*** Rocket and Groot (Most Wanted)***

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, just realized that you can retreat tank to get groot down to below 25% health. Yellos at beginning of every match? Yes please.
  • Hey guys, just realized that you can retreat tank to get groot down to below 25% health. Yellos at beginning of every match? Yes please.

I was doing that to test him out, though starting with roughly 100 HP (after 3 retreats) seems kind of scary. Start every game with a free Polarized Force!
  • Definitely gives him good Synergy with Hood.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have R&G at level 60 after some leveling. I just needed to Prologue Retreat from Ragnarok once to get R&G under 25% health. Yeah, that's a pretty awesome first move.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im guessing 535 is optimal. Blue gets a lot better at 5 (also once you realize that you can place the cd tile and its not random). With retreat tanking you probably want max yellow so groot can continue to tank stuff. Green seems mediocre in general, but his blue + free polarizing force at beginning of each match is probably good enough for him to see some sort of play in pve. Hes probably the new best goon killer cause of the free polarizing.
  • With ppl starting to abuse the retreat prologue a nerf will come for RG. I d ont think the devs toughted bout that..
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Got A Plan - 11 Blue bluetile.png
    Rocket builds a ridiculously awesome weapon out of scraps. Place a 3-turn countdown tile on any basic tile. When his designs come to fruition, this countdown transforms 2 random basic blue tiles into strength 55 Strike tiles.
    Level 2: Rocket makes strength 66 Strike Tiles.
    Level 3: Rocket makes 3 strike tiles.
    Level 4: Max: 2-turn countdown, turn 3 bluetile.png into strength 244 Strike tiles.
    Level 5: Max: Turn 4 bluetile.png into strength 261 Strike tiles.
    Max Level: Turn 4 bluetile.png into strength 261 Strike tiles.

Please replace "turn (tile into)" to "change" to be less confusing.
  • I think the yellow will get cleaned up whenever they finally acknowledge that any amount of true healing makes a character overwhelmingly better for prolonged play unless the character is so bad to be unplayable in the first place. Compared to similar abilities his yellow isn't particularly worse than stuff like Healing Factor or even Recovery. In PvP needing the extra time to setup a low health start matters, not to mention he's not exactly the fastest character so if your goal is to just play slow & steady it'll work but you won't get any impressive score, certainly no more than just using other guys who can true heal (Patch, Daken, X Force). For PvE you've more time to set stuff up but PvE tends to feature guys that can overwhelm anything with their sheer level advantage. Even though his regen is very impressive, you really don't want to get into a prolonged fight against anything higher than level 250 in the first place and anything at that level often have moves that can bring you directly to 0.
  • unbemator wrote:
    With ppl starting to abuse the retreat prologue a nerf will come for RG. I d ont think the devs toughted bout that..

There's not much they can do....you can still tank in PVP/PVE if it becomes the hot new strategy. I mean hell, you can still prologue heal daken/patch even though they nerfed everyone else's healing due to "prologue abuse"...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any news on percentages in yellow ? it is always 25% the percentage where it stars to heal? Anyone has yellow power descriptions?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    10,000 HP means it will be very easy to know when health is low enough for I Am Groot. Nice touch.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    Any news on percentages in yellow ? it is always 25% the percentage where it stars to heal? Anyone has yellow power descriptions?
    From whale hunting, it appears to be 25% at 5 covers.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Green count the AP used for the skill in destroying extra tiles or is it extra green after the 10?

In other words you have 14 Green AP does it blow up the hole plus 7 random tiles, or the hole plus 2 tiles?
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    Can anyone confirm the usefulness on this character, I don't look forward to collecting them and wasting iso if they indeed suck. Granted they will be used soon. I'd like definite proof of these characters usefulness before I get worked up. I certainly have other characters I'm more concerned with leveling.

I think it depends on what you mean by usefulness... Most new characters have been only useful inasmuch as they are the special guest character node for the next PvE.

The fact that the endgame roster has been Hood / Sentry / XForce / CMags / etc. for the last while tells you that none of the new characters are "useful". The most anticipated "useful" character is lady Thor and her deployment is being dragged out over 3 seasons. The charged tile mechanic is probably going to be a total game changer.

So until then, we can get new characters that drain, suck, throw, invent, shield, morph, have fancy purples, etc. to keep us busy and spending ISO/HP. But none of them will truly be useful. My thoughts anyway.

EDIT: Holy ****, scratch that part about LThor being dragged out... PvE is the place to be... and for now I am glad I nabbed 1st in the last event.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Does Green count the AP used for the skill in destroying extra tiles or is it extra green after the 10?

In other words you have 14 Green AP does it blow up the hole plus 7 random tiles, or the hole plus 2 tiles?

Finally play tested him. His green is better than it sounds, but not game breaking either. The number of tiles Rocket destroys is based on how much green AP was in your pool when you activate the skill so if you had 12 green, he will destroy 6 tiles plus the 2x2 or 2x4 that Groot does so it does a bit more damage than you would think. I had read it as you would pay 10 AP and then if you had 2 AP left over it would let you destroy 1 tile, so I'm happy being wrong, of course I could have looked at Hulk and realized it. So 10AP even max green he does 2405 dmg vs. 1485 at lvl 4.

I'm waiting to see what the ratio returns are on his yellow passive, if level 5 is overkill I might go 4/4/5 or 4/5/4, but I think 5 blue is almost a must
  • Eh. Maybe because of the frequency I play with Daken, but a single additional Strike Tile doesn't strike me as essential. 4/5/4 is probably the build I would land on. Retreat to <25% health, match yellow to open the match, destorying all TU, and run Groot/Hood/Deadpool. Actives on all colors, no overlap, and no TUs on the board turn 1 supercharges Hood blueflag.png. Plus Initmidate will accelerate IGaP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Eh. Maybe because of the frequency I play with Daken, but a single additional Strike Tile doesn't strike me as essential.
    Strike tiles on level 4: 3x244 = 732 total
    Strike tiles on level 5: 4x261 = 1044 total
    That's a 42% increase in damage from the start, not counting the fact that it's harder to get rid of 4 strike tiles.
    I am undecided myself, but I'm leaning towards leaving Green at 3...
  • It really depends on who you are going to run him with. Their greenflag.png can be pretty good direct damage, especially if you save up 20 AP first. Destroy 18 tiles at whatever damage per tile, and then destroy 13 tiles. But if you are going to run them with, say, Thor, or Patch, or Gamorra (if her green is awesome) then you don't need 5 Green.
  • unbemator wrote:
    With ppl starting to abuse the retreat prologue a nerf will come for RG. I d ont think the devs toughted bout that..

Bro...thats the understatment of the year. The Devs NEVER think about anything. They just push **** out quickly and then push out more **** quickly again...and then guess what they do after that?

i also totally agree that they will nerf this prologue retreat thing ASAP.

get it while the getting is good. the dummies will soon realize that some of he fast **** that they rushed out is not working as intended (for them) and fix it asap.

meanwhile stuff that the community has been asking for for months will go unnoticed and not responded to.

great game. even better team running things.

marc
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, while RocGroot yellow can be potentially abused in prologue, it is actually quite tedious.

1) retreat 3 times.
    2) match a yellow
    3) hope there's enough TU on board to heal to full.
    4) if not enough, repeat the process 1 to 3.

It's much harder compared to ldaken or patch.

I don't even do prologue healing for ldaken now, since it takes too much time. Will I use RocGroot in healing? No.