Prodigal Sun: Dec. 15 - Dec. 22

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Scaling is back with a vengeance in the new subs. Or, Hell's Kitchen at least. The other one has some level 100s, but that's not too bad.

I thought the previous "hard" section was hard enough. It started with the highest guy around level 50 when it first opened and ended with them breaching level 100. I even wiped twice on a final node grind down last night.
    I don't mind it starting easy and getting progressively more difficult. But when I opened Hell's Kitchen and the first node had level 165 mobs I just despaired. Because they'll end up at level 300 just like the first area did before long.

I don't mind hiccups in coding so much, but when D3 are moving the goal posts this often during an event for a new 4* that will become required for the next event, not to mention the several hours where I couldn't even play due to the event disappearing losing me a few thousand points, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain progress.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    11 hours left on slice one and 6/9 nodes are "Deadly". Essentials are "Hard", Sentry node is "Trivial"
    Highest is Nothing Left to Defend 2.2 times my roster max (220/220/220)

And since we know the devs don't work weekends this event won't be fixed at all. They need to pull the plug on time sharding since this is/was supposed to be a TEST which started with Iso-8
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hell's Kitchen was freaking painful the last time Prodigal ran too. It might just be how tough the sub is designed to be.

This is the first PvE I've played in a month and the tokens have been making up for lost time, it feels like. 2x icon_colossus_new.pngblackflag.png, icon_doctoroctopus.pnggreenflag.png, icon_shehulk.pngredflag.png, icon_hood.pngblueflag.png (five months after I first got the character, I finally have one!), and the pull that made my week, my fifth star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png ! Good lord, that move is insane at level 5. Now I just need two more ranks of Surgical Strike...
  • I am looking for the sub that offers a Sentry cover as a reward. Is it last sub? Easy or Hard? I don't remember where it is.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last sub, Thunderbolts Mountain. Finish all the non-Loki nodes and you'll unlock a fight with Sentry's red cover as the reward.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Worst event ever. Top 50 rewards near holiday - of course lots are traveling or finishing up year-end things at work/school.

Then they make it so everyone can compete with easy nodes - so I decided to compete! I ran at least five times every day, holding a good T35.

THEN they made it so not everyone can compete - and I can't even touch one node in Hell's Kitchen.

Really, really wish I hadn't wasted my time Monday through Friday. Thanks, D3. Merry Christmas to you, too.
  • Last sub, Thunderbolts Mountain. Finish all the non-Loki nodes and you'll unlock a fight with Sentry's red cover as the reward.

Thanks for that. I'll be on the lookout.
  • HT is always hit and miss. You basically hope he either drops a Flame Jet and match it away immediately or that he saves up for Flamethrower/Rocket and hope you can deal with it. But at least HT doesn't have much health and even at very high levels his health is within range of 2 large damaging moves.

Daredevil actually become significantly easier with the nerf to Radar Sense since he used to get purple pump and then just spam Radar Sense. While Radar Sense isn't too good when you've to collect purple AP to power it, it's pretty much a game ender when you can put more than one of those up and the AI Daredevil definitely can.

Thunderbolt Mountain nodes aren't particularly hard. I think there's only one Thor on the 'hard' setting (he's also on the easy nodes but those don't matter). You get Loki for the essential which is Hulk + Wolverine (2*) which is pretty good as far as essentials go even if you don't have Loki maxed. There's a high level Captain Ameriac and high level Black Panther but those are mostly 1 color wonder guys and they don't get AP pump of their major attack so it's nothing like the usual Juggernaut + green or even Ragnarok + green.
  • john1620b
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There's a high level Captain Ameriac and high level Black Panther....
    Ah, Captain Ameriac. The lesser-known avenger.

SakRTQL.jpg
  • my fifth star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png ! Good lord, that move is insane at level 5. Now I just need two more ranks of Surgical Strike...

Son of a...I GOT star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png .

Why are you so lucky?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *Sigh* I'm so done with Hell's Kitchen.
    Why is this one of the more popular events? This happens every time, you play it for so long and somewhat enjoy it, then the scaling hits you like a train and you struggle to break a node *once*. It's not fun, D3. Bashing my head on the wall of level 200 mobs feeding greens to Human Torch is not fun. I'm thinking of just doing the level 45 Sentry Required node and just ignoring the rest.

Challenge is one thing, I don't mind challenge. I don't want difficult. I play the game to have fun and relax, but spending 5 minutes fighting just one match out of a sub event of, what, 7 nodes? More? isn't fun. Takes forever, I feel like I've accomplished nothing at the end of it and I just have to groan and do the next one. It's the same reason people hate the heroic mode events, it's just a long painful slog through overpowered enemies.

I'm just skirting the 40-50 mark and I just know I'll end up slipping below the line and miss out completely.
  • fmftint wrote:
    11 hours left on slice one and 6/9 nodes are "Deadly". Essentials are "Hard", Sentry node is "Trivial"

And since we know the devs don't work weekends this event won't be fixed at all. They need to pull the plug on time sharding since this is/was supposed to be a TEST which started with Iso-8

Well I just hit the 13H to go mark and the last node "Nothing left to defend" just hit 395. Time to look on the bright side its not getting any harder!
  • Sumilea wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Well I just hit the 13H to go mark and the last node "Nothing left to defend" just hit 395. Time to look on the bright side its not getting any harder!

To be fair, that node can literally only match 3 their way to kill you if you have any decent tile removal.
  • I came here to talk about this tinykitty map and its all over the place. Its too dam hard. I can manage to win most of them (did no played the top right most one with three heroes), but this eats all packs!

Funny setup for first map (against 3 goons): put storm** and two others with 3~4k HP. Make the ones not Ororo tank the Supressing attack, as Silent Strike hits all. When they hit the second Silent strike they will take 3 counters for 1600ish damage each, ending the fight right there, lol. (My highest level is 94 BTW)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

To be fair, that node can literally only match 3 their way to kill you if you have any decent tile removal.
    ....It may have match damaged my xforce to death before I could pull a single move off.

And yeah, it's 18 hours out and hit 395 for me too.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

....It may have match damaged my xforce to death before I could pull a single move off.

And yeah, it's 18 hours out and hit 395 for me too.

Well, level 395 guys can quite capable of doing a crazy amount of damage from just match damage, so 'just match damage' isn't saying much, but at least it's not match damage + ability damage. They also have a goon so there are no possible weak colors too.
  • So I checked my time on this clear and it took 41 minutes to clear Hell's Kitchen and 15 minutes to clear Washington DC. Although I ended up using 4 health packs this is relatively smooth as one can expect and I never came close to losing so I don't think there's much room for improvement.

I know this is an unusually heavy load even for PvE but it'd be a lot of playing even at half of that. I was running iso 8 boosts but no HP boosts, didn't lose any fight or even got into trouble but it just takes a long time to go through 3 level 300+ guys, and honestly the enemy mix here is pretty tame both on abilities and HPs (no Juggernaut or Daken) so it could've been a lot worse.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    I've always had high scaling and hit 395 before, but I've never had essential nodes approach 395. One or two more clears and it seems that this will be a first. A very unwanted first. icon_evil.gif
  • Just confirming here, I'm on the last sub and a red Sentry cover is the reward.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Just confirming here, I'm on the last sub and a red Sentry cover is the reward.
    yes and a ton of nodes. 14 nodes, 12 repeatable, dificulty all over the map