can start annoying people sooner rather than right about the time you could otherwise win with the AP collected to actually fire off one of her powers, I think I would level and use her.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    I think any rework of Invisible Woman should replace Force Bubbles with Protect tiles. From there it's just a matter of retooling her powers to balance her with the other 4 Star characters. I'm not sure what numbers would be balanced, but I'd like to see the following mechanical changes.
      Grant Invisibility - 9 yellowtile.png
      The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Turn a chosen basic Yellow tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile. While the Countdown tile is active, the invisible character can't be targeted. If the Countdown tile is matched or resolved, restore 2 yellowtile.png.
        Level 2: Lasts 4 turns Level 3: Restores 4
      yellowtile.png
      Level 4: Lasts 5 turns
      Level 5: Restores 6 yellowtile.png
        Force Shields - 7 bluetile.png
        Susan focuses her power to block the enemy and save the team. Convert any chosen tile into a Blue Protect tile with a strength of 22. Also, a random basic tile is converted into a Protect tile of the same strength.
          Level 2: Random tile may also convert enemy Protect tiles. Level 3: Increases Protect tile strength to 45. Random tile may also convert enemy Attack and Strike tiles. Level 4: Random tile may also convert enemy countdown tiles. Level 5: Increases Protect tile strength to 90. Creates a second random Protect tile.
        Max Level: 360 Protect Tile
          Force Field Explosion - 11 greentile.png
          Invisible Woman shatters 1 random Protect tile and the surrounding 3x3 area, dealing 51 damage to the enemy team. If there are no Protect tiles on the board, she creates a strength 22 Protect tile in a random location. This ability ends the turn. Generates AP.
            Level 2: Shatters or places 2 Protect tiles Level 3: Each shattered Protect tile does 102 damage, increases Protect tile strength to 45. Level 4: Shatters or places 3 Protect tiles Level 5: Each shattered Protect tile does 205 damage, increases Protect tile strength to 90. Reduce all enemy AP by 1 for each Protect tile shattered.
          Max Level: 881 damage for each shattered Protect tile, 360 Protect tile
        • Etheus wrote:
          I think any rework of Invisible Woman should replace Force Bubbles with Protect tiles. From there it's just a matter of retooling her powers to balance her with the other 4 Star characters. I'm not sure what numbers would be balanced, but I'd like to see the following mechanical changes.
            Grant Invisibility - 9 yellowtile.png
            The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Turn a chosen basic Yellow tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile. While the Countdown tile is active, the invisible character can't be targeted. If the Countdown tile is matched or resolved, restore 2 yellowtile.png.
              Level 2: Lasts 4 turns Level 3: Restores 4
            yellowtile.png
            Level 4: Lasts 5 turns
            Level 5: Restores 6 yellowtile.png
              Force Shields - 7 bluetile.png
              Susan focuses her power to block the enemy and save the team. Convert any chosen tile into a Blue Protect tile with a strength of 22. Also, a random basic tile is converted into a Protect tile of the same strength.
                Level 2: Random tile may also convert enemy Protect tiles. Level 3: Increases Protect tile strength to 45. Random tile may also convert enemy Attack and Strike tiles. Level 4: Random tile may also convert enemy countdown tiles. Level 5: Increases Protect tile strength to 90. Creates a second random Protect tile.
              Max Level: 360 Protect Tile
                Force Field Explosion - 11 greentile.png
                Invisible Woman shatters 1 random Protect tile and the surrounding 3x3 area, dealing 51 damage to the enemy team. If there are no Protect tiles on the board, she creates a strength 22 Protect tile in a random location. This ability ends the turn. Generates AP.
                  Level 2: Shatters or places 2 Protect tiles Level 3: Each shattered Protect tile does 102 damage, increases Protect tile strength to 45. Level 4: Shatters or places 3 Protect tiles Level 5: Each shattered Protect tile does 205 damage, increases Protect tile strength to 90. Reduce all enemy AP by 1 for each Protect tile shattered.
                Max Level: 881 damage for each shattered Protect tile, 360 Protect tile
                7 blue for 1080 protection? damn that would be powerful.
              • Kolence
                Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
                Options
                onimus wrote:
                But 8 green for 3k damage and a decent chance to destroy some of those protect tiles directly or by cascades is still stronger.
              • Etheus
                Etheus Posts: 56
                Options
                Kolence wrote:
                onimus wrote:
                But 8 green for 3k damage and a decent chance to destroy some of those protect tiles directly or by cascades is still stronger.

I think Protect tiles are completely overvalued by the developers. Once match damage is blocked, any additional value of a protect tile only factors versus damage abilities, Attack tiles, and other strike tiles. They are more powerful than attack tiles, but much,much weaker than strike tiles which benefit damage abilities and critical matches. I haven't really looked at the math, but I should see how it compares to attack tile abilities.

When 7 red can destroy any number of protect tiles and deal damage, is there any strength of protect tiles that is too powerful?
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                Options
                Invisible Woman (Classic)
                4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
                At Max Level: HP:8220 Tile damage:82/11/73/09/64/10/3.0

Grant Invisibility - 12
                The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Turn a chosen basic tile into an 3 turn Invisibility CD tile. While it's on the board, the invisible character can't be targeted. When CD expires create 1 random Force Bubble on a random tile
                Level 2: CD tile 4 turns
                Level 3: Create 2 Random Force Bubble
                Level 4: CD tile last 5 turns
                Level 5: CD tile lasts 6 turns and if destroyed or resolved, creates 3 Random Force Bubbles

Force Bubbles - 10
                Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile with a strength of 42.
                Level 2: Locks 5 chosen tiles.
                Level 3: Increases Protect tile strength to 92.
                Level 4: Locks 8 chosen tiles.
                Level 5: Increases Protect tile strength to 185 and you place tile on any basic tile.
                Max Level: 678 Protect Tile

Force Field Crush - 9
                Invisible Woman shatters a 3x3 area around 1 random Force Bubble, dealing 84 damage and unlocking but not destroying it. If there are no Force Bubbles on the board, she creates 1 in a random location.
                Level 2: Unlocks or places 2 Force Bubbles
                Level 3: Each unlocked Force Bubble does 168 damage
                Level 4: Unlocks or places 3 Force Bubbles
                Level 5: Unlocks all Force Bubbles does 336 damage
                Max Level: 1448 damage for each released bubble

This is how you reblance her, you don't change much, make invisibilty cost less and just tweak Colossu's yellow, blue just lower the cost, and green double the damage, but get rid of the generate AP and the end turn feature. This blue green combo for 11K is no more than 4hor Surge/Smite combo.
              This discussion has been closed.