Thick As Thieves: Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Options

Comments

• wymtime wrote:
    IM35, Cmags, Don is the closest, but once people figured it out it was not that bad.

...This is still a long event. I have cleared all the rewards from each sub and still had a lot of time before the end. 6-7 days for a PVE is just too long. The subs do a good job of breaking things up, but the length of PVE still needs to be shorter.

Well thought out critique of the event. Spot on. I definitely concur on the event length. To grind out and retain top10 for 6-7 days can be grueling. 3 days, 4 max, would be more manageable. Since each sub is generally cleared out and only yielding 20 ISO after the first day anyway suggests each sub could be 1 day and change.

Out of curiosity, what team up did everyone use for IM35, CMags, Don? I ended up using Loki with a meat shield in front of him, and barely pulled out the win -- my Loki is min covers, min level. After scaling kicked in, I avoided that node.

I used Mororo, Hulk, Falcon for the two Ares essentials in the current (second? / this second to last) sets of subs. It worked quite reliably, and I was pleased to find a good use for Mororo. The risk was getting a Headbutt or Sunder/Onslaught to Falcon's face after matching yellow. Mororo collects so much TU that I was able to use some big TUs I'd been saving. And since you prioritize black, Venom/Moonstone get less Devour and Control Shift off, and with Hailstorm out, Symbiotic Snare and Gravity Warp become rather impotent.

For the Goon nodes, I've been using Falcon, Blade (lvl89, 233), OBW (max). Blade is a monster, even at level 89, half covered, once the thirst gets going. I look forward to seeing him totally wreck PVE at max level, max cover. icon_twisted.gif
  • I used X Force, Captain America, and The Hood on pretty much all the nonessential fights. In the 2 villians + 1 goon combo this means you only have to take out one person before you can 3 turns to every turn they get, and it's not exactly weak against a standard 3 villian format. Can probably tweak it better for some of the specific fights but didn't see a reason to.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just beat 6 (Deadly, level 283) with a maxed OBW, level 200 falcon and a level 68 3/1/1 Doc Ock. No team-ups used, just matching, and Doc took 1 hit and that was it. He does have his niche.

Gods that felt good.
  • avoiding two deadly nodes due to having one cover falcon (got rid of an old falcon cover a long time ago which was a huge mistake >.>)

Im not sure if i should even plan on getting rocket and groot, although im a huge fan of them. I'm without an alliance again so there's no point. I"ll just do the best i can with points and rack up ISO.
  • You can beat 6 and 7 with cstorm mnmags patch regardless of their level, easily. Boost purple/blue and fire off zerker rage first.
  • Captain America works well for the goon only nodes too.

I just brute force it with X Force/Daken/Falcon. Don't really have any way to dig out a nasty CD but fights don't last very long when you're dropping 2K match 3s on the enemy. By the way, Falcon isn't very good against the goons that spam massive number of CDs like this event. He's there for the offense with Daken. If I want to play more defensively I'd probably do X Force/Captain America/whoever.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    I just beat 6 (Deadly, level 283) with a maxed OBW, level 200 falcon and a level 68 3/1/1 Doc Ock. No team-ups used, just matching, and Doc took 1 hit and that was it. He does have his niche.

Gods that felt good.

i was able to take out my first two deadly nodes this pve with, i think, psylocke/falcon/hood. i agree, it feels good icon_lol.gif
  • Repeatable
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So someone want to go try these main nodes and see how they're implemented?
  • Repeatable, possibly no rubberbanding.
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Hood (100) + OBW (94) + 2* Torch (94)

Taking down 330s with EASE, couldn't believe it, never got to do that before. Tons O' fun!
  • 9 non essentials and 3 essentials
    Essentials worth 600, 809, 958 for me or something close to that

Leader is at 124736

I Was 76th before starting, cleared once and now in 55th place.

Rubber banding?
  • Looking at the rate the #2 gained on me (that is, not at all) despite being 15K behind and that I'm probably 10K behind whoever the overall main leader is I'd say there's at least a 25K range where rubberband is either insignificant or none. All my nodes look like they've no rubberband since a whole mess of them started with a number that ended in 0.

Even without rubberbanding, there looks like around 5000 base points so you can make up 50K points in the last day in theory. Of course, these nodes are pretty nuts so I don't know how viable it is to hit so many cycles. A lead is not likely to hold up with such high base point nodes though their difficulty might keep people in check. All the node with The Hood in it are hard. The essential with Ares + muscle is pretty brutal too with the rapid fire Sunders. In fact, I can't think of a reliable method to beat any of these nodes without using AP+3 all boosts. They're not exceptionally difficult but not having The Hood severely limits your options. I went with Daken + Falcon on Magneto + The Hood and that seemed to work okay, but it's a huge health pack drain to be running Falcon since he's going to be tanking at least 4 colors (his + TU) if maxed.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If those are the essentials for you then there is rubberband in but it's super weak. I'm at 28677 and mine are about 1050, 1200, 1400 or thereabouts (1:40 to regen so not 100% sure). My full clear nabbed me around 11k I think.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And then even if you do take out ares, the muscle starts pumping out 1k+ threaten tiles every couple turns
  • mohio wrote:
    If those are the essentials for you then there is rubberband in but it's super weak. I'm at 28677 and mine are about 1050, 1200, 1400 or thereabouts (1:40 to regen so not 100% sure). My full clear nabbed me around 11k I think.

28677 is your total score? That's less than double of the base value for sure and I have 145K and I think there is someone with 10K more than me.
  • mohio
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    mohio wrote:

28677 is your total score? That's less than double of the base value for sure and I have 145K and I think there is someone with 10K more than me.
    That's my total score after one clear. Started around 17600 after the previous sub iirc.
  • mohio wrote:

The base points are 6720 and the rubber band starts when your some 80K points from the global leader. My alt on 400 points did not even see double points. The good news however is even if you on zero if you grind the main you get the progression reward icon_e_smile.gif
  • I don't understand why they changed the model where the main nodes are not repeatable. I wouldn't mind having an early day off, but if they want people to have something to do they can just run a 24 hour sub again. There are way too many nodes and way too many points. It's pretty much a 24 hour Heroic Jugg/Venom in terms of node density.
  • mohio
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't understand why they changed the model where the main nodes are not repeatable. I wouldn't mind having an early day off, but if they want people to have something to do they can just run a 24 hour sub again. There are way too many nodes and way too many points. It's pretty much a 24 hour Heroic Jugg/Venom in terms of node density.
    I just joined 30 minutes before the end of that last sub and I'm already dreading this need to grind for the next 24 hours cause there are so many points. Hoping some of these guys in my bracket take it easy and I can grab a big enough lead so I don't have to kill myself.