ISO-8 Brotherhood Dec 04 - 9

Options

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thought I would hate the event, due to 12 hr subs and the way time slices were done. Sucks that you are bracketed when you join, and the timer on the subs start when the event starts, but small price to pay. Did deter me from joining the first few slices, since I may have missed out on a sub or two.

I joined slice 5 shortly after it began. Not sure if other slice 5s launched with full brackets, since you are bracketed after you choose, but before event begins, but mine did not. Was 782 after I completed first node. One benefit I will enjoy about shorter subs is the rewards come quicker. Since I like instant gratification, will be nice to see rewards coming in every 12 hrs. Hoping to bank up a bunch of HP.

Reasonable amount of nodes in the first 2 subs, 6 each, with 5 repeatables. Hope that continues for the whole event. Been so long since last Iso 8, I can't recall.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Thought I would hate the event, due to 12 hr subs and the way time slices were done. Sucks that you are bracketed when you join, and the timer on the subs start when the event starts, but small price to pay. Did deter me from joining the first few slices, since I may have missed out on a sub or two.

I joined slice 5 shortly after it began. Not sure if other slice 5s launched with full brackets, since you are bracketed after you choose, but before event begins, but mine did not. Was 782 after I completed first node. One benefit I will enjoy about shorter subs is the rewards come quicker. Since I like instant gratification, will be nice to see rewards coming in every 12 hrs. Hoping to bank up a bunch of HP.

Reasonable amount of nodes in the first 2 subs, 6 each, with 5 repeatables. Hope that continues for the whole event. Been so long since last Iso 8, I can't recall.

The nodes are typical of iso 8 except the bonus node is available right away as opposed to requiring some community threshold to hit.
  • I feel ignorant. Enlighten me, pretty please. Alliance rewards for the subs. People have different end times for their subs. presumably that means an alliance could have people halfway through a sub when your sub ends....er...I don't know. How do I phrase this?
    Um.
    Right.

How are alliance sub event rewards donedone, when alliances could conceivably be in multiple sub event end times?
  • dearbluey wrote:
    I feel ignorant. Enlighten me, pretty please. Alliance rewards for the subs. People have different end times for their subs. presumably that means an alliance could have people halfway through a sub when your sub ends....er...I don't know. How do I phrase this?
    Um.
    Right.

How are alliance sub event rewards donedone, when alliances could conceivably be in multiple sub event end times?

They'd probably just hand them out after the last time slice has ended just like how all PvP alliance prizes are handed out after every time slice is done since otherwise it wouldn't even make sense.
  • Phantron wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    I feel ignorant. Enlighten me, pretty please. Alliance rewards for the subs. People have different end times for their subs. presumably that means an alliance could have people halfway through a sub when your sub ends....er...I don't know. How do I phrase this?
    Um.
    Right.

They'd probably just hand them out after the last time slice has ended just like how all PvP alliance prizes are handed out after every time slice is done since otherwise it wouldn't even make sense.

b-but...the subs will end and new ones will start and end, etc, before the last slice....
    I don't know. I think my brain is broken. Sorry for being dense this evening.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:

Easier to place in a sub, harder to win one strikes me as the immediate result.

If you have a grinder in your main then you're behind him even if he's in a different sub, so if your main=sub throughout the event then there's no real difference other than he'll probably beat you for all the rewards now instead of just the main. So from that angle, this change stinks for the casual player.

I won't play the current subs until the last two or three hours - I'll post how it goes and whether rubber band gets me anywhere close. For comparison I was first in both of the first set of subs and I would normally expect to get top 10 if I can grind at the end of a sub. Being with a group of people who chose this end time, I wouldn't be surprised if I did a bit worse than the past.

I agree that it shouldn't impact the main bracket, other than it encourages grinding when the sub rewards are good so if you don't go along with that a few more players might beat you. It's more that it's an unexpected change in bracketing that might catch people by surprise, and reduces an edge in sub rewards that knowledgeable late joiners could take advantage of.

I started playing the second subs with 3 hours left - at that time over 400 players in each of the subs were still at zero. Grinding down the nodes got me into top 50 fairly easily, but top 10 was out of reach starting that far behind.
  • It seems like while having your sub picked as soon as you pick your time slice messes up your score in some cases but you also benefit from having a large number of guys with 0 who also did the same thing, whereas this is normally impossible in any sub that didn't start in the last hour.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It seems like while having your sub picked as soon as you pick your time slice messes up your score in some cases but you also benefit from having a large number of guys with 0 who also did the same thing, whereas this is normally impossible in any sub that didn't start in the last hour.

Your sub isn't picked, your main is. Subs are picked when you do the fights in the main. You can still time the subs brackets to get in after 1000, but the interest level in this pve is so low that that's kinda dangerous. I spent all day in the same bracket that is only now going to fill up in shard 3.
  • Ryz-aus
    Options
    In third set of subs, scaling looks like it is broken - both subs are set to ridiculously easy difficulty. I have a ton of maxed characters, and see level 20 opponents on the "hard" sub essential nodes.

That's for the first time slice - curious if others see the same when this sub is available to them. The first two subs had fairly normal scaling IMO, so not sure why this one is different.
  • Ryz-aus
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It seems like while having your sub picked as soon as you pick your time slice messes up your score in some cases but you also benefit from having a large number of guys with 0 who also did the same thing, whereas this is normally impossible in any sub that didn't start in the last hour.

Your sub isn't picked, your main is. Subs are picked when you do the fights in the main. You can still time the subs brackets to get in after 1000, but the interest level in this pve is so low that that's kinda dangerous. I spent all day in the same bracket that is only now going to fill up in shard 3.

I was bracketed in the second and third set of subs before playing the main nodes - it just wasn't visible until playing the main ones. Otherwise, they wouldn't show as having 1000 players immediately on opening (with me in place 120, and less than that many players with sub scores above zero).
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I was bracketed in the second and third set of subs before playing the main nodes - it just wasn't visible until playing the main ones. Otherwise, they wouldn't show as having 1000 players immediately on opening (with me in place 120, and less than that many players with sub scores above zero).

I don't think that's accurate - it wasn't the last time iso-8 was around. I think it feels that way because the subs are filling up really slowly because of lack of interest. Took around 10 hours for my subs to fill up today.
  • When I completed the mission that unlocked the subs, I was around #425 with 0 points in that sub so and the players screen said 1000. Unless exactly that many people also finished the unlock mission literally one second after I finished it for my score of 0 to beat their score of 0 it'd have to be the case that people who haven't unlocked the sub are already in the sub, with a score of 0 and losing to anyone who has already unlocked the sub because that's the tiebreaker.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did this event just have a major reset in scaling? My hard nodes were starting at around 150 - this time my hardest node was India IV, and each were level 41?!?

For those wondering, I'm in the timeslice that ends Tuesday @ 12PM (PST) - I think that's the 2nd one, but I can't remember...
  • Ryz-aus
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    Did this event just have a major reset in scaling? My hard nodes were starting at around 150 - this time my hardest node was India IV, and each were level 41?!?

For those wondering, I'm in the timeslice that ends Tuesday @ 12PM (PST) - I think that's the 2nd one, but I can't remember...

Posted the same thing above. Something is wrong with the scaling of the third set of subs - I'm in the first end time so I've been seeing it for 6+ hours - still need to wait to see if it happens across all time slices.
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

Posted the same thing above. Something is wrong with the scaling of the third set of subs - I'm in the first end time so I've been seeing it for 6+ hours - still need to wait to see if it happens across all time slices.

I'm in the slice that ends at 6pm EST and i'm seeing the same thing. Nodes in both set of subs are starting at around level 20-30.
  • Phantron wrote:
    If the subs are still 100 HP for top 10, expect all the best F2P guys to be out in full force.
    Yes yes yes! This event is fantastic! 12 hour nodes = no getting bored of same nodes over and over and no overly stupid scaling. Final hardest node not repeatable = win. Four possible finishes per day. In 24 hours made 300 HP and 6 tokens just from personal placement. Roster slot prices wouldn't be a problem if HP rewards would be generous as this. For 'daylight' half I'm just using ye' old nuke them once per 2,5h and milk at last hour, top 1 in both. For 'nighttime' half I cleared just essentials in both three times (didn't even open other nodes), go to sleep, and wake 3 hours before end for one clear + grind for top50s.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    In third set of subs, scaling looks like it is broken - both subs are set to ridiculously easy difficulty. I have a ton of maxed characters, and see level 20 opponents on the "hard" sub essential nodes.

That's for the first time slice - curious if others see the same when this sub is available to them. The first two subs had fairly normal scaling IMO, so not sure why this one is different.

I ran into that, too. On the second node of the first set, the last battle was against enemies 100+ levels higher than anyone I had, even boosted, but the first node of the third set had me facing level 17 goons and no enemy in either set was above ~45.

For what it's worth, I'm a transitioning 2-star player with max character levels ~70. Also, the second set of subs seemed more normal in terms of difficulty, at least for me.
  • Ryz-aus
    Options
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

I'm in the slice that ends at 6pm EST and i'm seeing the same thing. Nodes in both set of subs are starting at around level 20-30.

Same thing happening for me again on the fourth set of nodes: Argentina/Sudan. One of my alliance mates did not see easy nodes on his third sub, so it's not occurring for all players consistently.
  • Mr Stoat wrote:

I am also in you time slice - same main/subs even - and I see the same joke levels in the "hard" sub. Th easy Nodes are way to low too maxing out at lvl 23 for the 2 stars - Rags will always be lvl 40 as he cannot be nerfed below that.
  • YES IF TIME SLICES IN PVE MEAN THESE NODES ARE THIS "HARD" I APPROVE!!!!