Thick As Thieves: Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Options

Comments

• lukewin wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    I'd have no issue with this event if it wasn't for all the subs and the main finishing at 5am (GMT) / 6am (CET). That means that anyone in Europe needed to wake up 4 times during this event at stupid o'clock to play for a minimum of 45 minutes, if they wanted to place in the top 50... let alone top 10.

I am not going to have to wake up at stupid o'clock for a top 10 finish. Currently 31.5K over tenth and slowly extending the advantage. (I am sure Lukewin happy to hear this as I flown passed them after they held second spot for the past 4 days)

So happy to hear this. I don't have any IW Green. I thought I was going to kiss that cover goodbye. I will still be playing, as my alliance needs a push to get into Top 100. Real classy move, as you could stay up and grab that IW Green for the 1000 ISO, or start a new IW.

Go ahead and pass me also. I don't need the IW and I am just doing a node here and there for the iso. Probably not going to do a last hour push either. If I do I'll make sure I don't pass you.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Praise Ganesh, this is almost over and I'll have two Rocket and Groot covers.

Six day events blow so hard.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    When the hard node is hood/ares/ragnaspam... no thanks. Everything else is clearing out ok with a few healthpacks used. I probably wouldn't be touching 'business partners' at all if I didn't have a **** ton of ap boosts I've been ignoring for a few events. OBW/falcon/a.wolvie boosted +3g/b/r/y and +3 all allows for a feral claws that drops 3 strike tiles before making a match. Slap that against Mags, match yellow until it's gone, and that fight is pretty trivial for my marginal roster. Having the featured character covered well helps considerably this time around. Only once, on a yellow starved board, did Mags get close to casting an ability, but luckily aggressive recon kept it in check.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been loving the Patch/Hulk Berserker Rage/Anger bombs in the hard nodes. Can usually get a couple of fights out of Hulk before he needs a health pack.

Anger tiles for days, it's a beautiful thing.
  • Not sure I'll be able to jump 300 spots to grab a rocket/groot, hopefully Demiurge realizes some people had issues due to lollipop...grrr
  • Other that that you don't have The Hood I don't find the node composition to be exceptionally difficult. Of course not having The Hood is kind of a big deal when you're fighting stuff in the level 250+ range, but the nodes with The Hood are relatively light on the cheese. For Daken + Bullseye + The Hood just head straight to Peacemaker and you can outlast them with your defense tiles (and they have no move besides Twin Pistols that can break through Peacemaker). For Ragnarok + Ares + The Hood you just have to get yellow/green in a standard Daken + Falcon setup (you can take Thunderclaps). For Business Partner usually you have to sacrifice a guy to take the Magnetized Particles but if you trade 1 for 1 against The Hood it should be pretty simple to wrap up as Magneto only has 2 colors to attack, and you can take a couple Polarized Force in most cases. The worst node is probably the essential with the rapid fire Sunder, but at least that one starts out at a lower level for being an essential.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Other that that you don't have The Hood I don't find the node composition to be exceptionally difficult. Of course not having The Hood is kind of a big deal when you're fighting stuff in the level 250+ range, but the nodes with The Hood are relatively light on the cheese. For Daken + Bullseye + The Hood just head straight to Peacemaker and you can outlast them with your defense tiles (and they have no move besides Twin Pistols that can break through Peacemaker). For Ragnarok + Ares + The Hood you just have to get yellow/green in a standard Daken + Falcon setup (you can take Thunderclaps). For Business Partner usually you have to sacrifice a guy to take the Magnetized Particles but if you trade 1 for 1 against The Hood it should be pretty simple to wrap up as Magneto only has 2 colors to attack, and you can take a couple Polarized Force in most cases. The worst node is probably the essential with the rapid fire Sunder, but at least that one starts out at a lower level for being an essential.

Agree. This pve has been relatively simple for me. I could clear through all nodes with 1 or 2 health packs. It's usually Sunder or Magnetized Particles that kill my character.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ugh, I'm so close to earning my first Invisible Woman after a year in this game! But my fresh times are off by an hour.
    I'll have to grind for points on less-than-full nodes. Wish me luck (unless you're going for #2 too)!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, I'm so close to earning my first Invisible Woman after a year in this game! But my fresh times are off by an hour.
    I'll have to grind for points on less-than-full nodes. Wish me luck (unless you're going for #2 too)!
    Not gonna fight you for it. Good luck!

Edit: also bowgentle is a good guy so if it's close he might not fight you over 1k iso
  • Much to my surprise, #2 is looking plausible - definitely pushing for it, since that will finish off my Invisible Woman. She'll be my first complete 4* that doesn't need any respec if I get it. And she's overwhelmingly powerful, too.
  • man being a top 100 alliance is taking alot more effort than it used to with all the free alliance slots
  • Seasick Pirate
    Options
    Oh, jeez. I didn't even bother looking at who was ahead of me.
    I'm not guaranteed #2 so don't hold back because of me. I'm still going to try like hell though because I've never been this close. Feels good!

Just anxiously waiting on my points to fill up before the final push.
  • I'd like to give a big shout out for the nodes with a yellow AP generating thug and Ares in them. Just when you thought nothing was more annoying than Heroic Jugs, along comes his big cousin Sunder Ares with a character that gives him guaranteed AP to fuel his suicide every fight.

Like having nodes that are scaled out of your range aren't stupid enough, we gotta have these two every map? What in the world. lol
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I should do this build a lead thing and do nothing last refresh more often. Super entertaining to watch people duke it out and increase their pve scaling for future events, muahaha
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, jeez. I didn't even bother looking at who was ahead of me.
    I'm not guaranteed #2 so don't hold back because of me. I'm still going to try like hell though because I've never been this close. Feels good!

Just anxiously waiting on my points to fill up before the final push.
    I just made sure to keep T10 and stopped with 25 minutes to go, rooting for you to overtake me - glad it worked out for you icon_e_smile.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grats seasick pirate! Was worried for a minute you might not make it in those last 20 minutes but I'm glad you did. Told you bowgentle was a good guy icon_e_smile.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Until I read thru this thread, I was seriously underestimating the OBW Falcon Wolverine combo. I had given up on The Who and Business Partners. Then tried that combo, and made it out like a boss. Glad this event is over.
  • I should do this build a lead thing and do nothing last refresh more often. Super entertaining to watch people duke it out and increase their pve scaling for future events, muahaha

I had a 25K lead on #2 and watching 3 guys fight for #2 was quite entertaining.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Options
    In the words of the Road Warriors, WHAT A RUSH!
    I was real worried there too. Was getting real bad boards and ended up having 8 downed heroes and 0 health packs at the end. But I was able to slip into 2nd place by about 500 points. Put an asterisk by my name if need be but I feel good about this win. Thanks a lot guys!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the words of the Road Warriors, WHAT A RUSH!
    I was real worried there too. Was getting real bad boards and ended up having 8 downed heroes and 0 health packs at the end. But I was able to slip into 2nd place by about 500 points. Put an asterisk by my name if need be but I feel good about this win. Thanks a lot guys!
    Congrats, you totally earned that cover icon_e_smile.gif

Sorry for making it so close, I was half asleep and went for a full clear on autopilot, should have stopped earlier.