Prodigal Sun: Dec. 15 - Dec. 22

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I moved into my new house Saturday - the internet isn't set up there yet so I couldn't play very much around the move and as a result I've slipped pretty solidly out of the top 50. I've tried poking at it a few times, but I don't think I'm going to move past 65 or so - that's where I am now but the points ramp up steeply from there.

Ah well. No Electra for me, but at least I'll get a icon_daredevil.pngblueflag.png . He interests me now...
  • No elektra or daredevil for me. I guess I'll just earn them in PVP for 900% less effort.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently 55th. It's agone, I need 3000 to get to 50 exactly, I think. So I'm going to get to 2am (3 hours to go) and grind down whatever I can and see what happens.
    You know, I bet if the event hadn't been down for however many hours I'd not have such a job of this. 3000 sounds about how many points I would have gained.
  • 2nd. By less than a hundred points too.

Happy to have my 4 covers anyway. Back to sleeping a solid 8 hours through the night. Enjoy your patch covers guys, I'm taking this next one SO easy
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    2nd. By less than a hundred points too.

Happy to have my 4 covers anyway. Back to sleeping a solid 8 hours through the night. Enjoy your patch covers guys, I'm taking this next one SO easy

The last 48 hrs was just CRAZY! I hit nodes i wouldnt normally hit. I hope i dont have to compete with you again icon_eek.gif That last hour was a nail biting finish and with the leaderboard missing i had to wait for the rewards to come up to find out the result. Longest 15 minutes in MPQ for me
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Yeah, patch reward for next one. I breathed a sigh of relief. He was the first 3* I maxed out, so I'm good.
    Still, a green 3* Storm...that's not bad.
  • Does this event end at 3am est?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My patch has 10 covers - 4/3/3. I haven't decided which way to build him but I want more yellow. However the lack of Electra and internet access at home will almost certainly prevent me from earning Patch's yellow cover.

Eeeh. I'm sure he'll come up in PVP eventually.
  • Merc'ing. I have 111,602 points in this even and climbing. I want to join an alliance for the end of this event to get in top 50 with them.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fishbio19 wrote:
    Does this event end at 3am est?

Also curious, I don't see when the last slice is in OP.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    fishbio19 wrote:
    Does this event end at 3am est?

Also curious, I don't see when the last slice is in OP.

last slice ends in little under 6h
  • Thank you...wish they would post it w event information...I never memorize it..
  • fishbio19 wrote:
    Thank you...wish they would post it w event information...I never memorize it..
    Just look at how long the recruit token is on sale for, they end at the same time.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    darvish11 wrote:
    fishbio19 wrote:
    Thank you...wish they would post it w event information...I never memorize it..
    Just look at how long the recruit token is on sale for, they end at the same time.

Ah! That's v helpful.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Welp, run out of characters and I'm 45th.
    Got a really annoying blast arrow from Hawkeye that just crippled my team. I was 3000HP from winning and just got screwed by Sniper Rifle at the end. Oh well.

Hey, only 40 minutes left in my bracket. Maybe I'll be lucky, eh?
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    Dark6969 can you message me please? Thanks!
  • Oldboy wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    2nd. By less than a hundred points too.

The last 48 hrs was just CRAZY! I hit nodes i wouldnt normally hit. I hope i dont have to compete with you again icon_eek.gif That last hour was a nail biting finish and with the leaderboard missing i had to wait for the rewards to come up to find out the result. Longest 15 minutes in MPQ for me
    That was a fantastic fight sir, it's really no fun when you're just waving at second place from like a 20k lead. Congrats, well earned cover
  • Was about 200 points away from 5th. Turned out starting from 50th on Hell's Kitchen was too much of a deficit to make up, and also I took a shower and eat dinner in the last 2 hours too instead of continue playing. Actually I think that kind of sums up what's wrong with this game.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hi all. Looking for a guy goes by the in-game name of Dark6969...we're trying like heck not to leave you high and dry, but we dont know how to get in touch with you. We need you to move back down to Skynet2.0 as soon as you can. If you see this before Prodigal Sun ends, re-apply to Skynet2.0 and i'll make sure you get back in in time to get your alliance rewards
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    is there any conceivable chance a 1->2 transition guy without Loki could possibly be in the running for the new 4-star this event?

...and playing Ares, Daken & Moonstone has been much more fun than I expected.
    By contrast, there is a chance that a 1->2* transition player could be in the running for a top 50 placement. The trick is: your levels are so low that your nodes are going to be significantly less difficult than others', which gives you a better chance to clear the more difficult nodes more often. If Ares / Daken are some of your top characters right now, then yes, there is a chance you'll do very well. My advice would be to resist pumping ISO into anyone during the event, and try to do as many full clears as you can.

I actually think getting a Loki cover from progression is something that's possible by at least the halfway point in this event. I'm on track to be over 1/5th of the way there about 24 hours in, and I'm not going too hard. I'm pretty sure this will end up being one of those "everyone gets the progression and then just mindlessly grinds for placement" events, which suck, but they still suck less than the ones where it's too hard to get the final placement award. All that to say: keep at it and there's a good chance you will pick up Loki most of the way through and that will be enough to vault you up to the top ranks, especially with your other low-level team getting you decent clears.

ALL THAT SAID: it's actually a pretty terrible idea to pick up a 4* character in the 1->2* transition. icon_e_smile.gif You'll probably never get another cover for her within the next 6-9 months - easily - so she'll just take up roster space that you could have used for something that would actually help you. But hey, then again, maybe not.

Thanks for the advice. Most of my enemies have ranged from levels 120-185 (my highest character is level 78, un-boosted), so I'm sure my battles are much easier than some. Moonstone blackflag.png stealing a Tommy Gun attack has saved me in a couple of the highest level battles, although as you suggested Ares/Daken are my workhorses. To be honest, I've had such a hard time finishing in the top 400 in previous PVE events, I never even thought about the pros & cons of having a 4-star on my roster--and in all likelihood, I'm sure I'll drop soon enough (and be more than content if I can stay in the top 400), so the problem will likely solve itself icon_razz.gif . With 12 hours to go in the first sub-event, I was actually 5th and three of the top ten players, including myself, don't have Loki. I missed three or so clears from the optimal 3-hour cycles, so I'm amazed to be where I'm at. Better lucky than good, I guess...

So, it turns out I was in the least competitive bracket I've ever seen. A combination of work and family holiday gatherings kept me from playing more than a couple times for a 48 hour stretch, yet in that whole time I only dropped ~15 places. By that time I was way out of contention for top 10, but somehow still comfortably in the top 30. I ended up with pnly 110k points, but that was good enough for 18th at the last time I checked. Definitely no complaints, even if it was very strange--I've only ended up with standard tokens in previous PVE events where I did just about as well as this time. As I said previously, better lucky than good. icon_e_smile.gif