ISO-8 Brotherhood Dec 04 - 9

Options

Comments

• GOOD NEWS EVERYONE:

The subs aren't "bugged", they're scaling now to level 50. No need to submit tickets or even call it a bug now. It's pretty obvious that, much like time-slice PVP this is intended. This is all a result of community(or lack-thereof) scaling) icon_e_wink.gif

*Uses Neuralyzer*
  • It's been a long time since I've seen ISO-8 Brotherhood, should the Russia sub be the only one I have right now, or am I missing a second?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Russia sub is the only one you should be seeing right now. In previous runs this sub was 36 hours (while the rest were 24 hours). After this sub, we'll be back to 2 subs at a time every 12 hours until the end.
  • Fievel wrote:
    It's been a long time since I've seen ISO-8 Brotherhood, should the Russia sub be the only one I have right now, or am I missing a second?

As I recall, this was where they used to switch from noon (EST) end times to midnight ones; I'm only seeing one too.

Slice 4; saw low levels this morning and now. Should have no problem getting Gamora, which is all I really care about anyway.
  • Accident-eLe
    Options
    After finally having a trivial hard set of nodes I have realized this is not a bug. D3 just trellised gamoras damage was insanely low and decided to scale the opponents down to her lvl.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Russia is bugged, slice 5. Pretty happy as it does alleviate burnout.
  • After finally having a trivial hard set of nodes I have realized this is not a bug. D3 just trellised gamoras damage was insanely low and decided to scale the opponents down to her lvl.

new stealth feature - scale down events to the featured character?

icon_e_wink.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    After getting smashed by Ares where he's miraculously gotten a cascade that gave him enough AP to fire off all his powers in succession with only 500 hp left (scaled rampage = 'owwie, momma'), I dont mind slaughtering him with just match damage for a little bit. I'm sure the set of subs that come up after the D3 techs are back in the office will be back to normal levels of annoyance and stress.
  • Anyone else having a glitch with the node refresh? Mine were just repeating 30 minutes over and over. Every time the second counter finished, it would just restart at 30 minutes. I finally just played all of the nodes, and it's back up to above 2 hours, but it definitely is acting like it was still at 30 minutes when I played them.
  • All my nodes have been crazy easy - but honestly, I've been half-assing this entire PVE.

12 hour subs are awful for people that have lives. This isn't me calling people out - if you're putting a ton of effort into this one, that's awesome, you deserve your rewards. But the rubberbanding is not doing a tinykitty thing for me - I tried to get myself back up to a reasonable place after taking a day and a half off for work reasons and there's just nothing doing. Seriously, IS there any rubber-banding? I'm getting next to no points from a bunch of these nodes.

I can't remember a time I've been more apathetic about MPQ than this PVE + the Doc Ock and Gamora PVPs. Just don't care. Hopefully the next season will bring back the spark.
  • Rubberbanding has been next to nothing, at least on the weekend. Now that the week has started, I fall into your boat of not having the time to devote. I'm hoping the work I put in grinding did me some good, because I need to make top 50 to finish my icon_caroldanvers.png and I went to bed last night (this morning) in 29th. Hopefully most of the people in my bracket just hit the Gamora progression and stopped, otherwise I'm in diminutive feline land.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RB is based off global sub leader and only kicks in after you're more than 10K behind.

I've played both subs optimally (with the tiny levels bug, else I wouldn't bother at all) and made 11k in easy, 21k in hard.
    With only 12 hours per sub there simply isn't time for the grinders to build enough points to RB off.
    So if you want that Gamora cover, you'll need to get the points on your own, sorry icon_e_sad.gif
  • All my nodes have been crazy easy - but honestly, I've been half-assing this entire PVE.

12 hour subs are awful for people that have lives. This isn't me calling people out - if you're putting a ton of effort into this one, that's awesome, you deserve your rewards. But the rubberbanding is not doing a tinykitty thing for me - I tried to get myself back up to a reasonable place after taking a day and a half off for work reasons and there's just nothing doing. Seriously, IS there any rubber-banding? I'm getting next to no points from a bunch of these nodes.

I can't remember a time I've been more apathetic about MPQ than this PVE + the Doc Ock and Gamora PVPs. Just don't care. Hopefully the next season will bring back the spark.

I disagree - I get 2 relevant tokens every 12 hours for one hour of play - sounds fair to me.

Also, if you're trying to get #1 in all events for a 4 day event with 12 hour subs, I don't know what to tell you. 4 days = 96 hours = 8 subs. I'm not gonna tell anyone what to do but if you expect good results in all 8 subs....
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Yeah, the 12 hour subs make this really hard for me. I usually just clear each node once to get that big ISO reward, then spam the essentials before the event ends if I have time. Good enough for a token in each event so far, and probably a top 50 overall, which I'm fine with. Really I just want to get to 50,000 for that green Gamora cover.
  • Btw the absolutely fastest team you can use is patch obw and (spider man for zero damage by the end of nodes, gamora for essentials, blade or daken for speed)
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Btw the absolutely fastest team you can use is patch obw and (spider man for zero damage by the end of nodes, gamora for essentials, blade or daken for speed)

I've been using patch, pun, cmags
  • cg2912 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Btw the absolutely fastest team you can use is patch obw and (spider man for zero damage by the end of nodes, gamora for essentials, blade or daken for speed)

I've been using patch, pun, cmags
    Boosted OBW will double hit on blue/black/purple always meaning every time those colors are matched after zerker rage she does ~2500 dmg (that's almost always a kill). The other guy got hit for over 2k damage from the rage (also usually a kill).

So it goes catch 9 green zerker rage kill one, regular match, regular match (patch tanking both) kill two, OBW match kill three. Gamora's red can be helpful if someone has over 3k health (very few guys).

Try it. I'm gonna time my next sweep. I'm curious.

Edit - holy **** this could be a game mode. Time attack.
  • AND TIME

Full clear of easy+hard in 5 minutes 46 seconds.
    Hard took a little more because of stupid rags.
  • Clanseigh
    Options
    I got top 200 in the last pair of subs and snagged a BP cover and a Mystique cover. I guess it's my lucky day!
  • I am slightly confused as I have been doing 2.5 hour complete clears of both these last two nodes since they opened, yet I am steadily falling down the list for both of them, and overall. I'm not really fussed about the rewards in all honesty, but I am intrigued as to how this could be happening.