Thick As Thieves: Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Options

Comments

• Vankysher wrote:
    Anderson Bio-Technic V already scaled at 116/117/117 and killed my teams.
    Ares & Empiricist at ~7200 hp ea coupled with Bullseye's annoying protect tiles made this a battle of attrition.
    AWolv got one shot by the Empiricist Merciless Crush as I couldn't get rid of the countdown tile.
    OBW was one shot by Ares sunder.
    Thor managed to take out Bullseye & the Empiricist due to the fortunate build up of AP OBW AR'd before she died.
    In the end Ares Sundered him twice and down he went.
    Maybe I should run my 0/4/2 LCap instead of AWolv just to get rid of those protect tiles?

Don't let Ares join the fight. Mags/Storm can keep him locked down as long you have pink/blue . Start with a +3 pink/blue boost & life gets a lot easier. I am not sure what your roster looks like, but in my case I brought along Dr. Doom to tank pink/blue for my glass cannons. This worked on a 215/216/216 version of this node.

Hope this helps.
  • mnmags+cstorm+awolvie will do the ares nodes pretty easily, even better with patch. Mine has 5 green so zerker rage+mnmags pueple does arund 5k damage usually, then cstorm blue does 3k AoE and stuns another guy, and then you can match for usually another 1k damage.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FlaDoc wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Anderson Bio-Technic V already scaled at 116/117/117 and killed my teams.
    Ares & Empiricist at ~7200 hp ea coupled with Bullseye's annoying protect tiles made this a battle of attrition.
    AWolv got one shot by the Empiricist Merciless Crush as I couldn't get rid of the countdown tile.
    OBW was one shot by Ares sunder.
    Thor managed to take out Bullseye & the Empiricist due to the fortunate build up of AP OBW AR'd before she died.
    In the end Ares Sundered him twice and down he went.
    Maybe I should run my 0/4/2 LCap instead of AWolv just to get rid of those protect tiles?

Don't let Ares join the fight. Mags/Storm can keep him locked down as long you have pink/blue . Start with a +3 pink/blue boost & life gets a lot easier. I am not sure what your roster looks like, but in my case I brought along Dr. Doom to tank pink/blue for my glass cannons. This worked on a 215/216/216 version of this node.

Hope this helps.

Was v helpful. Was nice to be on the giving end of Storm's Tempest instead of the receiving end. She ripped through thousands of enemy health points without my lifting a finger. icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why does the Anderson Bio-Technic map launch with a node hidden off screen to the left?
  • fmftint wrote:
    Why does the Anderson Bio-Technic map launch with a node hidden off screen to the left?

Is that a mobile thing? It looks fine on steam.
    3HrqeVu.jpg
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Is that a mobile thing? It looks fine on steam.
    3HrqeVu.jpg
    It is a mobile thing. The first node is a little hidden. I always check both sides of the screen in PVE to make sure I don't miss anything.
  • fmftint wrote:
    Because in normal fashion the most basic things are too hard to do properly as any talent is busy designing poor levels players are forced to play in order to win a marginal character allowing them to play the next marginal level.
  • Thanks for the endless string of 20 ISO
  • The last sub is 2D, which leaves 24 hours for the main nodes. It's anyone's guess what format they'll be this time around. I'm guessing it's going to be repeatable non rubberbanding because it seems to make the most sense. Out of the 4 possible choice we have:

Non repeatable no rubberband - Victory lap where the outcome is decided in the first 2 hours after the nodes open up (because nobody can gain on anyone else)
    Non repeatable rubberband - Victory lap as soon as the overall main bracket leader is done (nobody can possibly get any higher than this and it might as well be fixed points at this point for anyone else)
    Repeatable no rubberband - Grindfest
    Repeatable rubberband - Bloodbath
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The last sub is 2D, which leaves 24 hours for the main nodes. It's anyone's guess what format they'll be this time around. I'm guessing it's going to be repeatable non rubberbanding because it seems to make the most sense. Out of the 4 possible choice we have:

Non repeatable no rubberband - Victory lap where the outcome is decided in the first 2 hours after the nodes open up (because nobody can gain on anyone else)
    Non repeatable rubberband - Victory lap as soon as the overall main bracket leader is done (nobody can possibly get any higher than this and it might as well be fixed points at this point for anyone else)

One of the times they did this they repeated the subs. It is definitely possible they may repeat the first sub again. I would definitely say we're almost certainly getting this, "grindfest" or "bloodbath."
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The last sub is 2D, which leaves 24 hours for the main nodes. It's anyone's guess what format they'll be this time around. I'm guessing it's going to be repeatable non rubberbanding because it seems to make the most sense. Out of the 4 possible choice we have:

I say it will the main bracket will open up and there will be no rubber banding. It will be a grindfest but there will be some nice ISO rewards. The last battle with Hood will be tinykitty awful and will require at least 2 health packs. I think it is super Cmags and Hood for that battle.
  • Looking at the base points so far I'm hoping the final bracket will be no rubberband with less than 4000 base points. That'd put it at 40K for the 24H which is way more grindy than I'd like but still barely tolerable. Anything more than that (either base or put significant rubberbanding) and it'll just be a straight up bloodbath, and even at 4000 base that's probably a bloodbath for anyone under 40K, which I suspect there are quite a few.

I don't think Mag + The Hood is going to be too bad because the previous iterations involves fighting pre nerf version of Magneto so he pretty much spammed Magnetized Particles every turn and you never have a way to get out of it since Magnetized Particles tend to reset the board in a favorable way for Dormammu's Aid. In this version you only have to watch red/blue and even with The Hood's AP steal, that's not a hard number of colors to defend. All the other colors are pretty much harmless and sure you'll get slowed down but as long as they can't use their 2 color of attack you should be okay.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone have suggestions for Scotland Yard IX?
    The boosted Juggy is killing any combos I run since Falcon is required making my offensive options a bit limited.
    I've tried AWolv/Thor, MNMag/cStorm and have yet to clear that node even once despite it showing as "Normal" for me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember fondly when they first ran this event with Daredevil as a reward and the Patch bug was in place that didn't create enemy strike tiles with Berserker Rage.

Good times...good times...
  • Vankysher wrote:
    The boosted Juggy is killing any combos I run since Falcon is required making my offensive options a bit limited.
    I've tried AWolv/Thor, MNMag/cStorm and have yet to clear that node even once despite it showing as "Normal" for me.

Without knowing your exact roster I'm guessing you don't have Daken 3* and you don't have Inspiration on a high level, so it's essentialy a 2on3 and the characters that'd appear best out of the available roster would be OBW + whoever is your best damage guy (Thor or Wolverine most likely). Don't worry about special tiles because you need both Daken 3* and a very high level Inspiration to make it work.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:

Without knowing your exact roster I'm guessing you don't have Daken 3* and you don't have Inspiration on a high level, so it's essentialy a 2on3 and the characters that'd appear best out of the available roster would be OBW + whoever is your best damage guy (Thor or Wolverine most likely). Don't worry about special tiles because you need both Daken 3* and a very high level Inspiration to make it work.

My Daken 3* is only 0/2/1 so he clearly needs covers and my Daken 2* is 5/3/5 but only at lvl 59.
    My Falcon is 2/2/2 so yeah Inspiration doesn't do a whole lot for me.
    Thx for the suggestions. I'll give OBW & AWolv a shot.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Event rewards:

50K - 1K ISO
    70K - 500 ISO

I'll never understand that. Surely should be equal or higher? We're grinding our butts off here, throw us a frickin' purple bone icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I'm at 34k with 2d2h left. Is it possible for me to hit the 80k yellow Falcon reward still?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Event rewards:

50K - 1K ISO
    70K - 500 ISO

I'll never understand that. Surely should be equal or higher? We're grinding our butts off here, throw us a frickin' purple bone icon_rolleyes.gif

It's easier to understand if you think of the progression as a whole. 50k is 1850 Iso, 70 k is 2350 iso. I would guess they choose the tiers that way based on numbers, most who get to 70k likely get to 80k, so they're getting the 3* cover which balances the lower ISO jump.

At least that's how I see it having a plausible explanation.
  • haysoy wrote:
    I'm at 34k with 2d2h left. Is it possible for me to hit the 80k yellow Falcon reward still?

I just made 11.2K on my first clear of the sub so by the end should be in excess of 35K. So if there anything like a reasonable set of point on in the last 24 hours and you can do the 7 final full clears in the second sub yes you should make it. Is it worth the effort well that is another question.