**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My idea was to change yellow to create an invis tile like it currently does, while active all damage taken is reduced by 15/25/35/45/60% (similar to colossus but for entire team). Make it like 7 or 8 AP. This would seriously slow down the enemy if it goes off and potentially make her a top target.

Drop her blue to create 4 bubbles and a half strength protect tile for 7 blue AP (basically cut the ability in half).

Leave green as is (or change color to purple - I'd consider using her over Nick Fury if they had the same colors).

Not stellar on offense but her yellow going off can protect you against level 395 PvE mobs. Potentially annoying on defense in pvp
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    I too agree on changing her Green to purple for diversity.. I already obtained 11 of her covers (so far 3rd legendary to have so many covers after X force and Devil Dino) . Still sitting there useless until she get a buff. D3 should stop releasing new characters until they give her a proper treatment as a legendary character
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The last two times the AI used Force Field crush as a team-up, the tiles chosen were my special tiles. Is this a new thing or am I just unlucky?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't even regret it.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    I did the same with Xforce, and then they announced the buff. D3 will make you regret it, eventually.
  • I built a second copy, just in case...
  • dkffiv
    Options
    I'm running out of things to level so I took my Invis Woman to level 221. She's actually fun to play (ran loaner Invis Pyslocke in attempt to tank my MMR but no one wanted to fight me), got her blue off 3 times for over 2k worth of protect tiles and totally messed up the board with all the lockdowns. If her numbers were slightly cheaper she'd probably be a very solid PvE hero.
  • My IW is 5/0/0 after selling an additional 3 yellow covers I decided the game really wanted me to have yellow IWs so I started a second one with my 9th Yellow.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    lol...post of the day for sure.

I was of the same position and have sold a good 5 or 6 covers? Then I got the fear and have been saving them recently.
  • I recently got three of her in one week, from event tokens. I've not really leveled her much, but I'm hoping she'll be made into something usable.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I once kept saved 9 useless 4* covers just in case. Then they buffed XForce. I was glad I saved them.
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Serious question, what is considered the best build for IW, 3/5/5? I'm asking because if the rumours are true and 2 of the 9 nodes in the new daily PvE are survival nodes, sustained play characters are going to rule.
  • I once had a 5/5/3 XF when Enraged Slash was the jam. I leveled him up to like 200 before finally realizing he was terrible. He was buffed and suddenly I had an all-star. This was before I used the forums of course. The point is Invisi Woman is gonna pop off one day. You'll wish you had her.
  • Arondite
    Options
    3uphoria wrote:
    I once had a 5/5/3 XF when Enraged Slash was the jam. I leveled him up to like 200 before finally realizing he was terrible. He was buffed and suddenly I had an all-star. This was before I used the forums of course. The point is Invisi Woman is gonna pop off one day. You'll wish you had her.
    I'll never wish I had her. Lol. She might become good but I won't be sour.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Serious question, what is considered the best build for IW, 3/5/5? I'm asking because if the rumours are true and 2 of the 9 nodes in the new daily PvE are survival nodes, sustained play characters are going to rule.

Her HP is abysmal. Mine's up to 228 now and she only has 6936 HP. 3/5/5 is theoretically best but in actual gameplay I tended not to want to use green b/c there was a pretty high chance I'd blow up my own protect tiles. Placing 8 bubble basically forces you to either cluster them all in a corner and make green useless or spread them out and make green a crapshoot. She would be significantly better with a 7 AP blue, 4 bubble 400 protect tile move, it would greatly increase green's QoL.
  • 3uphoria wrote:
    I once had a 5/5/3 XF when Enraged Slash was the jam. I leveled him up to like 200 before finally realizing he was terrible. He was buffed and suddenly I had an all-star. This was before I used the forums of course. The point is Invisi Woman is gonna pop off one day. You'll wish you had her.

I'm waiting for that day. Right now, she's got the highest level cap of all my characters by 61 levels.

What I'm hoping for is a complete reboot like X-Force got. My IW is 5/3/3, so a complete do-over on Grant Invisibility would be super-great.

I'm thinking, "Force Fields In Your Brain," or, "Grant Invisibility to Your Frickin' Eyeballs," or, "Suffocation."

Like, she puts a force bubble around the enemy's head, and they get a 3-turn countdown before they fall over dead.

But, I mean, this is a gal who can give you an embolism with her mind. At the very least, if she made your eyes invisible, you'd be blind. Can she blind the enemy team? Like, use the Invisibility tile, but make the entire board invisible to the enemy.

Sue Storm could insta-kill any character in the Marvel Universe, save for telepaths, cosmic beings, time-jumpers, and immortals. If you can't hear her thoughts and you can die, then you are dead.

Wolverine couldn't stop her. Okay, I'm not sure if his claws can get past her force fields, but she can definitely encase herself in a field so he doesn't smell her coming. And then she puts a force field around his whole brain and expands it until his head pops.

Point is, she does deserve to be a 4* character, but those typically need to be the type you wouldn't want to fight. Sue's got terrible HP, which is fair. Her body would be normal. But we have that fake healing thing now, and that's really just force field technology. She needs an automatic fake healing factor. Like, every time she's damaged, she automatically fake heals to her maximum HP at the end of the turn, and the only way to beat her is to kill her entire life total in one turn.

Come on, even Groot does that.
  • Arondite
    Options
    3uphoria wrote:

I'm waiting for that day. Right now, she's got the highest level cap of all my characters by 61 levels.

What I'm hoping for is a complete reboot like X-Force got. My IW is 5/3/3, so a complete do-over on Grant Invisibility would be super-great.

I'm thinking, "Force Fields In Your Brain," or, "Grant Invisibility to Your Frickin' Eyeballs," or, "Suffocation."

Like, she puts a force bubble around the enemy's head, and they get a 3-turn countdown before they fall over dead.

But, I mean, this is a gal who can give you an embolism with her mind. At the very least, if she made your eyes invisible, you'd be blind. Can she blind the enemy team? Like, use the Invisibility tile, but make the entire board invisible to the enemy.

Sue Storm could insta-kill any character in the Marvel Universe, save for telepaths, cosmic beings, time-jumpers, and immortals. If you can't hear her thoughts and you can die, then you are dead.

Wolverine couldn't stop her. Okay, I'm not sure if his claws can get past her force fields, but she can definitely encase herself in a field so he doesn't smell her coming. And then she puts a force field around his whole brain and expands it until his head pops.

Pretty much all current incarnations of Wolverine would survive this. The man regenerated from being a single blood cell.

Further, it'd be more efficient / wiser to squeeze Wolverine's brain rather than try to expand through the adamantium in his skill. Much less effort for the same effect (which is temporary incapacitation, not total defeat).

Point is, she does deserve to be a 4* character, but those typically need to be the type you wouldn't want to fight. Sue's got terrible HP, which is fair. Her body would be normal. But we have that fake healing thing now, and that's really just force field technology. She needs an automatic fake healing factor. Like, every time she's damaged, she automatically fake heals to her maximum HP at the end of the turn, and the only way to beat her is to kill her entire life total in one turn.

In terms of game balance, that's stupid-op.

Come on, even Groot does that.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I know there have been many suggesting this in the past, but Invisible Woman is unequivocally the WORST 4* character. Previously there weren't many, but now that there are 6 other 4* characters this gap has become more and more apparent.

So, the question becomes HOW could Invisible Woman be changed to make her at the very least in the same league as the other 4* characters.

Here's a few quick ideas:

What if her Blue included a passive that as long as she is active (not stunned), force bubbles were only locked for the opposing team?

What if her Green included a passive that would randomly create a Force Bubble at the start of each turn (thus negating the secondary function of creating Force Bubbles when none exist)?

What if her Yellow acted more like Electra's Black?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    So I know there have been many suggesting this in the past, but Invisible Woman is unequivocally the WORST 4* character. Previously there weren't many, but now that there are 6 other 4* characters this gap has become more and more apparent.

So, the question becomes HOW could Invisible Woman be changed to make her at the very least in the same league as the other 4* characters.

Here's a few quick ideas:

What if her Blue included a passive that as long as she is active (not stunned), force bubbles were only locked for the opposing team?

What if her Green included a passive that would randomly create a Force Bubble at the start of each turn (thus negating the secondary function of creating Force Bubbles when none exist)?

What if her Yellow acted more like Electra's Black?

I"m not sure I would say worst. I think her and Elketra could both argue for bottom spot. Invisible Womans' biggest problem is the lack of damage. I mean if her green exploded all the tiles, she would do some serious damage and who cares if it ended the turn, but her blue/green combo is stronger than anything Elkektra could do.
  • Seriously, this **** is shameful. It makes you guys look like amateurs. Awful new 4*s is fine, but you went through the trouble of fixing xforce, will it take a year to get to the other 4*?
This discussion has been closed.