[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Options

Comments

• dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    turul wrote:
    *snip*

So obviously you were right on with who was next to be spotlighted, so I guess you are the go to guy on these forums for sneak peaks. Question is, how do you know all this? Do they have an FTP server that they allow you to look at?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    *snip*

So obviously you were right on with who was next to be spotlighted, so I guess you are the go to guy on these forums for sneak peaks. Question is, how do you know all this? Do they have an FTP server that they allow you to look at?

I just examine the contents of (local) MPQ game files. Searching for human readable data...
  • turul
    Options
    R69:
    Daily PVE is coming!
    also, a new character.

also "Ordeals" event. (might be same as daily PVE)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    R69:
    Daily PVE is coming!
    also, a new character.

also "Ordeals" event. (might be same as daily PVE)

Awesome! Can you post the exact strings that reveal this information? How do you know its a daily pve?
  • turul
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Missions\PVE_Daily_A
    Missions\PVE_Daily_B
    Missions\Ordeals_Test

new character
    Star-Lord / Legendary Star-Lord (2014) #1 - blacktile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png ( blacktile.png is only prediction )

Oldest Trick
    Star-Lord points past his enemy and shouts "Hey! Is that Moon-Boy?" before swinging in with a sucker-punch. He creates a ???-turn Countdown tile which deals ??? damage. While at least one such tile is on the board, all enemy Red and Green ability costs are increased by ??? AP.
    Upgrades to: Red, Yellow, Black, Blue, and Green

Quills Gambit - N/A yet

Sleight Of Hand
    Star-Lord formulates a plan that gets his teammates working together efficiently. Places a ???-turns Countdown tile. While at least one such tile is on the board, all friendly Red and Yellow ability costs are reduced by ???-AP.
    Upgrades to: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Yellow
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Star-Lord formulates a plan that gets his teammates working together efficiently. Places a ???-turns Countdown tile. While at least one such tile is on the board, all friendly Red and Yellow ability costs are reduced by ???-AP.
    Upgrades to: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, and Yellow[/spoiler]
    That looks like a super sweet ability, there. It makes all the super powerful abilities activate even quicker, which would be awesome in the right circumstances.
  • turul
    Options
    Introducing:Deadpool's Daily Event!
    it's got all that daily PVE event content but with MY face on it.
    Play every day for a Guaranteed 3-Star!

Ordeals looks like a new story, containing Survival nodes!

very good news...
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would welcome that kind of event. That might actually end up being the most effective way to get covers, especially since you can pick and choice to which ones you participate in and get covers you really need.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    john1620b wrote:
    That looks like a super sweet ability, there. It makes all the super powerful abilities activate even quicker, which would be awesome in the right circumstances.
    It's even better for cheaper abilities, if it reduces the AP cost by a flat amount. A 3-or-less AP ALOTT would be pretty much amazing.
  • turul
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    It's even better for cheaper abilities, if it reduces the AP cost by a flat amount. A 3-or-less AP ALOTT would be pretty much amazing.

Devil Dino can dance 24/7...
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    turul wrote:
    While at least one such tile is on the board...

So does that mean the abilities could stack?
  • turul
    Options
    Isay_Isay wrote:
    turul wrote:
    While at least one such tile is on the board...

So does that mean the abilities could stack?

It means it will NOT stack!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would probably say "...for each...", if it stacked.
  • Nvm, i'm dumb. carry on.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:

very good news...

Appears to be two styles of events? eg. a mini-Gauntlet (I hope very mini), and...?

If it turns out as described, this guaranteed 3* cover (either a new token or a set character as an end progression reward - probably slight preference to the latter) could be one of the most significant things to happen to the game in a while. And the devs solution to the 2* - 3* transition.

[How amazing would it be, if it was a different character every day and you got to pick which one of the 3 colours you wanted! Though, I am not expecting such a thing to happen given it would basically decimate cover sales].

The semi-downside is that it's another game mode that you have to juggle along with all the others.

For some people, this sort of thing could be the end of PvP.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

The semi-downside is that it's another game mode that you have to juggle along with all the others.

If the new 8 hour refreshes does indeed stick around, this new daily mode will be another outlet to give those folks who need constant MPQ their fix. Personally, being one who does pve and pvp, I hope the 8 hour refreshes has a positive impact and acceptance. 8 hours is more than enough time to pvp and do the daily while waiting for Healthpacks to regenerate. With shield cooldowns in place, I find myself playing pvp a lot earlier instead of zerging it in the last 4-5 hours while shield hopping.

Guaranteed 3*? If this is true, why wouldn't you do this every day? I imagine this would be semi-difficult and squeezing this in with the old 2.5 hour refresh (realistically, 2 hours min if you clear fast) plus pvp almost guarantees buying healthpacks or just skipping pve/pvp if you don't buy healthpacks (which I know many do not).
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    Guaranteed 3*? If this is true, why wouldn't you do this every day? I imagine this would be semi-difficult and squeezing this in with the old 2.5 hour refresh (realistically, 2 hours min if you clear fast) plus pvp almost guarantees buying healthpacks or just skipping pve/pvp if you don't buy healthpacks (which I know many do not).

I could very easily see these focusing on older, or even vaulted characters, but in any case, a lot of us aren't necessarily going to do them every day.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Scoregasms wrote:

I could very easily see these focusing on older, or even vaulted characters, but in any case, a lot of us aren't necessarily going to do them every day.

Though the whole vaulting concept is flawed (yada, yada, yada), this sort of outlet for them would actually work reasonably well from that perspective. But... if the devs want them out of the game all together, then it's still a no go.

Assuming it was a set / random / rotated cover each day, I would imagine most people looking at it going.... yeah, I need it or nah, will pass - hopefully we'll get an announcement post about it soon. I would imagine it is going to be a lot of people's first go to event to play.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    Sorry, I should've elaborated a bit more, I'm assuming ISO and the other usual node rewards would accompany this mode and if you have the cover already, it's still another 500 ISO (or you just skip it). Generally speaking though, I'm pretty sure most of the player base aren't in the position to have fully developed/diverse rosters and could really benefit from this (given most are new-ish including myself).
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:

very good news...
    I'm pretty excited about this. Hopefully we'll get some official news about it soon.

Also, I'm surprised that D3 aren't hiding their stuff better. I can't imagine they are happy about news like this being spoiled in advance.
This discussion has been closed.