ISO-8 Brotherhood Dec 04 - 9

Options

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Just opened up the 4th set of sub. These are busted too - again in the 3rd time slice

You of all people do not need this bonus. How are you like breezing thru these subs? Gives you more free time between the refreshes. In #1, I assume? Hope all is well.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Just opened up the 4th set of sub. These are busted too - again in the 3rd time slice

You of all people do not need this bonus. How are you like breezing thru these subs? Gives you more free time between the refreshes. In #1, I assume? Hope all is well.

I am not playing any differently than planed. Just going to top 50 or top 10 if it does not take to much work for each sub. Just in the top 10 of the main and the people in first and second have nothing to worry about from me.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Fifth sub "Russia" still on the super easy scaling for first slice - hp is there for whoever wants to grind.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I think I'm in a bugged time slice, the third one. My hard nodes start off sub 20 and scale into the 40s maybe by the end of the sub - so hardly challenging.

I've been finishing pretty firmly top 2 in most of the subs so far, think I've missed one where I ended top 50 instead, so I've ended up with ~600HP from the whole event so far and roughly 50k ISO with Argentina/Sudan yet to finish. Not bad for two days worth of PvE. Shame that I've got next to nothing useful from the event tokens, only a black Daken (to make 5 covers, but he's rotating out icon_e_sad.gif ) and green Hulk.

I could really do with making a start on X-Force (currently no covers), so the yellow cover will definitely be useful to me. I'm currently in first with around 3k lead on second, but since the time slice is bugged I assume that will disappear as soon as I go to sleep in an hour or so. Will probably grind the nodes to zero before, but missing a refresh in the next sub will be huge (though I guess since that's Russia - i.e. the single sub I might not be). To be fair I have a slightly more substantial lead on 3rd (~8k) and XForce is 1-2, but 3rd's been changing pretty consistently so far this PvE so I have no idea who's just low since they haven't been doing refreshes etc...
  • Tattie Bogle
    Options
    I'm in the final (5th?) time slice and I'm not seeing any of the low level nodes. Seems like the bug is only affecting some people in this time slice. This raises the question of whether this is random or if there are other factors involved.
  • I'm in the final (5th?) time slice and I'm not seeing any of the low level nodes. Seems like the bug is only affecting some people in this time slice. This raises the question of whether this is random or if there are other factors involved.

I'm in the Time Slice ending almost exactly 3 days from time of posting, and it is the bugged one. There is almost no rubberbanding or scaling. Nodes are no challenge at all, except for the Hard Node on the Main event which opens up the "Hard" sub. That one actually wiped me due to my not noticing the AI had trickery team up. Went in with Falcon/LDaken/Blade and it ... did not end well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started Argentina/Sudan an hour ago, slice 4 (Wed 12 am) all nodes in both subs are trivial. This is a nice change of pace from the murder subs I've been seeing
  • i can see the level drop on slice 1. my hardest nodes on Sudan was lvl221 now my hardest nodes on russia only lvl 41
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    Yeah, this is the second one that's been bugged for me. Sudan was unlocked by defeating a level 118 team, but opens up to reveal level 50 at the worst. I like the easy points, but I don't think this is the way things are supposed to be working...
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    Fifth sub "Russia" still on the super easy scaling for first slice - hp is there for whoever wants to grind.
    I'm in the first slice and my subs have not been bugged. Maybe it's because I'm using steam
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    I'm in the first slice and my subs have not been bugged. Maybe it's because I'm using steam

My nodes are super low and I'm on Steam.

This event has been whacky with scaling from the beginning. On the easy sub my nodes were something like 25, 30, 30, and 150 on the essentials for the first sub back when it was closer to normal scaling. Normally it should be something like 30, 50, 90, and 70 on the essentials.
  • lukewin
    Options
    In slice 5, and take back my earlier statement that there were no bugged subs. 51 min ago, when Argentina and Sudan opened up, I was super relieved to find that they were low leveled, partly because it will be great to be able to blow thru subs, but mainly because I am drunk and about to pass out. Do have an alarm set for 2 hrs, to hit the refresh for 15 min or less, then go back to sleep. The hard node to open the sub was difficult. I would've wiped if not for the fact that Juggernaut's final Headbutt took himself out too. I will take the Victory! any day.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5th slice. I selected the time before it started.

1st set of subs were hard. I wiped out on the entry node for the hard sub twice.
    2nd set were about normal
    3rd and 4th sets have been easy. Maybe 1 health pack at most to do clears of both subs.
  • This may be me being stupid but is there only supposed to be the single sub 'russia' in this current set?
  • Mr Stoat wrote:
    This may be me being stupid but is there only supposed to be the single sub 'russia' in this current set?

Err what can I say. Your not stupid the rescue part has always only had one sub.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:

Sixth set, "Italy" and "California", easy street continues....
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apologies for those that actually have scaling implemented because rewards are at stake but this easy node thing is definitely helping recharge the mpq battery for me. Little stress and less grinding for me.

Wish they did this for everyone as a way to balance their karma for the last two weeks of insanity they put us through.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think all the subs are equally easy for everyone. I'm in the same bracket as Mr Stoat and Sumilea but for me the fourth pair of subs was the first one where the Hard subs were still set to easy (or even trivial at the first round of playing), and if I read it correctly it started for some people in the same bracket at the second or third pairs of subs.

It could be I misunderstood, it just seems kind of random when it appears. All I can say is it's nice for a change to be able to play a little without any stress.. oh and the HP is very welcome of course. Unfortunately my RNG luck only gave me one IW cover out of 10 event tokens, but otherwise I'm quite liking this event.
  • lukewin
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    5th slice. I selected the time before it started.

1st set of subs were hard. I wiped out on the entry node for the hard sub twice.
    2nd set were about normal
    3rd and 4th sets have been easy. Maybe 1 health pack at most to do clears of both subs.

Hey TazFTW, am I in the Top 10 of your bracket? I also chose the 5th slice, but only minutes before it opened, if that. If I am in your Top 10, that means that the bracket didn't fill up before the event started. If I am not, then yours probably launched as a full bracket, and mine came later. Mine was not full upon launch.
    orbitalint wrote:
    Apologies for those that actually have scaling implemented because rewards are at stake but this easy node thing is definitely helping recharge the mpq battery for me. Little stress and less grinding for me.

Wish they did this for everyone as a way to balance their karma for the last two weeks of insanity they put us through.

I don't think anyone in my Top 10 is fighting for Top 2. And if they were, I feel bad for them. #1 has a lock, and I could lose #2 at any moment to 3 other people. I agree with you. Being able to breeze thru this sub has made life a lot easier for me, and has brought a good balance of sleep and MPQ.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Hey TazFTW, am I in the Top 10 of your bracket? I also chose the 5th slice, but only minutes before it opened, if that. If I am in your Top 10, that means that the bracket didn't fill up before the event started. If I am not, then yours probably launched as a full bracket, and mine came later. Mine was not full upon launch.

I don't see you. My bracket was full from the get go.