Thick As Thieves: Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    I wonder how much of a lead is sufficient for me to get an 8hr sleep. 7k sufficient?

Not unless the other guys go to sleep too. There's 6.7K in base points.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    atomzed wrote:
    I wonder how much of a lead is sufficient for me to get an 8hr sleep. 7k sufficient?

Lead on what?

When there are roughly 5k Points available for each clear, that lead can be eaten in 2 clears. So, in 5 hours you would be behind.

Good luck!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frankly though, I can't see how anyone from Europe could achieve top 10 without grinding out the end of at least 3 of the 4 finishes.
    By waiting for a fresh bracket on the final day, and only grinding for the last 24 hrs.
    Since points look good I fully plan to only get up for the final 75 minutes tomorrow morning and will try for t10.

Of course I'm not contributing much to my alliance's score, but I'm keeping my sanity.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    While I think that this event has been pretty okay in terms of sub rewards and no ridiculous scaling, I think I've experienced some outrageous sharding shenanigans. I started playing the pve with less than 24 hours to go before the end of the third sub, and after doing one node I was #989 in my main bracket. The leader of my bracket had almost 100k points, which was in the ballpark of the scores of the top players in top alliances at that time. So with less than a day left in the third sub I was sharded into the same main bracket as people who played from the very start? Well that's just great icon_evil.gif
    That's the risk of joining late
    Yeah I know, there's that risk. It's just that I thought the worst that could happen is I get into a bracket with people who did the second sub. I didn't expect there to be people from the start icon_cry.gif

100K was very doable with just the 2nd and 3rd subs.

I'm pretty sure I had over 70k from just the 3rd sub
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Frankly though, I can't see how anyone from Europe could achieve top 10 without grinding out the end of at least 3 of the 4 finishes.
    By waiting for a fresh bracket on the final day, and only grinding for the last 24 hrs.
    Since points look good I fully plan to only get up for the final 75 minutes tomorrow morning and will try for t10.

Of course I'm not contributing much to my alliance's score, but I'm keeping my sanity.

This is not intended as a dig. I assume you are UK/Europe. Therefore how is getting up at 5am keeping your sanity? I assume you don't do that kind of thing normally, and it represents getting up way earlier than normal and being knackered for the day?

Or maybe I'm just too old and need my eight hours sleep.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:

This is not intended as a dig. I assume you are UK/Europe. Therefore how is getting up at 5am keeping your sanity? I assume you don't do that kind of thing normally, and it represents getting up way earlier than normal and being knackered for the day?

Or maybe I'm just too old and need my eight hours sleep.

I would assume because he is only doing that once, as opposed to 6 times over the past week.
  • Ok. That still seems bonkers to me but I can see the logic. Sort of icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Dropped from 7 to 15 overnight as I ran out of health packs before clearing all the nodes & wiped before going to sleep.
    Community scaling must have kicked in shortly after I opened up the last 3 nodes this morning and saw "The Who" go from Hard to Deadly when I finished clearing "The Meeting IX" the first time.
    Even with the boosted characters I have a feeling these two nodes alone are going to use up my healthpack.png in no time flat.
    Anyone have any good combos? I'm firmly in 2* land and none of them are @lvl 94.
  • Business Partners is kicking my **** fairly substantially. I think I'll have to resort to boosting as one 'blue' attack from Magneto is killing my lv 225 X-Force in one hit.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    That Magneto is scary. If you don't think you can keep blue away from him it's hardly worth confronting him.
    For me, he's doing +1000 damage for EACH red/blue swap he makes. Yuck!

I'm not enjoying "The Who" either. There's only so much green and red denying you can do before Hood ruins your day.
  • Congrats on the easy bracket then I guess? My one has been ultra competitive from the start. Frankly though, I can't see how anyone from Europe could achieve top 10 without grinding out the end of at least 3 of the 4 finishes.

It looks easier than most but I try and join the first subs when the really mad players have already started. Tenth is currently 112K and I just overtaken BBBomber for first spot on 144K - they get it back when I stop in 3 refreshes time. I ground out the finishes of the second and third subs could probably have not worried about the second one with the amount of points on offer in the third sub and main but you never know these things in advance.
  • Yeah, in my bracket 112k would earn you the lofty heights of 25th place. Arf!
  • I had a 17K lead before going to sleep and have a 19K after doing my morning refresh, so I could've lost at most about 4000 points (assuming the 2nd place is about to do his cycle and clear all of it). I guess this event is not as grindy as I thought simply because you'd just be downed from The Hood nodes and have nothing to grind! Although I was able to clear the nodes most of them could've easily gone very bad in a hurry. For Magneto usually I can upgrade enough strike tiles to take down The Hood and then let Falcon take a Magnetized Particle for the team, and with The Hood gone it's quite simple to defend against Magneto (just match all the red/blue). Keep in mind Daken can get rid of blue tiles which is very useful if you haven't upgraded too many strike tiles yet. Whatever regen hit you take is meaningless since Magnetized Particles pretty much kills anyone in one hit. I use Daken + Falcon to power through the enemy, and when Daken can't be used (only one node) I use OBW + Captain and try to get a Peacemaker on The Hood as early as possible since stunning him gives you a chance to outlast his team, and when he starts with 9K or so HP you got no choice but to outlast him, and OBW still gets Espionage on purple and blue assuming your third guy is strong in those colors.
  • atomzed wrote:

I working on the idea that 35K is enought.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

8 hour is 3 cycles, and assuming this isn't the end of the event that's about 18K points. If this is the end of the event in theory someone could've grinded everything down to 1 for 3X base point on the last cycle and that'd be around 30K.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sumilea wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

Managed to wake up in the middle of night for 1 full clear. Now my lead (over no. 10th spot) is extended to 8000+ points.

It looks like not many outside of top 10 is grinding very hard. I hope I'm safe for a top 10 spot.

Surprisingly, my "Business partners" and "The who" remains are still at normal difficulty. Their level is currently 296 and with boosts I am able to plough through them. Typically I spend 3 health packs for one full clear. Not bad if I say so myself
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

8 hour is 3 cycles, and assuming this isn't the end of the event that's about 18K points. If this is the end of the event in theory someone could've grinded everything down to 1 for 3X base point on the last cycle and that'd be around 30K.
    One full clear in the currently open bracket is worth 13K.
    So it really depends on whether you have been playing this the whole week or only started today.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep grinding this event for top 20?
    f3argh.jpg
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Business Partners is kicking my **** fairly substantially. I think I'll have to resort to boosting as one 'blue' attack from Magneto is killing my lv 225 X-Force in one hit.

Try Patch, Daken, Psylock with a boost 3 to green/Black. 2 Green matches to BR, 1 black for Psylock. You should be able to take down hood fairly quickly and then you just need to keep matching and denying Cmags of his colors.

STRIKE TILES!! STRIKE TILES EVERYWHERE!!!!!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

One full clear in the currently open bracket is worth 13K.
    So it really depends on whether you have been playing this the whole week or only started today.

Really? My full clear is only worth 6000+ points. I am currently at 5th with 130k points.

Not aiming for higher. Just want 3 covers.