Prodigal Sun: Dec. 15 - Dec. 22

Options

Comments

• Well I have a nice relaxed day ahead of me. Should not have to do a node in the last 21 hours of the event unless I got my maths wrong. And as the alliance seem safe for top 50 I not have to do any work for that either.
  • Such a strange PvE. Here in my slice 1 bracket, I was 6th after the first sub. Went out (work do!) on the night of the 2nd sub ending and dropped to 12th...

BEST THING EVER.

Since then, the top 10 have accelerated away at a huge pace while I've barely played and still sit in 17th. Barely played. Still 17th.

It's pretty much the case that because of the crazy idea of grouping 11th-50th place rewards - everyone outside the top 10 has basically stopped bothering in the second half of this event. Top has 244k, 10th has 195k, 17th has 141k and I'm still well clear of anyone in 21st-30th. Funnily enough I've massively enjoyed the 'break' from PvE that this has given me and I'm pretty sure helped me place 1st and get another 4Thor in PvP last night.

Soooo ironic that in the first decent reward PvE with time slicing that the end time is irrelevant for me because I don't need to play to secure my rank rewards. Oh, and the two guys battling it out for first spot? 2* rosters...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, and the two guys battling it out for first spot? 2* rosters...

Top 10 in Wolveroach's bracket, only 3 have any 3* over level 120, most are solid 2* with a couple of 3* in low 100 territory.

Obviously the experienced players with maxed 3* and 4* have all decided that Elektra's not worth it and are taking this event off. Or perhaps it's just that scaling is less harsh on lower levelled rosters.

It's strange how these brackets work though. #1 in Wolveroach's is only 177k. Moon Roach is barely hanging on to #10 with 217k.
  • Such a strange PvE. Here in my slice 1 bracket, I was 6th after the first sub. Went out (work do!) on the night of the 2nd sub ending and dropped to 12th...

BEST THING EVER.

Since then, the top 10 have accelerated away at a huge pace while I've barely played and still sit in 17th. Barely played. Still 17th.

It's pretty much the case that because of the crazy idea of grouping 11th-50th place rewards - everyone outside the top 10 has basically stopped bothering in the second half of this event. Top has 244k, 10th has 195k, 17th has 141k and I'm still well clear of anyone in 21st-30th. Funnily enough I've massively enjoyed the 'break' from PvE that this has given me and I'm pretty sure helped me place 1st and get another 4Thor in PvP last night.

Soooo ironic that in the first decent reward PvE with time slicing that the end time is irrelevant for me because I don't need to play to secure my rank rewards. Oh, and the two guys battling it out for first spot? 2* rosters...

Over the week I noticed the initial top 5 after the iso-8 lab china, had pretty much slowed down their grind, hell's kitchen almost grinded them all to halt. Half of the top 10 was replaced by the time hells kitchen came into play. In fact 3 of the current top 5 (with less than 2 hours to go) weren't in the top 10 until the hells kitchen sub started. Only four of the initial top 10 still remain in the top 10 with 2 hours remaining. It seems only the second and third place guy are jostling for 2nd place, one of which is in a top 10 allience...

But yeah I pretty much had nothing to do for the past 12 hours certainly nothing much compared to the previous six days... If I was to hazard a guess Hell's kitchen knocked the stuffing out of all but the most competitive/obsessed. Thunderbolts mountain just finished off the job on those that didn't call quits by the time they reached it!
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, slice 1 is over and I have no idea where I ended up. Fairly sure it was top 10 (my best PvE position ever, I think) but since the scores vanished as they have been lately I have no real way to tell.
    Is it just me, or does this bug seem to keep sneaking back into the game every few weeks?

Edit: Nvm my complaining, just peeked at the dev post that says they took it away because of the crashing issue. Carry on. icon_razz.gif I'll just imagine my top 10 victory and congratulate the other nine people in my head.

Edit II: Covers came in - confirmed top ten. I feel happy. And slightly sick. I can't do that again. My alliance tells me my score (they can see it, as none of them joined me in slice 1 or, indeed, care about Elektra much at all (so lonely!)) is 228,843. Whee.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    for all those still fighting the last sub here is a little song for you to sing and get stuck in your head while you play:

We're marching to the top, to the top, to the top
    Yes, we're marching to the top of Thunder Mountain
    Up, up, up, up there is no place to hide
    'Cause Thor lurks inside

At the top of Thunder Mountain

Do you think that Thor is scary?
    Yes, I do
    Do you think that Thor is hairy?
    No, do you?

Do you think that Thor plays games?
    I hope so
    Do you think that he shoots out flames?
    Please say no

'Cause Thor lurks inside

Do you think that Thor will greet us?
    That be neat
    Or perhaps he will try to eat us
    You say eat?

Perhaps we won't fit in his belly
    Then I cheer
    Doesn’t Thor like Sentry and jelly
    I'm outta here

'Cause Thor lurks inside
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got the confirmation on Steam, Wolveroach managed top 10 and 2 covers. Dunno about Android yet, I was #9 1200 ahead of #11 last time I could check, so probably.

Now, if only the devs could fix the results viewing bug (2nd bug in the last 3 months or so), my life would be complete.

Time for bed, 3:20 am is a tad late.
  • 7 days event sucks.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Ugh fight4thedream, you win. I just can't keep up with your optimal grinding when there are like 2 nodes on the hard sub that aren't 395. You just need to beat this other darned 2* person

unfortunately, i have to work tomorrow when the event is ending. i knew about the risk when i entered the event. it was an honor battling for the top with you and the other members of S.H.I.E.L.D ZenMonkey and Davecazz. Please give my regards to BubbleBoy. i will probably write more about the experience in the next few days but for now i really need to catch up on some sleep lol
  • Flume
    Flume Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    apologies if this has been answered but what time is the last slice finishing for this event?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I came in planning to play super casually and get top 150 since I have no Daredevil and I'd get an essential character for the next go-round either way, ended up in the low 30s with one Elektra cover despite only hitting the essential and Easy nodes three times a day or so. Works for me. I'll get DD from the ongoing PvP, hopefully.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She does it become safe to grind nodes for extra points at the end on an event?
    I'm teetering on a top-10 finish (finishing clears at 9-12). I know there's going to be a fight at the end and want I make the most of it. FYI: my refresh rate schedule puts my last refresh at an hour and half before the end of the event.

I wasn't planning on doing this well but figured if I'm this close it's worth fighting for.
  • At the last hour grind as much and as hard as you can.
  • At the last hour grind as much and as hard as you can.

If someone is fighting it out for 10th in a competitive bracket then I'd say an hour is the minimum, but top 5 you'd probably want to start off around 1.5hrs to go. If points values aren't all in double digits or less by the end then you aren't p(l)aying hard enough (TM X-Men).
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won and recruited a purple Elektra token earlier this morning. I just tried to use her on the Simulator and now she is not in the roster and HP seems to not be reduced from when I bought the slot. Ugh. Anyone else experience issues like this one?
  • eviscent
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I won and recruited a purple Elektra token earlier this morning. I just tried to use her on the Simulator and now she is not in the roster and HP seems to not be reduced from when I bought the slot. Ugh. Anyone else experience issues like this one?
    I had the same experience here.
  • I'm just grinding out the 7 easiest nodes - usually that moves me between about 42nd place overall and about 34th. If I keep clearing like this, top 50 and Elektra should be a lock, and top ten has been out of reach from the start - with most of the event running during the work week, I was never going to be able to really compete. I'm taking to day off, so that should work out ok.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm just grinding out the 7 easiest nodes - usually that moves me between about 42nd place overall and about 34th. If I keep clearing like this, top 50 and Elektra should be a lock, and top ten has been out of reach from the start - with most of the event running during the work week, I was never going to be able to really compete. I'm taking to day off, so that should work out ok.
    I was never going to put in the work for top 10, so I'm in a similar situaton. What's funny is that after the clear I just did I'm in 15th and 10th is "only" 10k ahead so it kind of seems like top 10 is in reach but it's really, really not
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I managed to earn the 10th place in Sumilea's bracket (Slice 2)
    I think this didn't happen to me since I was transitioning 2 star.png to 3 star.png
    To be fair I did make the effort for this top 10 because (1) I'm in vacations and (2) I was lucky enough to pick a nice bracket.
    Still the competition for top 10 was intense and exciting! icon_e_smile.gif

Of course I know Elektra will stay on the bench for a long time in my roster but I'm genuinely happy with this reward.
    And now I deserve a break.
    Merry Christmas to all! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    i jumped into this event right at the start, knowing it ran during the work week (I feel ya Ben), I felt there was no real chance I could obtain an Elektra card, but figured I'd farm it out for iso and other progression rewards. I figured top 150 would be feasible with out a few chances to do a clear each day, and i was pretty ok with that. I'm baffled that I could play as little as I did (slice 1) and still end up with an Electra anyhow. I mean, like half a clear in the morning while I make breakfast, and 3 clears from after work to bedtime at best, one of those being before timers every fully refreshed. No event to view, but I think I landed at about 25th, which is kinda ridiculous in how apathetic the community had to be as a whole to place that way. I mean, joining the minute the event opens usually lumps you with hardcore grinders, but in retrospect I'm certain I could have placed top 20 with only marginally more effort... not that my schedule would have supported it.

The event also gave enough iso to bring falcon almost to softcap of 153 and psylocke from 94 to 120.

Its just a shame that Elektra's roster spot is just going to be a huge paper-weight that sits there and does nothing for ages and ages after she's done being an albatross around the neck of whatever two characters get saddled with carrying her through her required essentials in the next event.