Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it was fun for the time it lasted.
    Goodbye
    Enjoy the rest of the event.
    I cant tell you how close I am to doing this myself

Is everyone else's Hell's Kitchen sub off the charts? 9 hours in and every node is "Hard".
    Seems the devs have no concept of balance. Full on or full off. Excellent quality control for a 4 * launch
  • For a point of reference, when this event was ran the first time, the hard bracket usually never hit the mayhem meter to unlock the extra missions, while the easy bracket usually hit the mayhem meter with less than 8 hours to go. So it was okay to have those extra nodes because half of them you never saw and the other half was around for only 8 hours.
  • Is anyone else starting off with INSANE subs?

Very first node on both features 110+ opponents, when I have only a single character over 94. I can clear most of them for now, but only due to a little luck. Cant imagine how awful it will be in 12+ hours, its going to be way worse than the gauntlet scaling...

I am pretty pissed off, I had managed to keep in the top 5 so far but now I feel like I am going to disappear from the charts.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    saurus wrote:
    Is anyone else starting off with INSANE subs?

Very first node on both features 110+ opponents, when I have only a single character over 94. I can clear most of them for now, but only due to a little luck. Cant imagine how awful it will be in 12+ hours, its going to be way worse than the gauntlet scaling...

I am pretty pissed off, I had managed to keep in the top 5 so far but now I feel like I am going to disappear from the charts.

Yup, scaling is back with a vengance it seems... icon_eek.gif

I just started the fourth subs (Washington DC and Hell's Kitchen) and they started out on hard for me (level 94 opponents for around level 62 roster) on the hard part. Even the easy sub began with normal difficulty on most nodes. Can't really complain myself though, I got two top 2 finishes in the previous sub due to low scaling and I care more about the 200 HP that got me than an extra Electra cover if I'd have to choose. The push for those top 2 spots landed me in the top 5 so far, but I think I'll start dropping pretty soon too, but I guess everybody is now getting this higher difficulty so who knows.

Maybe the devs should think about running an event with scaling turned off once a month or so, makes for a nice change of pace compared to the normal setting (or this higher difficulty for these subs).

Anyway good luck with the hard (and eventually deadly) nodes the coming hours/days, I think I will be forced to a standstill in half a day or so..
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    saurus wrote:

My essentials for hell's kitchen are around level 200 with hardest nodes just over 250. With a day left in the sub, this might be a little high but not really out of the ordinary. It also seems close to the last time this event was run - I remember not liking torch + goons then too.

It feels worse than it is, because I had gotten used to easy opponents - now they are beatable but I have to choose an appropriate team for the node.
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    saurus wrote:

My essentials for hell's kitchen are around level 200 with hardest nodes just over 250. With a day left in the sub, this might be a little high but not really out of the ordinary. It also seems close to the last time this event was run - I remember not liking torch + goons then too.

It feels worse than it is, because I had gotten used to easy opponents - now they are beatable but I have to choose an appropriate team for the node.

Its so obnoxious that it is starting out so difficult. I can at least try and grind out goons, but beating three 120+ heroes with a level 94 squad means three healing packs. Not exactly something you can grind... feels like getting spit in the face for spending time and effort the last four days.

Looks like they fixed the easy sub, everything is level 30 there, so thatll be nice and boring... still only four or five nodes before health packs are out on the hard though, which is unchanged.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For reference:

This event always runs with 7 subs over 5 time slots: 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1.

The subs that run together (the 2s) always have one sub that's more "normal" and one that is much higher. So the Wakanda and Hell's Kitchen subs have always been extremely difficult.

That's not to say the scaling isn't messed up - but keep in mind if those subs are crazy hard, that's not actually atypical.

Additionally, I don't know what this "community" "mayhem" thing is about, but the reports that you cannot access all of the nodes without an essential character are correct. It's not just the two "essential" nodes that require that character: you cannot even unlock all the "non-essential" nodes without the essential character. So anyone without Loki is super behind.

On the other hand, anyone with Loki probably already has a new Loki by now. I'm already past 100k with 3 days to go out of a 7 day event. (Which is still not even good enough for a top 10, fyi. #1 already has over 150k in my bracket.)

As for myself, it makes sense that community scaling would be lower since the PvE is broken up into brackets: 5 brackets means the "community" scaling would be about 1/5th as much. However I think they've been trying to "hotfix" this by increasing the amount the community scaling affects people - but it seems to be uneven based on this thread. I'm watching my already insanely hard (all "Hard" or "Deadly") Hell's Kitchen nodes go up by 10 - 20 levels ever few hours from the scaling, so something clearly isn't right. On the other hand, even my hardest Wakanda nodes were "Hard" by the end, and they started off as "Easy," which wasn't probably right, either. Definitely a bad idea to introduce a new character with a new PvE format, but on the other hand, when AREN'T they introducing a new character? (Answer: never.)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anecdotally, the scaling is way worse than usual. While I did hit 395s occasionally, I never hit them as frequently as in this event, and certainly not in the first sub or two
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did double clears before bed, during the bug, for a grand total of 0 pts. And it was with (over)normalised scaling, buffed Daredevil, and goon fed Torch no less. Needless to say the first thing I checked this morning, it was not a pleasant surprise.

With bugged scaling, overnormalised scaling, missing events, lost points, inconsistent refresh timers, this version of Prodigal Sun must have officially taken over Thick **** Thieves as the most jinxed PVE of all time. Seriously, with this much errors, just end it now and re-run it again, in the spirit of fairness. Developers, please do your full time job well and run the game smoothly, before embarking on releasing new 3*/4* characters and all that awesomeness stuff.

On a separate note, why is it that when I face Loki in Simulator, when he runs Illusions I'll normally expect to eat two 5-matches, but when I run Illusions with him, nothing happens?
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just end it now and re-run it again
    While I sympathize with this sentiment, the prospect of REPEATING this SEVEN DAY LONG EVENT just makes me want to cry. icon_e_smile.gif Hopefully another solution can be found!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    While I sympathize with this sentiment, the prospect of REPEATING this SEVEN DAY LONG EVENT just makes me want to cry. icon_e_smile.gif Hopefully another solution can be found!
    How about in light of the colossal failure that has been pretty much every event since time sharding began, they just give everyone a fully covered and leveled Elekrta. Of course this would ultimately be a complete FU to new and transitioning players as it would completely FUBAR their PVE scaling from here to enternity
  • Tahroo
    Tahroo Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    saurus wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    saurus wrote:

Its so obnoxious that it is starting out so difficult. I can at least try and grind out goons, but beating three 120+ heroes with a level 94 squad means three healing packs. Not exactly something you can grind... feels like getting spit in the face for spending time and effort the last four days.

Looks like they fixed the easy sub, everything is level 30 there, so thatll be nice and boring... still only four or five nodes before health packs are out on the hard though, which is unchanged.

The best one is Human Torch with two Pyro's in Hell's Kitchen feeding him greens every turn. Getting hit for 3k each turn just because he has infinite green supply. I'm in first with a 30k lead on third, and I just don't even want to do this anymore so I stopped trying. I'll get Elektra one way or the other but this event scaled into the insane levels way too suddenly for me to waste more than 5 minutes every few hours. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Koko81 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, would you guys think it would be possible to finish top 50 for Elektra without Loki?

I know the grind would be real but I'd love to take your opinions on it... I don't wanna be grinding like a mad man only to finish outside the top 50 at the end...

No. Not a chance in heck. Not when it's a new 4* to play for and lots of people already have Loki. You just miss out on too many points per clear.

100k for Loki is a stretch. But if you do manage to get that, you might then have a snowball's chance in heck of nearly getting there.

edit: it's 100k for Loki, so even less chance...

OK, time to eat my words.

Wolveroach has no Loki, yet with 2 days 8 hours to go is at #18 on 77350. #1 is bravestar777 on 120801, 8k ahead of malaka85.

So, it certainly is possible without Loki. At least, in time slice 1.

That particular experiment will kind of end in 30 minutes, as I'm #58 in Starfall and will get a Loki cover that way. Even more Prodigal Sun points await.

Edit: Loki achieved...
  • My scaling returned to normal on Hell's Kitchen and it seems like the grinding way down by a lot, so I guess a lot of people must had that bug. Sure it's not stopping the random guy with no one higher than level 100 from destroying your score but what else is new. Easy bracket grinding seems just as bad as always but that's hardly surprising.

The hard nodes were always this hard in Prodigal Sun, though on the earlier iterations you had Daken 3* major buffed and before he was nerfed where he can tank level 300 guys and kill them with just match damage. No such luck this time.
  • Scaling is back with a vengeance in the new subs. Or, Hell's Kitchen at least. The other one has some level 100s, but that's not too bad.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    loroku wrote:

So much this. I have no issue with anyone who was tinykittied over getting a free cover... but for the love of hell don't make everyone replay a 7 day event. Cannot think of anything more horrendous. icon_eek.gif

This has been bad enough as is.
  • Phantron wrote:
    My scaling returned to normal on Hell's Kitchen and it seems like the grinding way down by a lot, so I guess a lot of people must had that bug. Sure it's not stopping the random guy with no one higher than level 100 from destroying your score but what else is new. Easy bracket grinding seems just as bad as always but that's hardly surprising.

The hard nodes were always this hard in Prodigal Sun, though on the earlier iterations you had Daken 3* major buffed and before he was nerfed where he can tank level 300 guys and kill them with just match damage. No such luck this time.

Scaling on hell's kitchen is definately a little OTT right now for me, the nodes have all but a handful hit deadly rating, they're still on the side of doable if I go in fully AP buffed so I can either take out daredevil or HT real quick else it just gets messy real quick, it's either win after a slog or die within two turns!!!! Most of the top 10 in my sub bracket seemed to have either stopped or just doing the single trival node and the goon only node... some of the more adventurous ones are attempting the "nothing left to defend node tho".. as the level on that one since it's level seems be yo-yoing up and down

Although people are still doing the Washington D.C. and doing full clears on that, scaling seems to be present in it but nowhere to the extreme nature that I'm seeing in the Hell's kitchen one. In just my first pass in kitchen, lvls went from 160 to 190, when I got round to the second pass it jumped way up to 230... At this point most of the leaders stopped or significantly slowed increasing their score for that sub.

And like others I experienced a points loss due to whatever was going on with their servers. Got points to the first two nodes actually showing on the interface then it reset back to the point where I hadn't won those nodes/points but all my characters retained the damage I have taken in those nodes... Was not happy, but fortunately didn't spend any buffs or teamups on it but had to waste three heal packs because of the score rollback...
  • Scaling on hell's kitchen is definately a little OTT right now for me, the nodes have all but a handful hit deadly rating, they're still on the side of doable if I go in fully AP buffed so I can either take out daredevil or HT real quick else it just gets messy real quick, it's either win after a slog or die within two turns!!!!

Just wait until the final sub that is a real ball breaker. There also quite a few Thor nodes which mean Goddess of Thunder going to be sulking on the bench. A good few of my nodes are going to hit 395 before the end of this sub but as I know whats to come so I want to trade down my lead over second mainly in the final sub.
  • ark123 wrote:
    -Scaling got out of control in the last hours of the subs and people were restricted not by how many times they cleared, but which nodes they were able to do.

Remember when I said this, guys?

Get ready. We're in for an even rougher patch than last time, I think. And last time around a ton of people actually gave up because one of the nodes was scaled up hood fury ares (iirc) and it was one of the most awful fights ever. A lot of people never got the Sentry cover because of that.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a more light-hearted note:

Sentry: I don't like fighting Spiderman and Daredevil; if there's any heroes those two are them.
    Human Torch: Dude, I am RIGHT HERE.