*** Rocket and Groot (Most Wanted)***

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updated the first post with more stats. They have Sentry/SheHulk/Thor level health, a lot of board-shake, and an ability to place a countdown, so I expect them to be useful. Especially if I Am Groot is true healing.

R&G will be a great damage sponge in that case. X-Force, R&G, Deadpool to cover all colors. Aim for blacktile.png initially, get R&G out front when an attack is coming. Let them get pounded, then heal them up, destroying all team-up tiles, follow with Surgical Strike. Groot-X is Grotesque! GrotX?

Not all that easy to pull off, but possible -- we'll need to see the higher levels of I Am Groot.

They won't work well with Magneto or Storm Mohawk, who also destroy team-up tiles. They don't look like a main-line damage dealer.
  • Trying to let someone get pounded with Deadpool on your team is difficult. Try X-Force, R&G, and Blade instead? Or Mystique, to feed that lovely black and purple.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Can anyone confirm the usefulness on this character, I don't look forward to collecting them and wasting iso if they indeed suck. Granted they will be used soon. I'd like definite proof of these characters usefulness before I get worked up. I certainly have other characters I'm more concerned with leveling.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    We can't use them yet and don't know how their skills improve with more covers, so no, nobody can (other than the dev team). Wait a week, then check.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    don't forget how they'll play out on defense. the computer is going to prioritize getting enough colors for whatever ability it's trying to fire off. so grocket could be sitting at 25% and instead of a yellow match it'd make a TU match just because that's how the ai roles. in many situations this could spell win or lose, especially if you're beat up enough to the point that grocket is at 25% or lower. ecountdown.png

Defense is irrelevant for Rocket and Groot: the enemy player will be smart enough to burst Groot down from above 25% to 0.

But with 5 covers this percentage will probably be higher, I expect it to be around 40 or 50% at 5 covers (maybe more icon_e_surprised.gif )... Then you will need to do 5000+ hps in one attack (so now you will need someone like XForce or Magneto to kill groot, Magneto could be specially good against Groot because he will be able to kill him, and eliminate TeamUp tiles son he can't heal).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    don't forget how they'll play out on defense. the computer is going to prioritize getting enough colors for whatever ability it's trying to fire off. so grocket could be sitting at 25% and instead of a yellow match it'd make a TU match just because that's how the ai roles. in many situations this could spell win or lose, especially if you're beat up enough to the point that grocket is at 25% or lower. ecountdown.png

Defense is irrelevant for Rocket and Groot: the enemy player will be smart enough to burst Groot down from above 25% to 0.

But with 5 covers this percentage will probably be higher, I expect it to be around 40 or 50% at 5 covers (maybe more icon_e_surprised.gif )... Then you will need to do 5000+ hps in one attack (so now you will need someone like XForce or Magneto to kill groot, Magneto could be specially good against Groot because he will be able to kill him, and eliminate TeamUp tiles son he can't heal).

This would be overly broken. I could see going as high as 30% but not 40 or 50. This is how I see it.

Yellow maxed will basically heal you from 25 maybe 30% to full health depending upon the number of TU tiles. Basically the higher the covers the more you will heal for each TU.

Blue. Sentry level strike tile with Captain America blue's ability of placement and countdown. Max level I could maybe see the CD go to 2

Green. This is harder to predict, but essentially this skill is if Punisher's Judgement and Hulk's Thunderous Clap had a baby. I'm guessing it will destroy at minimum of a 3x3 area and do some fairly decent damage for any extra green you have lying around.

Build Prediction?
    No idea. If yellow doesn't get big returns for the covers, I could see going full on 3/5/5, however based on initial numbers, his green destruction per tile is not very high. Mohawk Storm's base damage on Mistress is 38 dmg per tile where R&G's is only 23. Now he does get bonus damage of 31, but not sure if the bonus dmg of 1 tile destroyed per 2 Green AP applies before or after the skill is cast. And we pretty much know what the end result of his strike tiles will be damage wise the question is how quick will they resolve.

Honestly...I think R&G will end up being a solid character. Being able to tank yellow plus heal allows him to pair with some guys with better synergy than what we have. He can cover yellow for Hood, he pairs very nice with Captain America as he can cover him both yellow and blue, he also covers nicely for Thor and Sentry, and R&G can nicely recover from a World Rupture shakeup if they are low on health. Will he warp the meta, no...will he be a powerhouse in PvP? probably not, I see him as a very good PvE character and a mid tier PvP character.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Yellow maxed will basically heal you from 25 maybe 30% to full health depending upon the number of TU tiles. Basically the higher the covers the more you will heal for each TU.

But I don't think all levels are going to be about health strength. I see it more like :

1- Heal 88
    2- Heal 110
    3- Start healing at 30% (maybe 35%)
    4- Heal 150
    5- Start healing at 40% (maybe 50%)

or something like that. It could also go in the heal teammates direction when you get to 3 covers but I doubt it after True Healing debacle.

I really think Groot is going to be big ( icon_e_biggrin.gif ), he is very popular after the movie, and I think yellow is going to be a very very powerful power.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Double post deleted, nothing to see here.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Green. This is harder to predict, but essentially this skill is if Punisher's Judgement and Hulk's Thunderous Clap had a baby. I'm guessing it will destroy at minimum of a 3x3 area and do some fairly decent damage for any extra green you have lying around.

He punches out the middle of the board, that's why its 2x2. If it grows it will have to be 4x4 to still be the "middle". That would be a 300% increase, so it's likely to be at 5 covers if at all.

Instead, I'd expect to see damage increased and tiles destroyed increases.

Anything above 35% (I just got Deadpool'd, match yellow) would be broken for I Am Groot, basically make them unkillable on offense.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

He punches out the middle of the board, that's why its 2x2. If it grows it will have to be 4x4 to still be the "middle". That would be a 300% increase, so it's likely to be at 5 covers if at all.

Instead, I'd expect to see damage increased and tiles destroyed increases.

Anything above 35% (I just got Deadpool'd, match yellow) would be broken for I Am Groot, basically make them unkillable on offense.
    There's no reason the destroyed area would need to be a square at higher levels - there are plenty of other possible patterns.
  • True, but 3x3 will never fit in the middle of an 8x8 grid. Because the center is not a block, but a block intersection, the "middle" is 2x2, and any expantion would have to be symmetrical, or the description wouldn't' make any sense.

The smallest increase they could do would be to make the pattern this:

blacktile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png
    greentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png

Which goes from 4 blocks to 12 blocks, still a 200% increase, still the realm of a 5th cover if at all. No, I think it will only ever punch out a 2x2, and just destroy more random tiles with cover levels.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    True, but 3x3 will never fit in the middle of an 8x8 grid. Because the center is not a block, but a block intersection, the "middle" is 2x2, and any expantion would have to be symmetrical, or the description wouldn't' make any sense.

The smallest increase they could do would be to make the pattern this:

Which goes from 4 blocks to 12 blocks, still a 200% increase, still the realm of a 5th cover if at all. No, I think it will only ever punch out a 2x2, and just destroy more random tiles with cover levels.

Unless it expands out the same way Sentry does. In other words, direct Sentry counter by destroying the same pattern.

I don't think the Devs are that mean, but it would be something.
  • Looking at Colo's character he's definitely playable in PvE (for an incredibly powerful healing ability) and probably even playable in PvP even if his moves are kind of slow. His blue is much needed for a color that's generally lacking.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crazy thought, what if you want to heal as little as possible so you can trigger his yellow more often. 3 yellow might be good.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    blueflag.png 3 covers: Rocket makes 3 Strike tiles
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updated first post with stats from Colog. Since IceIX isn't posting stats any more, it would be good if Colog or someone could post the progression before leveling them up.
  • Crazy thought, what if you want to heal as little as possible so you can trigger his yellow more often. 3 yellow might be good.

Hard to see anything besides a super high level Daken or Blade that'd consistently put you back at 25% to re-trigger the ability, and if you got that much strike tile piled up you're probably screwed already. Yes there are characters that can do more damage but those guys will tend to just instantly kill you, like say a 9000 Headbutt from a level 395 Juggernaut. I think the consideration to go with less in yellow is simply for better green/blue, which is quite valid since green gets you 4 more tiles destroyed (significant for cascade purposes) and blue creates 1 more strike tile at level 5.
  • Crazy thought, what if you want to heal as little as possible so you can trigger his yellow more often. 3 yellow might be good.

May have some synergy with the Hood. Tanks blue/yellow, yet their passives overlap giving two decent actives on blue/yellow. Intimidation speeds up those intimidating strike tiles. Groxkets yellow has same merit for DA that mags red has...
  • IHaP (Grocket's blueflag.png) can be placed on any basic tile. Given my experience with Cap, this means about a 95% countdown rate, 5% destruction rate on a 3 turn CD.
  • camichan wrote:
    Crazy thought, what if you want to heal as little as possible so you can trigger his yellow more often. 3 yellow might be good.

May have some synergy with the Hood. Tanks blue/yellow, yet their passives overlap giving two decent actives on blue/yellow. Intimidation speeds up those intimidating strike tiles. Groxkets yellow has same merit for DA that mags red has...

You can place the CD over any basic tile so the chance of it being destroyed is very small unless you had a serious lapse in judgment.