[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    My bet is either the Watcher or Namor. Or maybe Super-Skrull?

Stop saying Super-Skrull. It is not ever going to be Super-Skrull. I'm sorry. It's just not.

We way over think these things. SG and Kamala have not been in any movies or Netflix shows, nor has Bullseye, and Carnage is a priority only to the devs and the one guy on this board that really likes him. And maybe people named Cletus.

That said, it could be Annihilus. They would barely even have to change the art from Ultron. Just saying. But it's Reed Richards.
  • bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Super-Skrull
    It was in MVC3.

SG was left-field but not entirely unexpected.

Kamala has been rising in popularity. The only 'weird thing' about Kamala is how they stuffed her into 3 back to back new character PVEs when she could've been possibly done before/after Ultron(when new characters weren't introduced).

The devs need every variation of Moonstone, I mean, Marvel in game.

Bullseye was coming for the same reason 2*Cyclops/3*Moonstone/4*Juggernaut.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Off-season pvp-s will be divine champions and villains pvp
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:

Whoa! -- I seem to have missed that earlier in the thread. **Cyc has been known about for awhile, but were there recent hints about a new Moonstone and Jugg?

Thanks!!
  • raisinbman wrote:

Whoa! -- I seem to have missed that earlier in the thread. **Cyc has been known about for awhile, but were there recent hints about a new Moonstone and Jugg?

Thanks!!
    No I was sort-of-joking, but because we know Venom and Jugg have hidden color values, I assume we'll be getting more versions of those characters. Ofc 3* and 4* characters are D3's priority, they seem to be slowly taking the 1*/2* and making 'lazy' 3*/4* versions. A few characters are getting the reverse treatment, but I wouldn't expect a plethora of 2*.

Basically, I see New*Moonstone/New*Juggernaut/New*Venom as eventualities, nothing confirmed.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    You guys see anything about this being a possible new character for us? htgt41.jpg
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    xdogg wrote:
    You guys see anything about this being a possible new character for us? htgt41.jpg

Not before November, methinks. This cover art is nothing new.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2015
    ronin-san wrote:
    xdogg wrote:

Not before November, methinks. This cover art is nothing new.

Could well be in line for the 2nd Anniversary. Que token buying rush.

edit: ack, me bad ingrish
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor

Not sure if you meant queue (a line) or cue (a call to action ).

Que means "that" in Spanish.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Stop saying Super-Skrull. It is not ever going to be Super-Skrull. I'm sorry. It's just not.

Why?
  • ronin-san wrote:

could be Queue, also ;P

I don't think Ultron could make it to playable in his current form.

I mean think about it. Pick Ultron. Pick Iron Fist. Win.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

could be Queue, also ;P

I don't think Ultron could make it to playable in his current form.

I mean think about it. Pick Ultron. Pick Iron Fist. Win.

What would be wrong with that? MPQ done been there done that, several times!
  • bcas76
    Pylgrim wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Why?

Why it won't be Super-Skrull, or why do I want you to stop suggesting him? Honestly, I'm just being goofy. I wouldn't have guessed Cletus before, say, Green Goblin, Jean Grey, Gambit, Moon Knight, or any number of arguably more popular characters, so who knows. Everyone has their favorite, mine is spider woman, so feel free to ignore me or mock in return.

I would love to see Uatu's skill set.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Throwing my money down for a 4* black Human Torch ala promotional event like sheThor.
  • bcas76
    I would rather see a 4* FalCapt if they were going in that direction (then again, I'd rather see a post-Steve Cap comic where they don't spend five pages on Sam's internal self-doubt, "Man, Steve was like 10 times better than the best human ever, how could I possibly live up to that?" Just throw the shield at the fascist and say something meaningless about freedom, it can't be that hard). Also, I had to watch the FF teaser trailer four times before I could even tell who was supposed to which character. I swear I kept thinking, "They made the Thing a black guy? That's just insulting."
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Why?

Why it won't be Super-Skrull, or why do I want you to stop suggesting him? Honestly, I'm just being goofy. I wouldn't have guessed Cletus before, say, Green Goblin, Jean Grey, Gambit, Moon Knight, or any number of arguably more popular characters, so who knows. Everyone has their favorite, mine is spider woman, so feel free to ignore me or mock in return.

Ah, I was wondering there was some reason for super-skrull not to be a character Marvel would want in the game.
  • Throwing my money down for a 4* black Human Torch ala promotional event like sheThor.
    I'm not seeing this as likely since FF is being Mega-man'ed/Banjo Kazooie'd, but I would give D3 mad props for something like that.
  • aesthetocyst
    bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Why?

Uatu has a ridiculous rang of powers and abilities, but his greatest power seems to be violating his oath of non-intervention and keeping it a secret / convincing other cosmic beings not to rat him out. Which is good, as any involvement in MPQ would be an intervention in something.

Maybe someday, when we have 5 star.png cosmic toons icon_lol.gif
  • bcas76
    I was extra drinking last night and had a whole Uatu post with a skill set like purpleflag.png Watching - Uatu watches the action unfold, does no damage, gains no ap, creates no special tiles. blueflag.png Ominous Visage - Uatu appears, indicating impending catastrophic doom and creating existential dread, stuns random friendly character for two turns. Then some lame play on the What If? series.

I can't imagine why Marvel wouldn't want Super-Skrull in the game. They even mention Skrulls in PvE. He's as legitimate a suggestion as Mole-man or the guy in the top left of the picture with the spiky mouth. Or the whale face guy on the right. Seriously, who are these people?
  • aesthetocyst
    bcas76 wrote:
    I was extra drinking last night and had a whole Uatu post with a skill set like purpleflag.png Watching - Uatu watches the action unfold, does no damage, gains no ap, creates no special tiles. blueflag.png Ominous Visage - Uatu appears, indicating impending catastrophic doom and creating existential dread, stuns random friendly character for two turns. Then some lame play on the What If? series.

I can't imagine why Marvel wouldn't want Super-Skrull in the game. They even mention Skrulls in PvE. He's as legitimate a suggestion as Mole-man or the guy in the top left of the picture with the spiky mouth. Or the whale face guy on the right. Seriously, who are these people?

Maybe just 1 power ...

Non-Intervention - 0AP (passive)

The presence of Uatu on your team prevents any 5 star.png Cosmic character on either team from participating in the match.

I can see it now. Uatu, Thanos, Beyonder, Galactus, Kubik, and Adam Warlock, just staring at each other on opposite sides of the board, doing nothing.

That, or Non-intervention as a CD that suppress 5 star.png abilities, along with active powers such force fields and time control (some form of do over).

If they ever do have cosmic toons (what a balancing act that would be! A completely new, segregated tier to the game?), the Watcher's role should be a s a support, essentially protecting lesser beings (those lowly 4 star.png s LOL) from other cosmic entities.
This discussion has been closed.