[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Options

Comments

• The daily PVE is actually an awesome news for us 2*->3* transitioners. Hopefully they'll throw in a lot of ISO and that'll make the vets somewhat happy as well!

Just wondering, do we know the ETA for this? I know the 8 hour refresh nodes are around the corner and I'm guessing Starlord will be released in not the next PVE but the one after.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:
    9 different nodes/day
    So... is this a 3* per day for five days? Or something like one guaranteed 3* for completing the 5-day PvE?

My cynical self tells me it's more likely the latter. icon_e_sad.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm betting it'll be similar to the daily-challenge reward model seen in other F2P games, such as Sega's Sonic Dash and Halfbrick's Jetpack Joyride. You get a set of challenges (in this case nine PvE nodes) that refresh daily, and completing them on consecutive days gives you escalating rewards leading up to the big prize on day 5, after which you start from the beginning again. So if you complete the daily challenge every day you'd get, just as a for-instance:

Day 1. Standard token
    Day 2. 250 ISO-8
    Day 3. 25 HP
    Day 4. 500 ISO-8
    Day 5. Guaranteed 3* cover

And then back to the standard token on Day 6. If it does follow that model, my question is whether it would be a universal five-day cycle, such that anybody who misses Day 1 would have to wait four days for it to start again, or whether the rewards are determined just based on what you personally have done. In other words, if I do the daily challenges on January 20 and 21, but you skip them, and then we both do the next three days, on Jan. 25 am I on Day 1 while you're on Day 4, or does the cycle restart for everybody at once?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,235 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

The semi-downside is that it's another game mode that you have to juggle along with all the others.

If the new 8 hour refreshes does indeed stick around, this new daily mode will be another outlet to give those folks who need constant MPQ their fix. Personally, being one who does pve and pvp, I hope the 8 hour refreshes has a positive impact and acceptance. 8 hours is more than enough time to pvp and do the daily while waiting for Healthpacks to regenerate. With shield cooldowns in place, I find myself playing pvp a lot earlier instead of zerging it in the last 4-5 hours while shield hopping.

Guaranteed 3*? If this is true, why wouldn't you do this every day? I imagine this would be semi-difficult and squeezing this in with the old 2.5 hour refresh (realistically, 2 hours min if you clear fast) plus pvp almost guarantees buying healthpacks or just skipping pve/pvp if you don't buy healthpacks (which I know many do not).

this will turn off a lot of new players. You can only play PVP for an hour tops before you slam into the 3 star wall. So its either having me play 3 to 4 hours on your severs grinding in the PVE meaning more cash for them (12 hours) or just 1 hour and no cash cause my people are 2 stars and i have no chance at beatting the 3 star wall and getting into the top 100.

I know im leaving if the 8 hour reset keeps up for good

maybe this 3 star thing is to help people like me who just go into this game a few months back. We can grind like crazy in PVE and get the rewards but cant get the 3 star cover. Then again who needs 3 stars when the star to push 4 stars and your 3 stars will just get crushed like your 2 stars are getting crushed by 3 now LOL
  • turul wrote:
    dider152 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    *snip*

So obviously you were right on with who was next to be spotlighted, so I guess you are the go to guy on these forums for sneak peaks. Question is, how do you know all this? Do they have an FTP server that they allow you to look at?

I just examine the contents of (local) MPQ game files. Searching for human readable data...

I'm looking in a hex editor, and I see a bunch of files names, but not stuff like the ability descriptions - where do you get those?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want to make a friendly suggestion to have the conversation of specifics in private. I don't want anybody to get in trouble. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    9 different nodes/day

Ouch. 45 Nodes for a single 3* Cover? It'll help, no doubt, but I was hoping for something just -slightly- less tedious.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    Ouch. 45 Nodes for a single 3* Cover? It'll help, no doubt, but I was hoping for something just -slightly- less tedious.
    Over the course of 5 days, that's not bad. 9 nodes is a pretty standard PvE subevent.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Over the course of 5 days, that's not bad. 9 nodes is a pretty standard PvE subevent.

That's a lot of playtime for someone with a middling roster.

I managed to get into a top 100 alliance and have event/pvp requirements I feel obligated to meet so that I'm not dead weight to my alliance. I have a weak 2 Star roster with a very underdeveloped, uncovered 3 Star begginning. Even over 5 days, 45 Nodes is a lot of extra play time, and I don't get a lot between work, Law and family. I have a feeling I won't be able to complete these nodes very regularly, and that is a downer haha.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

This isn't the issue as such. It's on top of PvE, PvP, LR, etc etc. People will not end up playing that much more, so the time is going to have to come from some other format (which in turn slightly reduces opportunity for cover gaining there).

And what if you've got a couple of hard or deadly nodes at the end and it takes a few times to get through them. On top of everything else, this is a lot of effort (time) for one cover which you may or may not want / need (would so love if you had some sort of say in which cover you could get).

We just have to wait for more details to see how acquiring the cover actually works.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Trisul wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

This isn't the issue as such. It's on top of PvE, PvP, LR, etc etc. People will not end up playing that much more, so the time is going to have to come from some other format (which in turn slightly reduces opportunity for cover gaining there).

And what if you've got a couple of hard or deadly nodes at the end and it takes a few times to get through them. This is a lot of effort for one cover which you may or may not want / need (would so love if you had some sort of say in which cover you could get).

We just have to wait for more details to see how acquiring the cover actually works.

Between shield cooldowns and 8hr refreshes people should probably have a fair amount of extra playtime available.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Between shield cooldowns and 8hr refreshes people should probably have a fair amount of extra playtime available.

Totally understand that as well, but I imagine many people want / have stuff to do out of this game, rather than fill their "free" game time with more new game time.

I guess once everyone tries it to start, people will soon start finding what they want to play and play the modes that are most suitable to them. eg. I imagine people who don't play PvP much will take to this eagerly with only a minimal lessening of multi-day PvE time. Heavy PvP players might take it up and reduce their multi-day PvE time. Some people might not care for it at all. etc. etc.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    9 nodes isn't some massive amount of content though it's basically 1 PvE refresh cycle added in compared to the 5 that 8hr refreshes removes that's still a pretty big amount of extra 'free' time you gain even if you play everything. Some people will still obviously complain and not be able to do everything but anyone who was doing everything under the old 2.5-3hr refresh is still going to be able to do everything and have more free time to boot.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its not like doing this content is required by any means either: the motivated people can grind this and the people who dont have time can skip it.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its not like doing this content is required by any means either: the motivated people can grind this and the people who dont have time can skip it.

Agree. I only play pve when I have the time to grind, and play one LR in the evening. There is no need to play everything.

I would say that the more game modes you have, the more choices you have with your time. Just choose one that appeals to you the most.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sense some Thick as Thieves since last client update icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul wrote:
    I sense some Thick as Thieves since last client update icon_e_smile.gif

Turul I scout these forums for your spoiler posts! I love em!! Keep em coming lol!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Likewise -- thanks so much, turul!! icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stumbled upon this

DropRate=5, MatchDamage_WhiteRed
    DropRate=5, MatchDamage_BluePurple
    DropRate=5, MatchDamage_GreenBlack
    DropRate=3, MatchDamage_TeamUp
    DropRate=2, MatchDamage_All
    DropRate=2, StartingAP_WhiteRed
    DropRate=2, StartingAP_BluePurple
    DropRate=2, StartingAP_GreenBlack
    DropRate=1, StartingAP_TeamUp
    DropRate=1, StartingAP_All
    DropRate=5, CritMultiplier

Empty drop rates:
    [Trivial]=1.0
    [Easy]=0.95
    [Normal]=0.90
    [Hard]=0.85
    [Impossible]=0.80
    [PVP]=1.0
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I the only one that notices there's no '4' variable?
This discussion has been closed.